Fan Leaves Dying

Stoned Redneck

Well thats what I call them.The really big ones.Anyway. Last December i was rolling a joint and found a seed in some of last years outdoor harvest.I had a cup of good soil from a clone that died and I poped it in and some water.well out poped a very impressive start and within a short time it needed to move.The only light it had was a 60 wt? pig tail light (the new ones) that i left on 24/7. well I transplanted it into a 10 gallon plastic bag and filled it with some old soil from last years chicken and mushroom compost with Happy Frog.. I incresed the light to a 300 wt pig tail and it took off !!I moved it outside when it was almost 6 feet ! So now it has been out mabey 2 weeks and all the big fan leaves are dieing.The rest of the plant looks great.the new groth is really lookin good almost like buding. So could the leaves falling off be from the shock of having a 24 hour light to being moved outdoors? Or should I even worry about them? If This lady(Oh I hope so) can make it till September.......man o man ! Thanks Red

sick_leaf2.jpg

yes it apears so. I was lookin at her today and sure enough there is little white spears coming from the tops.So how do you see this playing out now that its out in the real world ? it apears healthy. thanks Red

Probably a deficiency of some kind, possibly a blockage. Your soil sounds like it may be a bit rich... perhaps it's been over-fertilized with potassium and phosphorus, resulting in nutrient blockage. Normally flushing would be recommended... are you able to flush the plant? I know it's outdoors so that might not be easy.

Hmmm? Well that may be...The plant is in a 10 gallon plastic bag resting on the ground so flushing would work.....But without ever using any fertilizers other than chicken dung and mushroom compost and it being last years mix it shouldn't be to hot... Anyway the new growth looks great ,I just wonder what changing from 24/7 lights to outdoor sunshine would cause... Thanks GC,enjoy the summer sunshine.We finally got some today....Red;)

Well gang,Check this out !! The fan leaves contunue to drop but .....
June_8_2015_013.JPG
June_8_2015_008.JPG
June_8_2015_012.JPG
So what do you think will happen as time goes on?Red

:thumb:

looks great

Can't say either way on the fan leaves. I'm with GreenCaper in that it could either be a deficiency or too much of something. Maybe someone else will chime in with more outdoor knowledge than I have.

I just thought the changing from lights that were on 24/7 to real daylight might have a affect. I used good amended soil...I'm just glad she is still going strong other than the few fan leaves that fell

Thank you...I have been told to "Just watch the new growth" as that will tell whats really going on...Within reason.....I will post more pictures as times goes on..Thanks again for the input...Happy Trails,Red ...

well the older fan leaves continue to turn yellow and wilt but the new growth is still lookin like its mid Augest.Nice buds all over.To me it looks like all the growth that happened indoors under the artificial light is dyeing and the new growth is takin over... I thought budding was determined by the time of the season/hours of day light not how old the plant is.. Any thoughts ? Red

I just thought the changing from lights that were on 24/7 to real daylight might have a affect.

Yup... looks like sunburn to me. Make the move from artificial to natural light more gently next time. Start with 1 or 2 hours at a time. Move up to full sun increasing the hours exposed over the course of a week. I once burned a whole set of clones just repotting out in the sun.

I see some mighty bright sunlight going in your photos. I'm not surprised you got some burn and curling. Like everyone said... don't worry about the older damaged growth... keep a tight eye on the new growth. She looks awesome.

Be sure to remove any damaged leaves that are blocking healthy leaves. Those 1/2 burned leaves are not doing you any favors.

Cool ......Thanks for the easy explanation....Now I will know for next year. The new growth looks great .I'll get some more pictures as time goes along..So do you think this girl will be done mid July or something or will she keep going till September/Oct.? If this works what a great way to jump start the season. Thanks again ,Red

Well Guys,The big girl turned out to be a big BOY !! Bummer, but I have a sick friend that is going to use it for its nutrent value.he said the pot plants thrown in a blender and drank like a smoothy is very good for him.Soooooo I'm guessing that moving it from the grow room to outside may have shocked it into being a girl... Soo Live n learn...I should have taken more time in acklamating (sp?) it .Is that the word ? Thanks for all the info..Happy Trails and have a fruitfull summer.Red

Back
Top Bottom