Merkabah's First Hydroponic Grow

So far so good! I even saw a couple of purple trichs but I wasn't able to get a shot of one. But something tells me that I won't be able to avoid them once the crop is done.

Sounds mouth-watering, fantastic micro shots, going to have to grow me some purple!!

:hookah:

So, I just recently read something that makes sense to me, and that's to harvest once the pistils have receded back into the buds and the calyxes swell for a few days.

It also suggests letting the over all color shift from frosty to amber for both sativa and indica.

And I just read something very interesting that has me thinking. When present in an acidic environment CBD cyclizes to THC. I'm assuming that the pH swings are a result of just that happening.

:idea:
I believe that once the ripening has begun and I see signs of the pistils receding into the calyxes then I will no longer adjust the pH of the water. In fact, I may just watch the plant and stop adjusting the pH and see how it reacts.

When I tested it one time it was nearly pink in color and yet the leaves were extremely lush. I'm assuming that the plant prefers pH in the range of 4.5 to 5.0...maybe even a little bit lower.

And I'm curious as to whether or not the pH will stabilize or if it will continue to grow more acidic. I wonder if the roots are capable of adjusting the pH of their environment.

:hmmmm:
:hmmmm:

Always reading, always thinking!

So, no pics this time either...but I've been thinking about harvest. I've already passed the 56 day mark and here's what I have planned.

For the next 13 days I will lengthen the dark period 15 minutes every day and 30 minutes every five days (I did the math and it comes out to about 18 minutes a day with the amount of time left. Remainder of three, every five days.)

Starting September 1st I'm going to flush them with RO filtered water for one week.

September 9th and 10th will be 48 hours of total darkness and harvest will be on September 11th.

I'd like to share WHY I've chosen this time specifically to flush and harvest.

Years ago before the big 2012 humdrum started I actually came across the Tzolkin while crawling around the web. I came to find out that my birthday is on what is called a GAP day (Galactic Activation Portal). From what I gather the calender is based on a ratio that has to do with the human gestation period and the 13 moon natural time cycle as they call it. GAP days are said to be days where there are peaks in galactic energy. Most websites you can find information on it will state that people born on GAP days include all of the Beetles and Mozart, and that they have a high probability of shaping and defining certain paths when it comes to the sciences and arts.

Each day has a specific signature, one of 260 signatures in all accounting for the 20:13 ratio. In short, September 1st is a GAP day followed by a break of 10 days with out any GAP Days before one of two ten day stretches of back to back GAP days. This way the ten days that my plants are drying will all be days of significant galactic wavespells (as they are referred to).

Each of these signatures has a specific kin number to reference. September 1st is kin 96: Yellow Overtone Warrior. (I know, this is a lot of random information with funny horoscope names, but there's a LOT of information out there...I've been reading up on this stuff since 2003.)

The number 96 stands out to me for personal reasons so this just seems like the universe giving me a little nod and a smile.

The ten day stretch of GAP days include the following:

kin 106: White Lunar World-Bridger
I Polarize in order to Equalize
Stabilizing Opportunity
I seal the Store of Death
With the Lunar tone of Challenge
I am guided by the power of Endlessness
I am a galactic activation portal enter me.

kin 107: Blue Electric Hand
I Activate in order to Know
Bonding Healing
I seal the Store of Accomplishment
With the Electric tone of Service
I am guided by the power of Magic

kin 108: Yellow Self-Existing Star
I Define in order to Beautify
Measuring Art
I seal the Store of Elegance
With the Self-Existing tone of Form
I am guided by the power of Flowering

kin 109: Red Overtone Moon
I Empower in order to Purify
Commanding Flow
I seal the Process of Universal Water
With the Overtone tone of Radiance
I am guided by the power of Navigation

kin 110: White Rhythmic Dog
I Organize in order to Love
Balancing Loyalty
I seal the Process of Heart
With the Rhythmic tone of Equality
I am guided by my own power doubled

