The rain washed the mild dose of vinegar off so the plant has to be sprayed again.
I am trying the baking soda right now and if it does not work, I will try the vinegar again. Thank you SmokingWings

The Citric Acid mix is the way to go.
Where do I get this citric acid? If it does not go away, I will try it and thank you I am trying everything and putting all the knowledge in my toolbox hoping I too can help someone some time. This forum site is the best.

Where do I get this citric acid? If it does not go away, I will try it and thank you I am trying everything and putting all the knowledge in my toolbox hoping I too can help someone some time. This forum site is the best.
You had asked about getting rid of powdery mildew in another thread yesterday so some of my notes are there. I find Citric Acid in small bottles of about 6 to 8 oz by weight in the section of larger supermarkets where they have the canning supplies and jars. Even some smaller neighborhood markets might have it on the shelves since it is used in food preservation.

@InTheShed has the ratio of water and Citric Acid in metric but it you go to the msg in the link in the earlier msg and read the next 10 msgs or so there should be the conversion to the Imperial measurements as we use in the US.

You had asked about getting rid of powdery mildew in another thread yesterday so some of my notes are there. I find Citric Acid in small bottles of about 6 to 8 oz by weight in the section of larger supermarkets where they have the canning supplies and jars. Even some smaller neighborhood markets might have it on the shelves since it is used in food preservation.

@InTheShed has the ratio of water and Citric Acid in metric but it you go to the msg in the link in the earlier msg and read the next 10 msgs or so there should be the conversion to the Imperial measurements as we use in the US.
I do not know what msgs are

Sorry I should have paid better attention the first dozen times you posted it.
LOL!
If you have mold @InTheShed recommends a citric acid spray.
Possibly he could give a recommendation?
Hey Shed, I'll be joining the Shed club myself soon.
What do you mix in your spray for mold.
Grams and ml are much more precise than imperial, and all you need is a scale that measures in grams. Most measuring cups have ml, as do spray bottles!

Here's the recipe (scale up as necessary...I mix a gallon at time!):

5g food grade citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water, or 0.3ml per 500ml. I have since switched to yucca powder which is around 1/8 tsp/gallon.)

Mix well and spray, and make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch. Also, spray first thing in the morning before the sun is baking the leaves.

You can tell live PM from dead because live PM will wipe off with your finger (wash your hands after!). Dead PM looks similar but won't wipe off.

Just a note, this kills PM but doesn't prevent it so repeat as needed. The only thing that tends to prevent PM are oil sprays which I don't use in flower. In veg I usually just use neem to keep the PM down.

I do not know what msgs are
A single message is msg. 'msgs' is the abbreviation for messages.

The green line of letters and words is a link that is set up to go right to the msg with the info. While it does not show up in the link below the msg will be #88 (if I remember right).
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/thrips.512473/post-5519939

Another option is to put in a link to the thread where the msg can be found but then the reader has to go through the entire thread looking for the particular message. Since the message thread in that link was about Thrips I skipped all that and went right to the recipe.

LOL!

Grams and ml are much more precise than imperial, and all you need is a scale that measures in grams. Most measuring cups have ml, as do spray bottles!

Here's the recipe (scale up as necessary...I mix a gallon at time!):

5g food grade citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water, or 0.3ml per 500ml. I have since switched to yucca powder which is around 1/8 tsp/gallon.)

Mix well and spray, and make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch. Also, spray first thing in the morning before the sun is baking the leaves.

You can tell live PM from dead because live PM will wipe off with your finger (wash your hands after!). Dead PM looks similar but won't wipe off.

Just a note, this kills PM but doesn't prevent it so repeat as needed. The only thing that tends to prevent PM are oil sprays which I don't use in flower. In veg I usually just use neem to keep the PM down.
Thanks

I'm 63 and lived in the US my entire life. :) Doing percentage calculations are much easier in metric as long as you grew up learning base 10!

And every kitchen scale has grams on it. :thumb:
Yep. We had Metric in school decades ago and for the most part there was no need to know it. The last 30 years or so it became almost impossible to buy anything, except maybe gasoline at the pump, that did not have the metric amount listed on the bottle or box. More and more food recipes will have the ingredient amounts in metric. Some bread, cake and pastry baking groups use nothing but metric and often the flour and dry ingredients are weighed out in grams.

Then there is measuring by grain but I do not target or competitively shoot anymore.

Back to Metric and Imperial. If I can consistently get 5 grams of Citric Acid by measuring 1 and 1/4 teaspoons of the Citric Acid then I will use that same set of measuring spoons since they are easier to get out than going to the closet to get the box and taking out the scale.;)

But still a lot of US citizens who cannot get used to measuring in Metric.

Yep. We had Metric in school decades ago and for the most part there was no need to know it. The last 30 years or so it became almost impossible to buy anything, except maybe gasoline at the pump, that did not have the metric amount listed on the bottle or box. More and more food recipes will have the ingredient amounts in metric. Some bread, cake and pastry baking groups use nothing but metric and often the flour and dry ingredients are weighed out in grams.

Then there is measuring by grain but I do not target or competitively shoot anymore.

Back to Metric and Imperial. If I can consistently get 5 grams of Citric Acid by measuring 1 and 1/4 teaspoons of the Citric Acid then I will use that same set of measuring spoons since they are easier to get out than going to the closet to get the box and taking out the scale.;)

Thank You I finally got citric acid and a teaspoon works for me, I do not want to pull out my scale I used for reloading.

Metrix in school Ya back in the 70's

Back
Top Bottom