Thrips

Its a bio fungicide called aq 10
Looked it up. Not a lot of info on using it but the recommendation is that it will help farmers and vinyards keep Powdery Mildew under control. I did not find a website that said it will eliminate the problem; it helps to keep it from getting out of control. Drilling down a bit deeper in the links found in the web search there is mention that it might help with Powdery Mildew on Cannabis leaves.

The AQ-10 is made up from the spores of another fungus. The spores are in the product so it is a fungus being used as a fungicide to attack a mildew.

Looked it up. Not a lot of info on using it but the recommendation is that it will help farmers and vinyards keep Powdery Mildew under control. I did not find a website that said it will eliminate the problem; it helps to keep it from getting out of control. Drilling down a bit deeper in the links found in the web search there is mention that it might help with Powdery Mildew on Cannabis leaves.

The AQ-10 is made up from the spores of another fungus. The spores are in the product so it is a fungus being used as a fungicide to attack a mildew.
Yes the guy at the shop who supplied me with the attack pack for the thrips recommended it but at the moment having trouble buying it because I don't possess a pesticide applicator license, so trying to work around that at the moment and going to continue with the citric acid spray until I work that out but if anything I'm just getting everything in order to start preventive for my next grow.

... at the moment having trouble buying it because I don't possess a pesticide applicator license, ...
Are you in the US? I forgot about the Pesticide Applicators License which is a requirement in the US for using certain chemicals, etc. It involves a bit more than the basic training in applying them. The "aq 10" did look like some high level professional poison judging by the reading the warning labels that came up during my search.

If you know someone who works for a lawn service that applies fertilizer and weed killers they might be willing to let you use their license for getting the stuff ordered. Or you can order the study material from the agricultural division for your state and get certified yourself. The material can be ordered from the County Cooperative Extension. As far as I know every state has one for each county. Last time I got my certification the test was not all that hard.

Are you in the US? I forgot about the Pesticide Applicators License which is a requirement in the US for using certain chemicals, etc. It involves a bit more than the basic training in applying them. The "aq 10" did look like some high level professional poison judging by the reading the warning labels that came up during my search.

If you know someone who works for a lawn service that applies fertilizer and weed killers they might be willing to let you use their license for getting the stuff ordered. Or you can order the study material from the agricultural division for your state and get certified yourself. The material can be ordered from the County Cooperative Extension. As far as I know every state has one for each county. Last time I got my certification the test was not all that hard.
No I'm not in the US but it's the same here apparently, I have managed to get some bacteria fungicide called Bacillus amyloliquefaciens from a friend

Citric acid is so much easier and safer! I sprayed it on some new spots this morning:
20220315_082541 DV PM.jpg

I'll never worry about those leaves again.

For Powdery Mildew control is your mixture water and citric acid? Or, do you add anything else?
Citric acid and distilled water, with either dish soap or yucca extract as a surfactant:

5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(scale to the amount needed)

Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.

Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water (or .3ml per 500ml).

Do you spray infected areas only? Or, have you sprayed the entire plant?
I've done both, in veg and in flower.

Citric acid and distilled water, with either dish soap or yucca extract as a surfactant:

5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(scale to the amount needed)

Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.

Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water (or .3ml per 500ml).

I've done both, in veg and in flower.
Thank you. So many people want something to fight their cases of Powdery Mildew but seem afraid to try the 'diluted milk' or the 'vinegar & water' that I will have to add this to my list of combatants against the Mildew Horde.

It will not be hard to convert the water amount from Metric to the Imperial for the math challenged. The 5 gram is not a problem since most of us have a digital scale that can switch from oz to gram at the push of a little button. And what weed grower, whether serious for sale or personal use or someone growing as hobby does not have a pipette or know where to get one during normal business hours.;) (The size of the opening on the pipette will influence the size of the drop for just about any liquid based on a quick google search.)

I tried milk and also H2O2 in different dilutions and neither made any difference. With the citric acid spray I don't even worry when I see PM any more!
Hey man I've been spraying and it goes grey then it'll pop up more places? Some parts I think it's too late it on the small leaves and stuff dunno where to go from there, I bought a fogger to see if I can spray the citric acid more vigorous but still next day more mildew will be alive somewhere

Back
Top Bottom