kin 111: Blue Resonant Monkey
I Channel in order to Play
Inspiring Illusion
I seal the Process of Magic
With the Resonant tone of Attunement
I am guided by the power of Abundance

kin 112: Yellow Galactic Human
I Harmonize in order to Influence
Modeling Wisdom
I seal the Process of Free Will
With the Galactic tone of Integrity
I am guided by the power of Intelligence

kin 113: Red Solar Skywalker
I Pulse in order to Explore
Realizing Wakefullness
I seal the Output of Space
With the Solar tone of Intention
I am guided by the power of Universal Water

kin 114: White Planetary Wizard
I Perfect in order to Enchant
Producing Receptivity
I seal the Output of Timelessness
With the Planetary tone of Manifestation
I am guided by the power of Spirit

kin 115: Blue Spectral Eagle
I Dissolve in order to Create
Releasing Mind
I seal the Output of Vision
With the Spectral tone of Liberation
I am guided by my own power doubled
I am a polar kin I transport the Blue galactic spectrum.

Whoa, hold up! I've never seen that "polar kin" before! :thedoubletake:

Looks like I have some more reading and research to do.

Well, enough of my new age mystical mumbo jumbo! That's not why we're here, right? We're here to grow some dank ass bud!

So, what do you guys think about the whole shortening of days deal right at the end? I figure the more I can simulate of nature the better the plant will respond. I'm guessing that the plant will begin to think "Oh my! My days are numbered! Better fatten up for my seeds. Oh wait, there are no males! FUCK IT! KEEP MAKING THC!"

Looking good. What size light do you have in your cabinet? And my suggestion next time you grow un the cabinet. If you want to use all 16 sites I would suggest you go sog method.

Im a total noob here with 0 grows under my belt. Plan on buying a Super Closet come tax time and started doing my "homework" early. Quick question for ya; I've read on various forums that its ill advised to use all 16 plant sites. They say 16 is just too much to effectively grow. Any truth to that? Also, would I get a better yield if I grew a short bushy plants using the net trellis, or just let them grow tall on their own? Beautiful girls btw!:cheer:

From what I've seen of this system it should be able to handle sixteen plants fairly well. I think sixteen plants flowered at around 8 inches would do wonderfully. In fact, with a little bit of pruning and maybe each plant being topped once, MAYBE twice, you could pull close to a pound if you know what you're doing and you keep the plant happy. To get a pound, all each plant has to produce is one ounce. That's roughly 28 grams. If you were to top it once each cola and subsequent buds should produce 14 grams each. It this possible? I think so. would it be easy to accomplish? Doubtful.

I think that the (light's) footprint (as I have heard it referred to as) is great enough to produce well. One of my plants is well within the space confines of one of the sixteen sites and I believe that it is capable of producing around an ounce of bud.

I'm considering getting a couple of tents also after I get a few grows in. I'll likely use the closet as a SOG chamber for a continual crop of Autoflowering strains. One of the tents will be used for single plant bubble bucket grows (most likely ScrOG) and one of the tents will likely house a cloning station/mother station.

Although I may use the closet for a non-autoflower SOG.

Hope that helps some. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have!

Peace! And welcome to growing! Have fun!

And it all comes out to a grand total of 233 grams dried weight! 169 of that being Blue Dream.

Everyday the smoke just gets better and better and better.

I've already got a Green Love Potion germinated and in a few days I plan on moving it out of the little humidity dome/cloning tray I have into a bubble bucket that I purchased at a local hydroponic shop for under $20 (two buckets so as to make changing the water easier and one lid). I'm using the four little air stones and pump that came with the system.

Well, glad to say it's been an experience and I've learned a lot in these past months! Nothing in the world like home grown!

Mods! Move this sucka ovah to zee finis journals section and stick a fork in it cause this.is.DONE!

:cheesygrinsmiley::slide::blunt::grinjoint::yahoo::thanks:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom