Leaf problems

Joey2122

420 Member
I am growing white alien OG it’s about five weeks old and I’m starting to have leaf problems Just on this one plant that I have leaf are very small I’m starting to see them curl and am water once week and it’s not from overwatering I don’t think. it in 3 gallon fabric pot I don’t know if I need to flush it or what to do with it Or just leave it alone and stop overthinking this I need some help would love some feedback to get this straightened out
r o water
nutrients that I’m using
lotus grow ,Bloom cal mag
soil that I’m using Foxfarm
temperature 75 humidity 41
Lights LED Mar- Hydro FC 3000
PH 5.8 to 6.0
Ppm 1200 or around 1000

F0A06398-D366-4905-9CB9-E89D7AC03719.jpeg

F137D63D-2202-406C-A18E-F98BC9FAE173.jpeg

01879C35-19FD-4360-B92B-6FBF5A9ED992.jpeg

I am growing white alien OG it’s about five weeks old and I’m starting to have leaf problems Just on this one plant that I have leaf are very small I’m starting to see them curl and am water once week and it’s not from overwatering I don’t think. it in 3 gallon fabric pot I don’t know if I need to flush it or what to do with it Or just leave it alone and stop overthinking this I need some help would love some feedback to get this straightened out
r o water
nutrients that I’m using
lotus grow ,Bloom cal mag
soil that I’m using Foxfarm
temperature 75 humidity 41
Lights LED Mar- Hydro FC 3000
PH 5.8 to 6.0
Ppm 1200 or around 1000
Hi Joey... lets see if I can help. Curious which FoxFarm soil you are using, but that choice isn't the issue, I don't believe. I haven't personally used your nutrient line, but I will assume for this discussion that you are using it in the amounts suggested... but the problem is that this line is not made for soil grows.

The problem as I initially see it is that you are using these hydroponic nutrients in a soil grow, while adjusting the pH to the hydro pH range as they suggest. The response of your plants looks to be a pH problem, where certain nutrients are not being made available to the plant only because they are locked out due to the pH being out of range. You are applying the stuff, but the plants aren't able to use it. I also have no idea if your ppm's are correct, because most soil growers do not measure ppm... they operate in ml or tablespoons per gallon so many soil growers do not even own or know how to use a ppm meter... but lets assume for the sake of discussion that you are using the correct amounts. The problem is that those nutes were designed to be used in a water based system, not soil, and at the pH range you are operating in, the expensive stuff isn't working the way it should. Your nutes are mostly immobile and unavailable to the plant in that soil, because of the pH and the range they were designed to operate in.

If you bought this Lotus system on your own, not knowing better, that can be easily understood. If you were advised by a hydro shop sales person to buy this expensive nutrient line, knowing all along that you were going to use it in soil, you got taken. Hydro shop people do this to soil growers all the time, all over the world, knowing that your first soil grow will likely fail, and then they can talk you into a lot more expensive equipment because by then you will be convinced to move out of soil and into hydroponic. Go give this person the evil look that they deserve, and get some soil based nutes... the Fox Farm trio instantly comes to mind, but there are many systems out there to choose from that would be more appropriate than this hydro stuff in soil. Make sure that you have a good liquid pH meter so you can make sure from then on, that every fluid hitting your soil is at exactly 6.3 pH, and things will start working the way they were designed.

I am using ocean forest and the nutrient line that I’m using I made the decision on my own I guess I didn’t know any better but I can stop using it if that’s the problem because I don’t wanna hurt my girls I want them and give me some good smoke

I am using ocean forest and the nutrient line that I’m using I made the decision on my own I guess I didn’t know any better but I can stop using it if that’s the problem because I don’t wanna hurt my girls I want them and give me some good smoke
That is very good soil, but if you don't do something different than what you are doing right now, you can't expect any better results. At a minimum, start adjusting your pH to 6.3, into the soil range, and see if that helps these nutes work any better.

In the meantime, let me suggest an alternate method... @GeoFlora Nutrients. This is an organic system that I use and it is super simple. They even offer a sample pack for the price of shipping, and as a sponsor, they have given members here on 420magazine a discount code for 15% off! EMGROW420

Emilya
Thank you for your help now I think I understand I actually requested a sample of this product that you requested so I’m going to give it a try thanks for your information and your help

May I suggest going to the Fox Farms web site and use their store locator to find a store near you that sells their products, and get some Fox Farms nutrients...

I use my tap water, and I don't PH anything in FFOF with the FF nutrients :thumb:

Here just a sample...and you can take a walk through my Garden to see more :yummy::yummy:

No I’m not running a humidifier I don’t even have them in a tent there are grown in my closet Thanks for your reply

I use fox farms ocean forest as well and General hydroponcs trio. I also have a measured 16 liters of water and syringes without needles to measure nutes. I have two pH pens. I don't measure ppm's although I could. I also use Cal mag, GH micro, GH grow, GH bloom, Liquid koolbloom, Diamond nectar, Flora blend and Flora nectar. I have a feed chart I follow. 6.3 is critical for a decent crop in soil. I add nutes in a specific order as listed above or one can get nutrient lockout. While my method may not be foolproof, It is working for me so will go with it.

Back
Top Bottom