Jack Reaper leaves curling

Sgt Smokey

Hello, I'm growing a Gorgeous recovery plant my friend grew it in soil riddled with dog piss till it was about a week old then i saw it had lots of deformities and what not so i took it home and put it in MG soil with a pot and some 6700k daylight cfl's and it started growing better but still funky like i had to trim off it's first2 sets of fan leaves to let it grow upward more and about 5 day's ago i was gifted a 800 watt multi-halide light (2 actuallly only 1 case tho) and i'm just leaving it on 24/7 as that was what it was used to from the CFL lights. In these past few days of being under the light it had easily trippled in size and dailey spitting out newer bigger healthier leaves and nodes and leaves comming from inside old nodes the stem got a lot thicker and it's turning purple! (not from being cold it's actually a little too warm around 80 in there so it's gotta just be the dank comming out but my real question is why the leaves are comming out curly? is it because they spit out this way and are so big it takes a while to flatten out? i don't think so because it has new sets every day, it's about a foot away from the light no signs of burning i have an air purifier also working as the fan (undirect air) till i figure out whats to much or not.OR is it because it's to hot and its trying to sweat? feedback ASAP PLEASE (also i bought phing stuff and MG nutes. but havnt used yet..

263dkde.jpg

e9ujvl.jpg

ITs not directly under the light because of my little baby plants so it leans to the side a little i just rotate it every time i remember.
mjr9mg.jpg

If you`re curling up like that it could mean Humidity, and Lighting issues. The leaves look very dry and probably crumbling in your hands....Its hard to tell what set up you have,but do you have a fan and proper ventillation? Also, how much NUTES are you feeding them? How often are you watering?

If you`re curling up like that it could mean Humidity, and Lighting issues. The leaves look very dry and probably crumbling in your hands....Its hard to tell what set up you have,but do you have a fan and proper ventillation? Also, how much NUTES are you feeding them? How often are you watering?

somewhat dry i can touch them and it feels moist and looks moist still tho no crumbling or yellowing or anything every new set looks darker, had a problem with no circulating air and soil wasn't drying then i put an air purifier in there with the light and it's drying quite fast now, a normal water bottle size of water dailey now due to being paranoyed about water still residing at the bottom from earlier in time. I am still learning about how to add all the nutes and ph stuff i just got i havn't used any yet. and i'm switching the plant to a 5 gall soon.

edit: P.S. i'll take pictures of what i got for you, new grower last plant's were all outdoors natural. I got given this all for free and have an entire room i can make into a grow room but it's in that rooms closet for now.
P.P.S. just realised i took these pics with the light on and it made it look yellow the light is only 10 inches above my plant, but it's not directly above. it's more 6 inches to the right of it or more..

somewhat dry i can touch them and it feels moist and looks moist still tho no crumbling or yellowing or anything every new set looks darker, had a problem with no circulating air and soil wasn't drying then i put an air purifier in there with the light and it's drying quite fast now, a normal water bottle size of water dailey now due to being paranoyed about water still residing at the bottom from earlier in time. I am still learning about how to add all the nutes and ph stuff i just got i havn't used any yet. and i'm switching the plant to a 5 gall soon.

edit: P.S. i'll take pictures of what i got for you, new grower last plant's were all outdoors natural. I got given this all for free and have an entire room i can make into a grow room but it's in that rooms closet for now.
P.P.S. just realised i took these pics with the light on and the light is only 10 inches above my plant, but it's not directly above. it's more 6 inches to the right of it or more..

You`re watering way too much and not using NUTES properly. Step back.
1- What type of nutes are you using?
2- Distilled or RO water only, and water maybe every 7-10 days.
3- Don`t move plant unless soil is dry.
4- Stop guessing and start paying more attention to what you`re doing.. Amazing, these plants have survived.
5- Get potting soil and make sure you buy a bag of perlite as well as cly rocks to place on the bottom of the pot.....Make sure you wash the rocks...
The more pics the better..

here is more sorry about my bad phone i'll get a better camera soon, these pics are under sunlight some with and without flash to try and get better detail.

cd419cb1_o.jpeg

15c6a8d1_o.jpeg

298ca99c_o.jpeg

199527f3_o.jpeg

cbbc4a95_o.jpeg

fa5ae254_o.jpeg

f3a93135_o.jpeg

should i move the plant directly under the light but put it further under like 2 feet rather than 1, and put the baby plants undirectly under it and further down as well?

