Late stage yellow leaves & quote

Tedmarx38

The leaves on my 9th week autos started turning yellow and at first I freaked out. But then I remembered that this likely is them swiping nitro from the leaves. Nothing to worry about, am I right?

Inspired a quote that I came up with spontaneously although I assume millions of others created too:

“Not all problems have symptoms, and not all symptoms have problems.”

The leaves on my 9th week autos started turning yellow and at first I freaked out. But then I remembered that this likely is them swiping nitro from the leaves. Nothing to worry about, am I right?

Inspired a quote that I came up with spontaneously although I assume millions of others created too:

“Not all problems have symptoms, and not all symptoms have problems.”
At 9 weeks on an auto it wouldn't bother me at all - the bud will be what it is whatever you do at this stage

Believe what you will, but anytime my leaves are turning yellow, I have a problem. I prefer green and healthy plants, right up to the end.
Yeah I may have overdone the nutes. I may never use seaweed extract again and I added it at the last feeding as it’s supposed to help prevent heat stress. Each time I use it something bad happens.

Yeah I may have overdone the nutes. I may never use seaweed extract again and I added it at the last feeding as it’s supposed to help prevent heat stress. Each time I use it something bad happens.
Nitrogen shortages are common but can be minimized or eliminated. Other nutrient deficiencies can cause the colors in the leaves to turn a yellow color and eventually brown. We can accept any or all as the normal response to not enough nutrients, often when the plants are grown in containers.

Or we can try to figure out what is missing and why. Then on the next grow, if all goes right the plants are healthy throughout the final several weeks. We end up having a new normal with green all the way through to harvest.;) It will last until we push the plants or the soil or the soil-less method a bit more on a grow and we see a new challenge to solve.

I believe that unless a drastic mistake was made just having used Seaweed Extract on the previous watering would not cause a yellow leaf problem in a matter of days. Looking at one of the Mulder's Chart diagrams having too much Nitrogen would have caused the plant to not take up the Potassium; not the other way around.

Thanks, yeah not sure what I’ve done wrong but they’re healthier than the first grow at this stage. In the past couple of days the yellowish stuff actually seems to be turning more purple.

Nitrogen shortages are common but can be minimized or eliminated. Other nutrient deficiencies can cause the colors in the leaves to turn a yellow color and eventually brown. We can accept any or all as the normal response to not enough nutrients, often when the plants are grown in containers.

Or we can try to figure out what is missing and why. Then on the next grow, if all goes right the plants are healthy throughout the final several weeks. We end up having a new normal with green all the way through to harvest.;) It will last until we push the plants or the soil or the soil-less method a bit more on a grow and we see a new challenge to solve.

I believe that unless a drastic mistake was made just having used Seaweed Extract on the previous watering would not cause a yellow leaf problem in a matter of days. Looking at one of the Mulder's Chart diagrams having too much Nitrogen would have caused the plant to not take up the Potassium; not the other way around.
My plants look fantastic til about a week into flowering, then all goes to hell. I’m thinking it’s this spring water well’s purity (very low tds) and high ph, coupled with me trying to fix it. I’ve done lots of general gardening since 1990 including indoors but never faced a challenge like this obsession. I tend toward the minimalist approach yet it looks like too much tinkering’s what’s getting me. That said, my first two indoor plants looked like shit yet produced about two oz each and got the job done in the bowl.

My plants look fantastic til about a week into flowering, then all goes to hell.

that's exactly the point they make a turn and start asking for a different nute approach. you can see it in my grow right now.

i lollipop and leave some of the lower fans. when the plant starts to pull from them in flower i react and up the nutes a touch, and lean in to a pk booster a bit harder. if the issue moves higher up i know it's time to take more drastic action.

if you can keep ahead of it, great. if not, then you've got time to fix stuff if it shows without messing the whole grow up.

My plants look fantastic til about a week into flowering, then all goes to hell.
Up until that 1st week of flowering everything the plant needs is being supplied by the soil or by what is in the water in a hydro style grow.

Then about one week in the plant is switching over to flowering and the stretch starts and the flowers start to develop. All this extra growth going on and the plant still has the same root system and the same amount of leaves but the stems and growing tips have started to place more demands on the soil. I am going to call it soil and I believe the same sort of demands are placed on a hydro system.

The plant needs more water and more nutrients. All those new and developing flower buds are demanding nitrogen to grow the sugar leaves, the small occasional 3 blade leaf, the calyx and everything else on the plant that is green. Gotta give the plants a dose of Nitrogen every week and that might not be enough. Might need to go with a stronger dose and maybe every 4-5 days instead of once a week. If all goes well this might be enough to slow down the plant's taking of nitrogen from the larger and somewhat older fan leaves.

End result is it is easier to push the plant towards a better quality and better looking flower. The plant responds by showing that it needs other nutrients to maintain those nice looking buds because the extra Nitrogen is not enough. The plant wants other nutrients.

Every grow the plants are larger, faster growing and the flowering buds ever so much better. The plant will never reach max, it always wants more and it will reward the grower if it gets it.

It is a vicious cycle. Have fun finding what the plant wants and when when the plant wants it.

Believe what you will, but anytime my leaves are turning yellow, I have a problem. I prefer green and healthy plants, right up to the end.
Google "Senescence" I reallly like when my leaves turn black.

lol, google "strong and green until the end"... I like it when my plants end healthy.

i do too but they finish weaker.

i do too but they finish weaker.
I see nothing weaker about this bud that is close to being harvested. Healthy at the end allows the natural and complete expression of the genetics of whatever strain you are growing. Starvation and droughts can not produce what I am seeing here.
1649687910339.png

I see nothing weaker about this bud that is close to being harvested. Healthy at the end allows the natural and complete expression of the genetics of whatever strain you are growing. Starvation and droughts can not produce what I am seeing here.

i've always found anything with fall colours to be higher in thc, terpenes etc..
it seems a mild stress reaction.

you can help bring it in a bit with cooler evening temps at the end of flower as well. other than that it's just genetics. not every plant will develop and get deep fall senescence.

if you ever get the chance, go see what an outdoor jamaican harvest looks like. there's all sorts of colours, as well as strains that are bright green on every single leaf.

most outdoor grows here get colours but our climate pushes them to the limit.

Back
Top Bottom