Leaves are turning brown, spotted and curling upwards - Need help fast

Thanks for this as well. I am having a terrible problem with this lately myself. I seem to have got my veg plants under control and looking good again, but now it's happening to my flowering ladies and that's really gonna mess them up I think. I flushed as well before reading all of this, but I didn't de-clorinate the water, and didn't add any nutes after. I'll see what happens.

I also can't get rid of these damn fungus gnats -_-

Fanleaf's diatomaceous earth advice is good for the gnats, although it will mostly kill the live gnats/new larvae. If you can't kick them with the powdered earth.. try using Mosquito Bits. Google just that "Mosquito Bits", just sprinkle it on your soil, as well as the diatomaceous earth, and within no time, they will be completely gone! this grow also had a fungus gnat problem early, mosquito bits did the trick.

How's it going? Starting to look any better or at least the spreading stopped?

Yes yes yes yes yes!

The buds have been filling out, and everything seems to be back on track, although its obvious slowed growth had affected it.
The new Nutes have been TREMENDOUS in the rehabilitation of this guy.

Here's some progress pictures.

image18687.jpeg
image18686.jpeg
image18685.jpeg

now.. it looks pretty bad, but just know that after this original post i was thinking i'd have to scrap the plants and just start over with new soil and nutes. Most of the leaves are curled up and browned out completely, but where i am now, is a complete 180 and am ecstatic about it. Im thinking it'll be atleast 2 1/2 OZs which is mainly due to the slowed growth from the 2-3 week period.. but its better than if i had continued doing what i was, and allowed it to die.

I can't thank you enough fanleaf! :bravo:

I will be posting some finish photos come harvest :thumb:

Yes yes yes yes yes!

The buds have been filling out, and everything seems to be back on track, although its obvious slowed growth had affected it.
The new Nutes have been TREMENDOUS in the rehabilitation of this guy.

Here's some progress pictures.

image18687.jpeg
image18686.jpeg
image18685.jpeg

now.. it looks pretty bad, but just know that after this original post i was thinking i'd have to scrap the plants and just start over with new soil and nutes. Most of the leaves are curled up and browned out completely, but where i am now, is a complete 180 and am ecstatic about it. Im thinking it'll be atleast 2 1/2 OZs which is mainly due to the slowed growth from the 2-3 week period.. but its better than if i had continued doing what i was, and allowed it to die.

I can't thank you enough fanleaf! :bravo:

I will be posting some finish photos come harvest :thumb:
Fantastic. Yep, you still have plenty of green to get you through. The ones that are really crispy and solid brown are no longer contributing anything but shade. I wouldnt be affraid to take some snippers to the leafs that are fully spent. That will give the green ones more light to work with. Only the ones that are fully dead and crispy though.

I look forward to seeing the finish!.

Sent from my android from outer space!

872a6e5c6a42d8b523f40bf24351a844.jpg
haha I never have had that good of a vibe from people mentioning white widow as a good strain...Ilovegrowingweed.com was saying how easy of a strain it was for a beginner to grow well and was forgiving so I read that and thought might as well see how it does under my care. Lol white widow is a decent strain at best IMO. Same shit happened to me. It's just the worst off of my 5 others def not a strong strain genetically. Just wanted to say I feel your pain the same shit happened to my white widow x|

Oh gosh
I didnt realize you were using chlorinated water. I would have surely talked about that. I use the Sensi series. If you go to the Advanced nutrient site and click on their nutrient schedule and calculator its awesome.
If you go there and click the calculator and in the box select Sensi Grow. Then you enter your Reservoir size. For using soil or soiless like promix HP all you do is either in gallons to liters
The amount that you will be feeding the plant. Such as if you are mixing up 2 gallons of food for your plant just put in 15 liters or 2 gallons and it will tell you how much of each nutrient to add to the water. A long time ago I had taken some advice and tried to modify their nutrients schedule a little bit and I found the results quite amazing so I will tell you what I do. Usually with soil or soilless you give plain water in between feedings right? But instead go ahead and calculate your nutrient schedule and then cut the amount of nutrients in half. And then never give just water throughout your grow but instead you're feeding at half strength every time the plant dries out. I have found that with advanced nutrients that works amazingly well. Like I said the ones I use are the Sensi series and I'm not sure if that's the ones you got or not. But if you go to their schedule one more time and this time enter Sensi bloom then you can select your grower level depending on how many of their sets of nutrients you are using along with the base nutrients. I use the Grand Master Level. You will have absolutely fantastic results and never need to worry about your pH pen again once you start using them. If you have any questions at all about how to use that Nutrient calculator or four little tips and tricks with using their nutrients just ask anytime or send me a private message and I would be glad to help you out. There base nutrients and an add-on pack like you got is really not very expensive because it'll last you a long time. I will say though if you go with every level through the Grand Master Level like I do it does get expensive at that point but what a lot of people don't realize is if you buy the one liter bottles they last the entire grow for many many plants and honestly the headache that it saves makes them Priceless in my book.

Sent from my android from outer space!
Hi, sorry to reply in an old thread but this has been informative for me and I have a question if you get time- when I calculate the full line with 1 gallon units selected to measure per gallon, i'm getting measurements roughly 0.27 ml per gallon. Is that accurate and should I still be dividing that in half for optimal feeding as you stated as well? I've been looking for this answer myself, but nobody else is growing at this level that i've spoken to.

Back
Top Bottom