J9BLACK's GDP - White Widow - C99 Crazy 8s Grow

J9BLACK

OK, I've got Orphan Annie who is rocking on another grow thread... she'll be done in a few weeks.

I've got three C99s in a hydroponic system:
DSCF8848.JPG

Plus three White Widows in the giant grow pot:
DSCF8849.JPG

And three GDP in the smaller grow pots (for now):
DSCF8850.JPG

I'm using organic soil for those in the grow tent, with sand on top and a vinegar based gnat trap.

I am keeping the C99s in my hydroponic "nursery" system until they are strong enough to make it to the 600 Watt grow tent. I may keep one of the C99s behind in the hydroponic system and learn how to do hydroponics, but then again I may not. I may just put all three into the huge grow bag in the tent and just experiment on cuttings.

Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks.

I believe I am way more prepared this time around...

600 Watt (3-Stage) MH with HPS standing by for the flowering stage.
Secret Jardin DR 120 Grow Tent (48" x 48" x 80")
Carbon filter with exhaust fan
Fire/heat responsive automatic fire extinguisher

The hydro unit I had started leaking, so I moved the last C99 to soil. The first photo is post transplant. The next is this morning's.

Notebook_New_note_page10.jpg

Notebook_New_note_page11.jpg

So, what do you guys think? How do you like the setup?

I plan on cleaning the glass and moving the pots around for even light. Other than that...Any recommendations?

I'm thinking of moving my 125 Watt CFL cabinet light into that tent for additional lumens.

I have already added the 125W CFL to the tent to join my 600W. The bulb for my 400W system just arrived, so it will replace the CFL for a total of 1000W. The CFL will go back into the grow cab for future cloning.

I haved adopted some new girls, twins actually. No doubt they will become Train Wrecks.

I was in a pinch so used a Halloween witches cauldron for one--her name understandably, Gretel.

Yesterday morning, these parched girls were drenched. This pic is 10 hours later and they seem fine.

Notebook_New_note_page14.jpg

Looks good mate, but i think 600w is more than enough for a DS120, in fact i'd only go with 400w + a little supplement maybe, if had a 120. If you put too much light in there, you might get in trouble with stretch and heat.
Maybe you could hang the carbon filter up above the light, that way you'd get a bit more space on the ground. I think you'll need it once those plants start stretching and filling out.
What kind of medium are you using?

Good call on the filter. I'll have to research hanging it .

Sounds like you're thinking I should keep the lighting as is, 600W plus the 125W CFL. I will hold off then...especially with how warm its been.

I could use the flexibility with my strains at varying stages of development. I may trade for a 4 x 2 grow tent just to flower the Wh Wi and GDP ahead of the longer veging sativas

Thanks for your input!

Hey J9black! Lookin good my man! I second the motion of hanging the filter. Not only will it free more space at the bottom of your tent but it will take your hot air from the top(where hot air stays) instead of robbing your cool air from the bottom and should help your temps inside the tent alot.

No tent straps. I know, I'll order them from a 420 Mag vendor.

My plants are 12"-18" in height. I'm thinking I should move the GDP to a separate grow tent to flower at 24"...

1106120725.jpg
1106120725a.jpg

How would you time the flowering? I have a feeling the GDP will be at 24" long before the sativas are close to ready.

I could still use some input on a flowering plan. Right now, I'm thinking of acquiring a small grow tent (like my first) just to flower my WhWi and GDP (which is supposed to reach 24"). I think the sativas are going to take too long.

IMG_9277.JPG
IMG_92781.JPG
IMG_9279.JPG

I am so needing just to get a decent yielding grow that I will take on the more advanced techniques like that and fimming, SoG, etc. in another year or two. I still have to master the basics. For example, I brought on the 400 W and my temps climbed 13 degrees heat stressing the plants. That heat lamp is now offline--which fits into my plans anyway.

1113121853.jpg

I ordered a 36" x 36" x 78" tent just for flowering the White Widows. Do you see any reason why not?

1113121853a.jpg

For low heat output and high lums, and low electric bill, and very low price, check out CFL lights. There is a 300 watt equal at homedepot for $16. It puts out 4500 lumens. It is 2500k for flowering. Put two of those side by side, booya.

You can also find them in 5,000k for vegging.

Back
Top Bottom