First LED Grow Ever

well of all the clones i took a few weeks ago. I have 7 that have rooted. 4 of them are flowering clones. Since it would be probably another 4 weeks until i have a closet open i have decided to attempt a mini sog / half scrog. I am gonna SOG all clones on the left side of the 20 gallon res and scrog the one blue dream on the right side of the cabinet since its already been vegging for weeks and has been topped 4 x times already lol. I may separate this journal into a new one. I am trying to see what is better yielding SOG or Scrog in my cabinet.

If this is a stupid idea let me know lol but seems better than those clones just sitting there in the cloner as i dont really have a place to veg them with nutes.

I am going for it stealth!! SOG in a supercloset lol - should be exciting lol

Congratz on your clones! 7 rooted clones sounds good! Im for sure going to do the aero cloner at some point. Is this what you used for these?

Hmmm.. A SOG in a cabinet? Should be interesting! No doubt you can do it but the question is if it will be worth it. I think a SOG is more for a whole room to go straight from rooted clone to flowering. This gives the grower a very quick grow!

I personally believe you would yield more from just maxing your cabinet with 1 or 2 huge plants since you have more vertical room in your cabinet. SOG plants dont really get big and are one main cola of bud. Im sure everyone with a lot more experience in this will give you some input! Next on my list i believe is going to be a SCROG!

As always keep up the good work! Im here for awesome show!
:thumb:

Congratz on your clones! 7 rooted clones sounds good! Im for sure going to do the aero cloner at some point. Is this what you used for these?

Hmmm.. A SOG in a cabinet? Should be interesting! No doubt you can do it but the question is if it will be worth it. I think a SOG is more for a whole room to go straight from rooted clone to flowering. This gives the grower a very quick grow!

I personally believe you would yield more from just maxing your cabinet with 1 or 2 huge plants since you have more vertical room in your cabinet. SOG plants dont really get big and are one main cola of bud. Im sure everyone with a lot more experience in this will give you some input! Next on my list i believe is going to be a SCROG!

As always keep up the good work! Im here for awesome show!

Thanks hunter! yes this is the mighty work of the aerocloner lol. I probly would have had more but i tried some big ones, small ones, Dipped in root hormone, not dipped in root hormones etc. What seem to work was 1/8 inch clones dipped in root hormone. I know it washes off but hey they rooted and the other didn't so i'm going with it. It works for me and thats the rule right? if it works do it hahaha......

Yea i originally thought the same thing but it seems like no matter how tall to you go there is sill only enough light to penetrate soo far. so i thought hey why not try sog to maximize the amount of top quality solid bud under the leds while also losing all the veg time and getting another grow in per year. Thats my thought anyways, i could be over thinking it lol........

I have 16 plant sites and if I could get half oz per plant. technically thats 8 oz (which would be crazy for that cab). Most SOG grows i have been looking at have yielded about .5 oz to 2oz per plant - i know i cant get 2 oz with that close of spacing (or my skills yet hahaha) but hey i would take the .5 per plant for a total of 8 oz. If both cabs got that every 9-10 weeks thats 1lb every 2.1 months.

I think stealth is getting anywhere from 10-13 oz from a scrog method on these cabinets with a 3 month grow cycle. Correct me if im wrong stealth lol :0

I know math on paper doesn't always equate to real life lol

Yea great ideas! You should try all methods and see which one you like and which one performs better for your setup! Im ready to get my two soil papayas in my TENT! If i dont get my LED like i want i guess i might try the SCROG with CFL's lol! Should get interesting in the next few months!

Yea great ideas! You should try all methods and see which one you like and which one performs better for your setup! Im ready to get my two soil papayas in my TENT! If i dont get my LED like i want i guess i might try the SCROG with CFL's lol! Should get interesting in the next few months!

OOOOOO bet your excited cant wait to see that light!

Cannabis1 sent me a pm from a hydro store where he ordered 1 gallon and got 2.5 free upgrade. I just got my tracking and it weighs 26.something pounds. sounds like i got it too!!!!!!!

Well see for sure when it shows up but at 8lbs a gallon seems like it to me. MAD PROPS TO CANNABIS1

2.5 gallons of aquashield for 1 gallon price -HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has made my friday - thank you again cannabis1 for sharing this with us here @ 420 mag

Awesome! Thats a great deal!

Also keep in mind that aquashield is only good for 1 year from manufacture date! After that the beanies arent good anymore!.. I guess the die off... Check the dates and make sure they are not selling any out of date stuff trying to get rid of it! I would hate for you to have problems again and it was due to expired products!

Hi Robert. I didn't realize your plants were 10 week bloomers, they are gonna swell a lot more and get much bigger if they still have 4 weeks of flower to go. Sweet deals for you, all the more for the final yield.;)

I don't want to over guesstimate on your final haul, but because I know the size of the closets so well.. and you still have 4 weeks of flower left....on the conservative side.... your looking at a couple of zips dry I'd say.

Awesome news that your gonna try the SOG in the closets. I might be able to help you guesstimate the final yield on those also. I'm gonna flip the second closet tonight to set my rotation down, and two of the plants are the small critical clones i took a few weeks back. They are the smallest plants I've flowered in the closets so far, we'll see how they yield in bout 8 weeks.;)

air temps dialed right in now - 2 weeks without a hiccup in 100 degree weather. and who says you cant grow in a hot garage............ Challenge accepted and won :) NOT THE EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD THOUGH LOL
good_temps.jpg

Temps look dialed in Robert, Good job. How they looking? :thumb:

they are looking great - i opened the door the other day and both plants have fallen over have to be tied to keep them standing. not sure if that means i had stems that didnt grow right and couldnt hold the flowers or bomb buds that are still tipping the plant lol. maybe a little of both. I will give updates of pictures tomorrow. nothing much has been happening other then the buds continuing to grow...... nice not to have daily problems anymore.....Wheeeew

mrrobert420, We need an update... Sir... ! Haha hope everything is going good on your end! Cant wait to see some updated pics of those buds!

I apologize everyone!! Everything is still going great!! Our baby is coming soon, so we have cleaning and shopping and packing and stressing hahahahaha. 7 more weeks till our first bundle of joy arrives. I meant to shoot pictures last night and well life just gets in the way lol........ soon maybe tonight. Actually I will for sure make it tonight. I will give you guys and update tomorrow morning :)

Blue Dream is now being held up with fishing line as it just falls over like it wants to sleep. Colas are getting quite heavy - Another 2 weeks till the chop hopefully.........

Oh I also decided to drop my ppms wayyyyyyy back. Im only running the expert series @ 700ppm - Screw GH's nute chart (well not entirely lol just not full strength, not even half lol ) - Too many people are using way less of nutes for me to believe GH lol - I think they just want you to buy hundreds of dollars of products per grow.........

Back
Top Bottom