Lazyfish Breeds Ultra Dogs

CO2 is heavier than air so you'd probably get even better results if you could seal the bottom off. I wonder if it would be possible to construct a gas chamber that you could put a plant into or encase around one of your plants? Thanks for sharing none the less! Will it work for all bugs or just the kind of mite you mentioned?
I would have to think any critter that breathes air could be killed this way imo! :)

Interesting. I have never had a problem with hemp mites. Broad mites and spider mites here. No CO2 setup here though. I wonder if dry ice would work? I have a light dep room set up in a small 6 x 8 x 8 store room in back of my garage. I could flood that with CO2 using dry ice. At a dollar a pound it is not very cost effective though. One pound of dry ice will only fill a volume of 8.3 cu ft., or 16.6 cu ft at a 50% saturation. So I would have to build a smaller Nazi Death Camp for Mites box. At a rate of 50%, CO2 gas is effective to even kill mite eggs. My plants are all in pots, and the largest is 5 feet tall by 3 feet wide. So a box 4 x 4 x 6 would require about 6 lb of dry ice. $6 per dose per plant, still not cost effective.

The above according to this abstract:

Note from the above that CO2 in higher concentrations can damage some types of plants with prolonged exposure.

I spray with H2O2 and that is effective against mites and its cheap. 88 cents per quart of 3% H2O2 is enough to make 4 gallons of spray (8 oz per gallon). That is enough spray to saturate all of my plants twice. H2O2 does not kill the eggs, but adding a non ionic soap spreader to the H2O2 spray will kill the eggs and any live mites on contact, and make the H2O2 more effective. No mites here. I spray on average about 2x per week. 88 cents a week. Cost effective.

I have to say that this Puppy strain is a temperamental plant... Half the time she acts like over/under watering,, and sometimes she doesn't do so well as to thinking she had root problems????? other times,,,she does great with cooler temps and grows really vibrantly.. All these factors might make her a mite magnet???????? GL with the CO2. I read abit about it.. Temps, CO2 and O attempt to kill the Son of Bitches..... It takes a dedicated spray regiment to exterminate these 'Borg'.. But it can be done... Don't reuse soils either........... Even after 5-6 months sitting.. I found acouple on mine... Trying this

I have to say that this Puppy strain is a temperamental plant... Half the time she acts like over/under watering,, and sometimes she doesn't do so well as to thinking she had root problems????? other times,,,she does great with cooler temps and grows really vibrantly.. All these factors might make her a mite magnet???????? GL with the CO2. I read abit about it.. Temps, CO2 and O attempt to kill the Son of Bitches..... It takes a dedicated spray regiment to exterminate these 'Borg'.. But it can be done... Don't reuse soils either........... Even after 5-6 months sitting.. I found acouple on mine... Trying this
when I had the puppy going it did all those things you said! :)

Shit that has a yeast enzyme in it along with afew of the littler oils. Called Big Time Exterminator? Or something... But also those bastards start in the lower center of a plant...

Yea @ilikemsticky she is all that... Plus afew other choice words and remarks,,, but when you get a dialed-in flip she works well...

But being the weaker plant in a grow,,,, I think the bastards are picking on her????????? She's always a lighter green and seems weak... Easy meal???? You seen Millers flip? He has a Pup included... @millertm

As far as I know it just works for hemp mites. I am sure it effects the other biota within the plant system, though

The above CO2 results I posted are for spider mites. Specifically twp spotted spider mites, the most common of the evil spider mites. If you have those, they look like they oversprayed your leaves with white paint leaving white spots on them. They are large and easy to see with a loupe. They move amazingly fast on plants. They also breed fast.

The 3 types of mites you are most apt to see on Cannabis are spider mites, hemp russet mites, and broad mites. Signs of hemp mites are drooping and "taco" leaves. Signs of broad mites are pinwheeling leaves.

CO2 is heavier than air so you'd probably get even better results if you could seal the bottom off. I wonder if it would be possible to construct a gas chamber that you could put a plant into or encase around one of your plants? Thanks for sharing none the less! Will it work for all bugs or just the kind of mite you mentioned?

I tried to do a better job of tying the bottoms off! Thanks!

Interesting. I have never had a problem with hemp mites. Broad mites and spider mites here. No CO2 setup here though. I wonder if dry ice would work? I have a light dep room set up in a small 6 x 8 x 8 store room in back of my garage. I could flood that with CO2 using dry ice. At a dollar a pound it is not very cost effective though. One pound of dry ice will only fill a volume of 8.3 cu ft., or 16.6 cu ft at a 50% saturation. So I would have to build a smaller Nazi Death Camp for Mites box. At a rate of 50%, CO2 gas is effective to even kill mite eggs. My plants are all in pots, and the largest is 5 feet tall by 3 feet wide. So a box 4 x 4 x 6 would require about 6 lb of dry ice. $6 per dose per plant, still not cost effective.

The above according to this abstract:

Note from the above that CO2 in higher concentrations can damage some types of plants with prolonged exposure.

I spray with H2O2 and that is effective against mites and its cheap. 88 cents per quart of 3% H2O2 is enough to make 4 gallons of spray (8 oz per gallon). That is enough spray to saturate all of my plants twice. H2O2 does not kill the eggs, but adding a non ionic soap spreader to the H2O2 spray will kill the eggs and any live mites on contact, and make the H2O2 more effective. No mites here. I spray on average about 2x per week. 88 cents a week. Cost effective.

The above CO2 results I posted are for spider mites. Specifically twp spotted spider mites, the most common of the evil spider mites. If you have those, they look like they oversprayed your leaves with white paint leaving white spots on them. They are large and easy to see with a loupe. They move amazingly fast on plants. They also breed fast.

The 3 types of mites you are most apt to see on Cannabis are spider mites, hemp russet mites, and broad mites. Signs of hemp mites are drooping and "taco" leaves. Signs of broad mites are pinwheeling leaves.

Hey thanks for the input. I think I am talking about broad mites.... The little grey suckers that you can barely see with a 30 x loupe. The CO2 does not seem to harm the cannabis plants at all. I see new growth after 2-4 days.

It seems to be working! Bad pics of the BD tonight. Maybe better ones tomorrow!

Purple Satellite is looking gorgeous.

Cheers,

Thanks! Ya and you know I just cant get them to look as pretty as they look in real life. I think I am going to have to find my dslr and do these girls some justice,

:lot-o-toke:

That's my experience with cameras too. They can never reproduce colors and hues or contrasts well.

LMK if you jump in a contest. I NEVER remember to vote and haven't done so in about 2 years or longer.

Back
Top Bottom