Jock Horror first grow help

snoxker

Hello Growers,
Iv'e ordered 10 jock horror seeds from crop king about a month ago. Started germinating 5 seeds in a glass of distilled water and then did the paper towel method. All of that went fine. 3 of them sprouted so I planted them in a solo cup with holes at the bottom. But they are growing very slowly and my fartest plant has now stated to curve in and the leaves have started going down. I think i've been overwatering them but wanted to ask you guys to be sure. Note: Ive taken that plant ouside twice in a bit of sun for an hour to try to give it a little boast but that didnt help.

What do y'all think?

Re: Jock Horrow first grow help

Hello Growers,
Iv'e ordered 10 jock horror seeds from crop king about a month ago. Started germinating 5 seeds in a glass of distilled water and then did the paper towel method. All of that went fine. 3 of them sprouted so I planted them in a solo cup with holes at the bottom. But they are growing very slowly and my fartest plant has now stated to curve in and the leaves have started going down. I think i've been overwatering them but wanted to ask you guys to be sure. Note: Ive taken that plant ouside twice in a bit of sun for an hour to try to give it a little boast but that didnt help.

What do y'all think?
where the / $#UCK ARE the pics?

GFP

Re: Jock Horrow first grow help

20170712_154522.jpg

What kind of light and how many watts? Also keep in mind plants while in the vegetative stage like a high humidity level and never let the temps go above 80-85 degrees.
a good quality led.OR an HID lamp (600) watts will do you just fine...if heat and space is an issue. go led if not hps still works great ..I use cfl lighting for certain things but not for flowering...for flowering you want a real light that guarantees you yield...don't go cheap on lighting.
GFP

If you're hardening the plant off to start indoors and eventually put outside that's one thing but you could be stressing the plant daily by doing that. Can you post pics of each individually? I don't see anything dire going on with the closest one, maybe growing a little strange if anything but hey, it's above ground and that's a start eh?

The first one was a bit of trouble because the 2 first leaves stuck togheter by the shell so it didnt start up too well
20170712_202644.jpg

This one just sprouted 2 days ago, and had a weak side but seems to be getting better
20170712_202638.jpg

And I dont know what kind of light this is but its 75 watts and heat is all good termometer stick at 82 pretty much all the time
20170712_202344.jpg

My plan is to start them inside and take them outside when they can take the heat and full sunlight but i know that for now they cant handle the heat so i was putting it behind another plant so it would get 25 % sun

Looks like a halogen. Dump that shit for a few cfls or something. Sometimes the membrane inside the seed doesn't come off easy. A little saliva can help weaken it

Allright i got a few of those so i'll switch it up and Yeah i saw that, was able to pick it out with a pair of tweezers without damaging the leafs

The first one was a bit of trouble because the 2 first leaves stuck togheter by the shell so it didnt start up too well
20170712_202644.jpg

This one just sprouted 2 days ago, and had a weak side but seems to be getting better
20170712_202638.jpg

And I dont know what kind of light this is but its 75 watts and heat is all good termometer stick at 82 pretty much all the time
20170712_202344.jpg

My plan is to start them inside and take them outside when they can take the heat and full sunlight but i know that for now they cant handle the heat so i was putting it behind another plant so it would get 25 % sun
umm that looks like a halogen lamp ...NOT ideal at all. too weak and far from the spectrum needed. you should get a cheap fluorescent for now.that will be better than what you have and get the plant to where you end it, so it can go outside. what's the medium by the way.? and the runoff ph?
GFP

allright i'll definitely go to the store tomorow. the medium is an organic potting soil that i found, dont remember the brand. I only use distilled water at pH between 6.5 and 7. Not sure about the runoff ph though

allright i'll definitely go to the store tomorow. the medium is an organic potting soil that i found, dont remember the brand. I only use distilled water at pH between 6.5 and 7. Not sure about the runoff ph though
get a ph pen while your there. and an ec pen as well that measures the level of fertilizer. good luck keep us posted.
GFP

Yeah i saw that, was able to pick it out with a pair of tweezers without damaging the leafs

It often just means things dried out too fast and failed to separate. This can happen with old seeds, if the grower is using a light source that produced a good bit of heat and caused drying ( :rolleyes3 halogen :rolleyes3 )... or if the strain has OG "Kush" genetics in it, lol. Rehydrating the area before messing with it is usually a good idea, as those tiny first leaflets are kind of fragile. Applying a little water, waiting a bit, applying a little more, rinse/lather/repeat. Or, as mentioned, spit on it, I guess ha ha.

Yeah, that's what she said ;) .

Back
Top Bottom