JohnnieJC3's Dual Threat 2x4's DIY QB's: Variety Please!

Great to have you Stone... your Journals are my favorite... And GDB too, ya'll make me laugh and that is SO important in my book. I see your girls popped and looked very healthy... LETS GO!!
We gotta laugh johnnie! Why not! One convoluted example of that is my dad, may he rest in peace, when he took a shot of cheap whiskey he'd cringe and say, it feels so good when the pain goes away! So why the heck not enjoy everything because there's a lot of cheap whiskey moments in life!

Alright, it's time to KICK this off on a Friday with a BIG Update... some REALLY Cool News and yeah... HAPPY Friday it BE.

Where to start sometimes... with my wacky wandering mind, this Damn Bubble Rosin GOT me this Mornin'.

I put the 2nd tent up yesterday, well, the tents been put together for a few days just been chippin' away at putting it together, but yesterday I put in a Ton of work and finished everything the right way. I upgraded the Air intake elbow to a 10" and there is absolutely no more pressure like squeezing a juice box(or something). The old 6" elbow just wasn't enough for the taller Gorilla Lite that is 6ft 7 and the pressure was just too much. Knocked a fan down a time or two(over time slowly slipping off of the tent pole). I had to safety strap them so no accidental fallings on the girls... has happened tho...' Murphy's Law and all that. The smaller tent sucks in a little from the 6" intake, but it's not bad, and I'll probably upgrade that setup to an 8". I put 4" Vortex on the roof of the tent, with a cardboard spacer and a 4" hole for the piping(10" hole and 4" Fan so an insert is needed). I could of tied it up(bungee's) in the inside of the tent like I have to do in the smaller tent(No other option), but I prefer it on the outside. All legal here and a fan on top or inside isn't going to change the fact of it being noticeable, Tall and Stealthy... NOT so much.

Lighting, I had two QB 96's going last few grows, but they run hotter than I like, even in Cooler temperatures so I bought another one last season and had to install the new one to the system, the other two were already Plug N Play ready. Put the light together and added two wire hangers I had on hand from Old Mars lights that came with 4 wire hangars(that I didn't need at the time), thank you Mars for the Recycled tools that keep on giving. Really liking the flexibility already with 3 lights and MUCH cooler, I'm feeling No heat right now and the plants are getting right around 25 to 27K of light so roughly, 350-400umol. I just started turning them up slowly... Lately. Most of the grow has been on the lowest setting of 108 Watts Only.

Installed the 2 clip on fans(taken apart and cleaned) that aren't clip on anymore, just strapped to the pole with some old garden wire tie I had on hand. I also cleaned both of the Pre filters for the Scrubber, One spare if needed, I shouldn't need it since it's all fresh and clean, and just put together. I will however clean the small tents pre-filter right before Flip.

I will say this about the Gorilla Lite, it's kind of a PITA to setup by yourself, but CAN and has been done and it's only the 2nd time putting it together from Scratch so I expect Road Blocks and fighting me a bit, it's the Normal. I think that's it, I had to run to the Depot to get the 10" elbow($12), and another Surge protector, but I was at the finish line and enjoyed the break and all the hard work was Complete.

Now for the Cool and unusual news this morning, I was nominated for Grow Journal of the Month... SHOCKED... YEAH just a Little(Not worthy)... but what a wonderful honor it is just to be nominated and I'm not used to being on blast... so it's a different feeling for me... I LIKE IT!

Enough of me going On and On, Bring ON the SHOW!

Bigger Tent Above Pics.. Last Pic is this
Morning, had high winds and rough Humidity,
much better this morning. Not a fan of the color
of my plants under the QB's... I'll get some better
pictures up with the light Off Soon.

2nd Wash Bubble Rosin 120/90/73 micron

P.S Tonight will be the Beginning of Day 43, all Plant pics from Yesterday. The Bigger plants were Fed Two nights ago and the Little plants are due for a feeding tomorrow(7 days like the other plants). Keep Em' Green. :volcano-smiley:

About 1.5 to 2 Days Old
About 4 Days Old

Yesterday (Six Pics Above)

AND... Current. They really enjoyed there first real drink of Aloe and Yucca.
Left to Right Top, P Wreck D Phoenix and Mozarella
Bottom Left to Right Jack Herer OGK and other Jack Herer.
Aloe and yucca? This is so new to me!! I'm in for this ride for sure. Plus I happen to be a Cheese and Skunk fan