Hi Sgt Smokey,

I suspect this is a combination of heat stress and overwatering. You mention that your light is only 1 foot away correct? Do you have any idea what the temperature around the canopy is? You mention being gifted an 800 watt metal halide light but then something about 2 actually, but only 1 case. I'm afriad I'm unclear on the power of your light because of that additional info and the fact High Intensity Lights usually come in 400, 600 and 1000 watt sizes. If you, as I suspect, you really have a 400 watt light, 1 foot is probably a little close. Perhaps try moving the light to 18-24 inches until the plant has a chance to get accustomed to what is a TON more light than it's been getting. If it truly is 800 watts, something 24-30 inches until acclimated.

I also think your plants would benefit from at least 8 hours of dark per day in spite of the their previous schedule under the flourescent light.

Since Miracle Grow soil already has time release nutrients in it, I would be very hesitant about giving any additional nutrients for some time if at all.

In most instances watering every day when growing in soil is far more often than necessary. Cannabis plants prefer drier grow medium rather than a damp/moist medium.

Be well and happy growing.

Hi Sgt Smokey,

I suspect this is a combination of heat stress and overwatering. You mention that your light is only 1 foot away correct? Do you have any idea what the temperature around the canopy is? You mention being gifted an 800 watt metal halide light but then something about 2 actually, but only 1 case. I'm afriad I'm unclear on the power of your light because of that additional info and the fact High Intensity Lights usually come in 400, 600 and 1000 watt sizes. If you, as I suspect, you really have a 400 watt light, 1 foot is probably a little close. Perhaps try moving the light to 18-24 inches until the plant has a chance to get accustomed to what is a TON more light than it's been getting. If it truly is 800 watts, something 24-30 inches until acclimated.

I also think your plants would benefit from at least 8 hours of dark per day in spite of the their previous schedule under the flourescent light.

Since Miracle Grow soil already has time release nutrients in it, I would be very hesitant about giving any additional nutrients for some time if at all.

In most instances watering every day when growing in soil is far more often than necessary. Cannabis plants prefer drier grow medium rather than a damp/moist medium.

Be well and happy growing.

Thank you for the info i will be moving to about 30 inches and putting the light on 100% it's only on 50% power right now, i have a timer but won't breaking the 24 hour schedule at this time trick it into flower? I know for sure i'm doing 18/6 with my next veg.

MG is one thing, proper feeding is another. I suggest grow big, and tiger bloom for starters for your nutes and don`t go overboard. Try 1.5 tsp each per gallon. Trim the bottom leaves and have you thought about "Topping"? Lightening is 16/8 during VEG and 12/12 during flowering,using an HPS. You`re going to make mistakes on your first grow its a given, but, keep a journal and refer back to it....

Happy to help Sgt. Smokey.

Should you change your mind, I wouldn't worry about inducing flowering by moving to an 16/8 light schedule. The plants need 12 hours or so of darkness to begin flowering unless you've rescued and auto flower and then it's going to bloom no matter the light schedule.

Hey everyone moving the plant further from the light helped so much since posting this earlier today, I have watched tons of videos and read plenty of websites to feel confident topping the splant at it's current position it looks perfect for it! Also i decided i'm going to take off some of the fan leaves from the bottom to help it grow the newer tops if i do top it which i hope you all agree with because i won't if you don't, so please let me know!!

Awesome news Sgt. Smokey!

Your plant, so your choice on topping and trimming - obviously. I personally would give the poor plant a few days, now that is doing better, before hitting it with stress inducing trimming. After a couple days recouperation, I'd abuse the hell out it as desired! :rofl:

Awesome news Sgt. Smokey!

Your plant, so your choice on topping and trimming - obviously. I personally would give the poor plant a few days, now that is doing better, before hitting it with stress inducing trimming. After a couple days recouperation, I'd abuse the hell out it as desired! :rofl:

Word so I'll wait till tomorrow and put some more pictures up for you guys maybe even a video to make it easier..?? but still i don't think i have enough experience to decide myself if it's too old for topping so what would you do in the given case? I know i'll be trimming the un-needed fan leaves from the bottom in 2 days they are small and old lol i'm sure the new ones 5x the size are working fine :]

Back
Top Bottom