Land Race genetics?

I have been thinking about doing a documentary of "LANDRACE" sativas of NEPAL. The sativa that grows there are indigenous and have been around for hundreds of years. there are plots there that are almost impossible to hike to , so you know that they are original. satori is a wonderful strain.

Another thing to remember about Landrace genetics. Not all do well indoors. They are great for breeding projects but need a couple of generations to adapt to the lower light intensity indoors. The main thing they offer is that they are usually stable which makes breeding easier.
I'm sure others will disagree with me. This is only my opinion. Yes I still grow landraces. Most breeders have landraces they have been growing indoors for years. These will do fine indoors. Its the wild landrace seeds that take some time to adapt. Just something to keep in mind when picking seeds

Another thing to remember about Landrace genetics. Not all do well indoors. They are great for breeding projects but need a couple of generations to adapt to the lower light intensity indoors. The main thing they offer is that they are usually stable which makes breeding easier.
I'm sure others will disagree with me. This is only my opinion. Yes I still grow landraces. Most breeders have landraces they have been growing indoors for years. These will do fine indoors. Its the wild landrace seeds that take some time to adapt. Just something to keep in mind when picking seeds

I agree with you except I would say they take a few generations for the breeders to SELECT the seeds that do well indoors. It's probably more about choosing the indoor compatible phenotypes than causing the genetics to adapt.

Back
Top Bottom