I am definitely a Skunk fan, but for some reason I've never grown any Cheese varieties over the years(No particular reason really)... The Mozzarella should be interesting, anything skunky and Funky reminds me of the Early to Mid 90's when I was just a Teen... just learning the Ropes of the Green. :meditate:

I appreciate you dropping by @Krissi1982... and yes.. Aloe/Yucca in small amounts(1/8th to 1/4 tsp per gallon) every watering... Love it... So many benefits, the Yucca waters the plants so evenly and. nutrient uptake and overall faster metabolism. Aloe is just amazing all on it's own, root development, makes them more tolerant to environmental problems(Outside), calcium, zinc, amino's (Glutatime, Lysine), enzymes, the list goes On and On of the benefits, great for foliar spray as well, pests Anti-bacterial/fungal(preventive or prevention) properties, just a plethora of GOODness for the Gals.

I am definitely a Skunk fan, but for some reason I've never grown any Cheese varieties over the years(No particular reason really)... The Mozzarella should be interesting, anything skunky and Funky reminds me of the Early to Mid 90's when I was just a Teen... just learning the Ropes of the Green. :meditate:
You're very nostalgic today Johhny B Goode. Makes me nostalgic, too. I dig it. Just have had the Blue Cheese recently and my Amnesia is a mix of Cinderella 99, Jack Herrer, and Skunk #1. I want to try a different cheese, mozzarella sounds yummy. I have some Skunk #1 Auto seeds also to start up

It's a Nostalgic grow what can I say... Been wanting to grow J Herer for a long time, I finally feel worthy and it is a Bucket List sort of Strain for me. Not that I'm kickin' the bucket anytime Soon(hopefully anyway) but I've had the pleasure twice in my life(Smokin' Herer)...3rd time Will be all My doing and not from a Club.
AND THAT MY FRIEND IS THE MOST REWARDING SMOKE OF ALL!!! :green_heart:

Happy Friday to everyone... been about a week so I figured I was overdue for an update. I flipped the Big tent two days ago so tonight will be 2 completed days and the beginning of Day 3 Bloom. The Dark Phoenix is a BIG gurl, I'm going to have to keep her in Check. The other two plants aren't going to be a problem from what it looks like. When I flipped the ladies... I cleaned up some branches(minimal lower sucker nodes) that won't amount to much so OUTTA here, other than that, just flattening a few of the taller nodes here and there, pretty even plants overall... and most of the training is Done. Once the stretch is over in about 3 weeks, I'll clean them up all nice and Tidy.

I just wanted to say that being nominated for GJOTM really touched my heart(More than you know and came at a Great time) and to be honest, their are more deserving souls @West Hippie @Carcass @Modest Grower... truly thank you to All that nominated and voted for me, or even just reaching Out and replying. Best Cannabis Community... RIGHT HERE!

Lights Off Pic, Mrs. Phayla Phoenix is So
big I couldn't get them all in the photo
fully. Poor ME! :laugh:

And the smaller tent just went lights off and grabbed a few pictures. I'm going to feed them and clean them up tonight(probably won't be much to remove, but worth a look) and will be there final Veg Day. Tomorrow night will be Day 51 and that's further than I like to go, but these were over shadowed a little from the bigger plants early on with me running them too far in one tent. A few days... <shrug> Not Important. It's looking (Alot) like Christmas to New Years... I Can Dig It. :green_heart:

They even get slightly droopy at 16/8 in
my experience... Due for a drink(feed) as well tonight. Keep Em' Green.

Your plants and journal are quite impressive! Congrats on the nomination.
Thank you So much Jon... I just want to show Home Growers that you CAN grow some of the best weed on the Planet. My son's friends just LOVED my dank that I gave him(some of my best) to go hang out with his out of town friends for a few days and they smoke nothing but top shelf. Always nice to hear it from younger folks that really don't know anything about Crappy Cannabis. My son told me that his buddy was enjoying all the kief dust clouds and licking his fingers. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside other folks enjoying my work. I've worked and helped bigger commercial grows, but my passion is definitely bringing awareness to the home front. Someone has to look out for the "little" guy.
Preciatcha' Checkin' out the Gurls... they don't mind the gazing upon their beauty! :blunt:

Thank you So much Jon... I just want to show Home Growers that you CAN grow some of the best weed on the Planet. My son's friends just LOVED my dank that I gave him(some of my best) to go hang out with his out of town friends for a few days and they smoke nothing but top shelf. Always nice to hear it from younger folks that really don't know anything about Crappy Cannabis. My son told me that his buddy was enjoying all the kief dust clouds and licking his fingers. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside other folks enjoying my work. I've worked and helped bigger commercial grows, but my passion is definitely bringing awareness to the home front. Someone has to look out for the "little" guy.
Preciatcha' Checkin' out the Gurls... they don't mind the gazing upon their beauty! :blunt:
I totally agree. I have several nieces and nephews of the generation after (ours? I'm 56), and some of them are starting to smoke now. They think dispensary weed is the greatest thing they will ever experience. Then I send them a bud of something I grew. Anything, my worst plant, doesn't matter, it ALWAYS destroys dispensary weed. They call me immediately. Like I opened a new door for them that they didn't know existed. And I'm not even on your level yet!!! But I can relate to the feeling, after all, it's pretty easy to grow weed that beats dispensary weed. It's far LESS easy to grow actual real medicine like we shoot for all the time.

I'm just in competition with myself really... and being self sufficient is SO important to me. Everyone should be growing their own product(or meds)... it's the NEW normal. I am truly blessed to be where I am today... I'm 43 and lately, I've been giving back to certain things in my life(that I'm passionate about) and I never have before so Change is inevitable and I welcome it. Keep making splashes here at 420 @Jon... Your tag is a deserving One. All the Best and... Keep Em' Green.

I'm just in competition with myself really... and being self sufficient is SO important to me. Everyone should be growing their own product(or meds)... it's the NEW normal. I am truly blessed to be where I am today... I'm 43 and lately, I've been giving back to certain things in my life(that I'm passionate about) and I never have before so Change is inevitable and I welcome it. Keep making splashes here at 420 @Jon... Your tag is a deserving One. All the Best and... Keep Em' Green.
Thanks for the kind words man. Respect. And I agree - my only competition is with myself. I use the dispensaries as a gauge to give me something to beat because that is where I'll be forced to spend money if I am unsuccessful. So I have that self sufficiency vibe in me, and honestly, I feel like every dime I spend at any dispensary is a dime I could be spending on something else. I went the other day to get my last quarter (to keep my impatient hands off my harvest that needs to cure another week, lol), and when I left I said I hope to not ever see you guys again and thanks and bye. Lmao.

Spectacular response. Thank you.

Update time... the small tent has been flipped for 3 full days and the Gorilla Lite is 6 days complete. Tonight will be the beginning of Day 4 and Day 7. All is well and getting SO big quickly. It's a jungle in the bigger tent, I may have to thin and cull some lower branches when they are finished stretching. The Phayla Phoenix is growing out of control, but should be fine since I'm working with a taller tent. The Kush Kayla pretty much Told me she didn't want 6 arms so she is a 4 Main plant(the two mains ended up being sucker branches... 4 Mains it is then). Other than that, same deal, just flattening some of the taller tops for an even canopy(minimal). All Good. Keep Em' Green. :volcano-smiley:

Kayla Kush
Hannah Herer
Phayla Phoenix... Hard to tell but she is
Talll!

Wendy P Wreck
Hannah Herer
Maggie Mozzarella

Higher humidity than normal with the Big West Coast
Cyclone storm. It's usually around 40%.

Slacker Central... Don't I KNOW IT!! Good thing it doesn't affect my plants and it's going crazy in the tents.

I fed the two Herer's 2 days ago, the other 4 plants are going to be fed toinight, which consists of Aloe/Yucca/Fish & Seaweed/ and Cane Sugar. Cane Sugar pours much easier than molasses and the EarthJuice products have yeast.. Molasses..etc So they get diversity. Normally I would give them a foliar spray, but the humidity lately is just too high and I've already seen a leaf or two with water forming and slight discoloration so drenches only lately. All good, healthy and hungry... I LIKE IT!!

I can't wait to thin these suckers out once the stretch stops around week 3. Especially the Gorilla Lite, just a jungle in there. Random thought... I think it's Awesome the two Herer gurls are on the same cycle... Yet in two different tents and 3 days difference between the tents flowering stage. Tonight will be the beginning of Day 15(Lite) and 12 for the Vivo. Pictures are from this morning Right before Lights... OUT! :volcano-smiley:

Wendy P Wreck
Hannah Herer (Not such a baby anymore, She's the
biggest now in this Tent)
Maggie Mozzarella
Snug fit.. Sounds Legit

Phayla Phoenix (Over 40" tall.. Something I'm
Not Used to)

Hannah Herer 32"
Kayla Kush 30 ish

Back
Top Bottom