LED Bag Seed Closet Grow

Good morning 420mag, hope everyone is doing well! I apologize for not being very frequent with my updates, but not much other than plant size has been changing for me the past week or two!

Plant 1:
420-magazine-mobile1647716003.jpg
420-magazine-mobile837303070.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1585033326.jpg

Plant 2:
420-magazine-mobile1989895473.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2145559772.jpg

The girls have been 6 days without water so far after giving them both roughly 1/2 gallon a piece of ph'd water. I've been giving them haircuts pretty regularly; I'll be sure to take some before and after pics for my next update. The only other thing that has changed is the leaves are continuing to become a little more and more frosty as well as smelly. I'm not worried about the smell however as my girlfriend and I smoke in our house on a regular basis and it's just us here.

This may be a news question and I know a lot of the answer is based off of genetics but what is the avg time it takes for first pistil development/sex to show? I'm almost two weeks into flower and have seen nothing but stupid fast veg style growth. I'm gonna be patient with the girls and let them take all the time they need, I was just wondering if I should be expecting to see some major changes soon?

Everyone loves a puppy, especially one as interested in our meds as much as we are! Meet Luna, our baby guardian in training! . she wanted to join in on the bathroom photo shoot this morning lol
420-magazine-mobile1381948451.jpg
GrnThumbs, is it possibly you could zoom in to the nodes of the plant? They look amazing, no doubt, but I believe I have some bad news for you.. Will confirm after zoom in.

I've now done it twice. I used GH Florakleen. With that I added to water and watered until run off and then did nothing until she dried out and resumed normal schedule. FF suggest flushing every 2 weeks, seems to be okay for me. My problem now is getting enough P. Check my journal for pics.
Nice I will flush mine, maybe the grow will speed up

GrnThumbs, is it possibly you could zoom in to the nodes of the plant? They look amazing, no doubt, but I believe I have some bad news for you.. Will confirm after zoom in.

Can you be more specific as to what you need to see? Like the top new growth or the side growths?

I've now done it twice. I used GH Florakleen. With that I added to water and watered until run off and then did nothing until she dried out and resumed normal schedule. FF suggest flushing every 2 weeks, seems to be okay for me. My problem now is getting enough P. Check my journal for pics.

I'll give mine a good flush on the next watering either today or tomorrow. Thanks for the tip! I'll keep it updated as to how that helps.

Can you be more specific as to what you need to see? Like the top new growth or the side growths?
I just need to see about 2 nodes from the top where the growth at the stem is. Just zoom in, should look a bit like this
420-magazine-mobile283041606.jpg

I just need to see about 2 nodes from the top where the growth at the stem is. Just zoom in, should look a bit like this
420-magazine-mobile283041606.jpg

Do you need to see both plants or one in particular? I was able to get some clear pics of plant two up close but my phones camera wouldn't focus for plant 1. But if I need to be more persistent with the camera I will lol.

Here's plant 2's close up:
420-magazine-mobile544648905.jpg
420-magazine-mobile417799579.jpg

Do you need to see both plants or one in particular? I was able to get some clear pics of plant two up close but my phones camera wouldn't focus for plant 1. But if I need to be more persistent with the camera I will lol.

Here's plant 2's close up:
420-magazine-mobile544648905.jpg
420-magazine-mobile417799579.jpg
Plant 2 is definitely a female c:

I'd really like to see plant 1 now though. The symmetry in the nodes concerns me a little bit. I'm still a noob of course - but look right behind the little spikes on plant 2 in the picture, you see those small little calyx' with the 2 hairs coming out? A beautiful and lovely sign. If plant 1 has the same, you're all good to go, but I'd still like to see.

Plant 2 is definitely a female c:

I'd really like to see plant 1 now though. The symmetry in the nodes concerns me a little bit. I'm still a noob of course - but look right behind the little spikes on plant 2 in the picture, you see those small little calyx' with the 2 hairs coming out? A beautiful and lovely sign. If plant 1 has the same, you're all good to go, but I'd still like to see.

420-magazine-mobile95913107.jpg

That's the best image I could get without pulling her out again and struggling with the focus. I agree with you on the symmetry; however, the node pictured on plant 2 is the only node with the little hairs showing and they just came in this morning! Plant one isn't showing any signs of any preflowers at all anywhere but I'm definitely gonna keep a closer eye on her now that you've brought that to my attention .

420-magazine-mobile95913107.jpg

That's the best image I could get without pulling her out again and struggling with the focus. I agree with you on the symmetry; however, the node pictured on plant 2 is the only node with the little hairs showing and they just came in this morning! Plant one isn't showing any signs of any preflowers at all anywhere but I'm definitely gonna keep a closer eye on her now that you've brought that to my attention .
I hope both of them are fem, it did take my girl 2 weeks from flip before sexing as well, however, I am certain with the large profile of your plants, that you're going to run into the issue of not having enough light! BTW how large exactly is the footprint of your canopy? Your girls appear monstrous!

I hope both of them are fem, it did take my girl 2 weeks from flip before sexing as well, however, I am certain with the large profile of your plants, that you're going to run into the issue of not having enough light! BTW how large exactly is the footprint of your canopy? Your girls appear monstrous!

They're about 1.5 sq ft around. I'm not tying anything down as to try and keep them under the lights better. If I have to add more lighting later it'll most likely be all CFL but im not really sure how I would hang them.

What's up everyone? Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!

I was able to do the flush on my girls today. I have them both roughly a gallon of water ph'd to 6.7-6.9. I still haven't had any signs of sex on plant 1 and plant 2's little white hairs have become really visible now so she is 100% a female! WOOHOO! Anyhow, upon watering today plant 1 drooped extremely hard, harder than normal..I hope I didn't do any serious damage but I'll be sure to let her dry out really well before the next watering. It had been 8 days since the last watering and they both went 7 or 8 before that! Other than the drooping with watering today both girls are doing well and are growing steadily!

Plant 1:
420-magazine-mobile1313082516.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1637371886.jpg

Plant 2:
420-magazine-mobile170674269.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1485936731.jpg

Thanks y'all! Yeah plant 1 drooped harder this time than ever before but I'm sure she will recover. I'm not too worried as I put my last grow through hell lol my dog got into the closet and ripped him up (ended up being male anyways) and I had to rescue it. I'm grateful for the experience he gave me tho cause I wouldn't have been able to make these girls look the way they do without that first go round!

They're resilient for sure. As a matter of fact the last plant I have standing from my 5bean start was the one I broke in half trying to do LST lol.

You just accidentally supercropped her that's all! Just another form of training! Hortishorti used that method on her girl she has flowering right now. She's using LST on a clone I believe.

The droop on plant 1 is gonna and boy did they enjoy the heavy drink it seems like! They've added about another half inch to an inch in height, the fan leaves are filling back in the spaces from the last defoliation, and the stems are extremely tough! I've had them in front of an oscillating fan on high pretty much the entire grow and it's paid off now. They won't hardly bend at all and are almost a pencil's width thick just below the top node (just a guesstimate measures for any and all size/growth numbers).

Plant 2 has popped a few more hairs on some different nodes for even more confirmation that she's a female! I think I can see a tiny little hair trying to pop on one node on Plant 1 but I can't say for sure or get a clear picture to put on here for a second opinion. I'll just keep on keeping an eye on her particularly and proceed with whatever needs to be done.

Back
Top Bottom