Kuku's Soil Purple Kush First Grow PC Box Attempt

kukuena

Doctor prescribed me MMJ, now I have to learn to grow it.... FAT PROPS to DirtyDeem :cheer: and his Armoire stealth grow box.

Lots of great information here at 420, and this is what I have so far. Hope I can ask questions and utilize the experience evident here on this forum.

Wanted to get the first post up to start the thread, gonna upload pics now.

KuKuena

K, so:
NorCal Purple Kush
Miracle Grow
26 Watt 1750 Lumen Bulbs x4
(First bulbs were 1600 lumen 23 watts, just changed to new ones today)

Started with 3 seeds, now down to 2, hope to hell they are both female, but for a first time, I really don't care, just learning now before I build a grow room.

Total investment so far $67.00. Got the PC Server box from the trash at the university, they throw TONS of PC's away every week. All the fans came from inside the original server. Used a surge protector for the lights.

Looks kinda shabby right now, wait till I post the vid in a few mins before commenting. Hope you enjoy my Chameleon pic:icon_cool

DSCN2312.jpg
DSCN2309.jpg
DSCN2311.jpg
DSCN2287.jpg
DSCN2317.jpg
DSCN2283.jpg
DSCN2306.jpg
DSCN2293.jpg

no love? so sad. Anyway, gonna post next week, please give your thoughts. I've seen this effective, hope it works out

I'm :scratchinghead:.

Stealthy, and I like the technology, but your overall yield will be a quarter ounce at most in that little box, if you can even flower in there. Not quite sure of the point, unless you have no choice I suppose. I do however recognize the skillz and time you put into building it. My recommendation for a stealthy grow but in a bigger environment is under your bathroom vanity. May find it useful to be very close to a water source and if you really get sophisticated, you'll never have to water em manually. A simple drip system off of a refrigerator quick connect on the cold water line and you've got yourself a hydro setup.

I'm not saying this to discourage your efforts in any way. In fact, it may prove to be the best case scenario for you, but if you can expand it, you'll be better off.

My overall opinion :welldone: and :welcome: to 420!

Thanks Herbsnbuds! Never thought of the vanity, great idea. When I first started, it was on my balcony, too windy. And I didn't want to go off spending 100's on a tent, lights, and seeds only to fail. I saw a stealth PC grow forum with claims of yielding 1-3 ounces /shrug, but what do I know :p

I guess the point of this is to just learn the mechanics of growing before I invest any more money. SUCKS we don't have dispenceries here and I can't just go buy it . . .. 'legally'.

That is actually the perfect nursery for seedlings and clones. Start em of in there and then move em to a larger flowering area. This way you can always have a crop growing.

I'd keep it going man and see what you can yield. It also depends on the strain and the conditions but I've seen some 1 ounce (dry weight) SOG hydro setups that were that short, but you have to think about the light once these things get to fill the box. So top em after the first 3 nodes and then again, and again, and see what you can come up with.

Many growers succeed before they fail and thus a real learning experience was lost.

Thanks just trying to learn right now. Hmmm ok I see your point. Hydro scares me right now, maybe . . . fuck idk.... I'd rather learn a soil grow and fail then spend the money and regret it right now. Gonna make a bigger grow room after this and see from there.

You can build your own hydro setup for less than 30 bucks at The Home Depot if you really want, but it is harder to do for the first time. I'd say stick with soil for now, but you're gonna need more space before ya know it, especially when you start flowering.

Best of luck to you and I will follow your grow. :thumb:

your overall yield will be a quarter ounce at most in that little box, if you can even flower in there.

I saw a post somewhere around here where a member had produced 38g from a custom LED in a small space.

I saw a post somewhere around here where a member had produced 38g from a custom LED in a small space.

It can definitely be done, don't get me wrong, but the overall chances of a 38 gram (dry weight) yield in that little box is still slim. Just saying he's working with what he's got so that's a plus, but just to not waste too much effort on it.

Any space is better than no space at all! :winkyface:

Like I said, I didn't want to invest so much money upfront and be disappointed and this seemed like the best approach. Hope it works out. I won't need more then a 1/8th or a 1/4 a week with work and family. I just want to medicate before I sleep. I will learn from this and then move to a bigger project. Hope they are female!!!

EDIT::: ACCIDENTLY PUT IN ON PRIVATE INSTEAD OF UNLISTED . . . FIXED NOW!
Week 5
Over nuted once almost lost em, flushed the hell out of them and trimmed yellow leaves. Not growing very high. I think I bought the wrong CFL's, they were indoor light, not outdoor light, if that really matters? Anyway after filming this today I went back to the outdoor 23w CFL's. We'll see what happens over the next couple days with them. They seem to stop getting taller when I put the new bulbs in there, so going back to old ones. Starting to smell too, gonna have to get or make some filters.

Ya, for those that tried to watch the vid, I had it set on private instead of unlisted, its fixed now. Sorry about that.

Brown spots on the mid level leaves, and bright yellow on the bottoms. The tops were ok.

Man, they are LOVING the daylight cfl's, dumb mistake, won't make that one again.

I'm going to have to start to LST them soon, gonna pick up a shelf rack today and install this week.

2 purp doing great! Both females.:yahoo: I took them out of the PC box, I failed at LST'ing early on and they out grew the box. I'm still using it as veg/new seeds, working great!

I found 1 G13 seed in some bud, so I planted it, but looks like its a male.

Working on my new hydro box, I'm copying the super closet design. I think the size is plenty to cultivate enough medication for me on a continuous basis.

I took the vids down from my channel because I'm about to get partnered with youtube and didn't want them seeing those. I'll make a new channel just for growing vids soon.

Any opinions on the light for flower chamber? 600w HPS, chamber is 2.5x2.5x6f

DSCN23832.jpg

DSCN23822.jpg

DSCN23791.jpg

DSCN2380.jpg

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom