LED Bag Seed Closet Grow

Also FWIW I used binder clips to clamp to my pot, and hook twist ties between the handle loop and the plants... Dollar tree .

I could see where this would work better than tape in some cases. Like when a branch is a little too far away from the edge once it's bent into position, I had to tie two twist ties together to reach even though it was maybe a 1/4 inch away and if I'd used the clips it would've reached! Oh well lol good tip tho! I never would've thought to use those .

I also adjusted my timer to add an extra hour of darkness for the next few days to try and encourage them to stretch a little and reach out of the pots!

What's up everyone? Hope you are all doing well!

So after a few days of watching the girls in their new homes and changing the lights to add another hour of darkness, the girls have done exactly what I wanted! They've been growing about a half inch give or take every day! The leaves are also starting to get a little bit of frost on them!

Plant 1:
420-magazine-mobile1732402323.jpg

She's standing about 4 inches taller than the brim of the pot at her highest point..the canopy isn't perfectly even but it's pretty close!
Here's an up-close picture of one of the frosty growths.
420-magazine-mobile1310247319.jpg

Plant 2:
420-magazine-mobile1859455660.jpg

She's standing about 2-3 inches above the brim of the pot at her highest point. She also has a lot more of an even canopy and a lot more side branches growing nice and evenly! She's also getting a little frost, here's a picture of one of her growths.
420-magazine-mobile2118725473.jpg

All in all I think they're doing really well! I haven't had to water them since the transplant yet; however, I like to make sure they get good and dry before the first water after a transplant. I also noticed a few leaves that had burnt tips so even at 1/4 strength the nutes were a little too much for her to handle.

I've also been defoliating every few days or so to try and keep the new growth booming and reaching towards the sky! I plan to make the flip to 12/12 tomorrow. My question is should I start them with 12 hours of darkness or 12 hours of light? As in change the light to give them 12 hours of dark tonight instead of the normal 7. Either way tomorrow marks the big day for my beautiful little ladies! .

They look amazing. What an awesome canopy! You're gonna have so many great budsites, I bet the stem must look like a tree trunk. Don't worry about the nute burn too much, you did just transplant into a pretty "hot" soil so give her some regular waterings with maybe some microbe tea :)

I think I'm gonna start training my outdoor clones to look like that while we still have a little over 14hr~ sunlight haha
420-magazine-mobile495417094.jpg

Where would you start with this one?

Whenever I start LST I always start with topping my girl and then I tie her over to one side by the main stem and let her grow. As the other arms start reaching out you tie them down asap. At one point before transplant i think I have 8 or 9 ties on each plant holding them down in different places..I accidentally supercropped one branch on one of my girls yesterday lol but she should be fine!

Sorry for the drawn out response, my phone didn't notify me of any activity on my journal!

420-magazine-mobile555174851.jpg
this is from way earlier in the grow but it's the best I've got to show you the LST I did on my girls. You can see from the start of LST I tried to make sure they stated even so that as they grew they would remain even

Good morning 420mag, hope everyone is doing well! I apologize for not being very frequent with my updates, but not much other than plant size has been changing for me the past week or two!

Plant 1:
420-magazine-mobile1647716003.jpg
420-magazine-mobile837303070.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1585033326.jpg

Plant 2:
420-magazine-mobile1989895473.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2145559772.jpg

The girls have been 6 days without water so far after giving them both roughly 1/2 gallon a piece of ph'd water. I've been giving them haircuts pretty regularly; I'll be sure to take some before and after pics for my next update. The only other thing that has changed is the leaves are continuing to become a little more and more frosty as well as smelly. I'm not worried about the smell however as my girlfriend and I smoke in our house on a regular basis and it's just us here.

This may be a news question and I know a lot of the answer is based off of genetics but what is the avg time it takes for first pistil development/sex to show? I'm almost two weeks into flower and have seen nothing but stupid fast veg style growth. I'm gonna be patient with the girls and let them take all the time they need, I was just wondering if I should be expecting to see some major changes soon?

Everyone loves a puppy, especially one as interested in our meds as much as we are! Meet Luna, our baby guardian in training! . she wanted to join in on the bathroom photo shoot this morning lol
420-magazine-mobile1381948451.jpg

Good morning 420mag, hope everyone is doing well! I apologize for not being very frequent with my updates, but not much other than plant size has been changing for me the past week or two!

Plant 1:
420-magazine-mobile1647716003.jpg
420-magazine-mobile837303070.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1585033326.jpg

Plant 2:
420-magazine-mobile1989895473.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2145559772.jpg

The girls have been 6 days without water so far after giving them both roughly 1/2 gallon a piece of ph'd water. I've been giving them haircuts pretty regularly; I'll be sure to take some before and after pics for my next update. The only other thing that has changed is the leaves are continuing to become a little more and more frosty as well as smelly. I'm not worried about the smell however as my girlfriend and I smoke in our house on a regular basis and it's just us here.

This may be a news question and I know a lot of the answer is based off of genetics but what is the avg time it takes for first pistil development/sex to show? I'm almost two weeks into flower and have seen nothing but stupid fast veg style growth. I'm gonna be patient with the girls and let them take all the time they need, I was just wondering if I should be expecting to see some major changes soon?

Everyone loves a puppy, especially one as interested in our meds as much as we are! Meet Luna, our baby guardian in training! . she wanted to join in on the bathroom photo shoot this morning lol
420-magazine-mobile1381948451.jpg
Soon enough young grasshoppa lol.. mine took about two months vegging under 18/6 before it took her cloths off

These girls vegged for 6 or 7 weeks and are now 2 weeks into flower. They aren't taking up half the water I was expecting them too lol it's making me get kinda lazy not having to do much!

That middle plant looks like she's rocking out! She looks real good and has an awesome structure from what I can tell! Are the smaller ones other clones you've already taken?

I've thought about taking clones but I don't have the resources or funds to get them to keep clones alive and healthy the way I want them to be. If I'm gonna do it I wanna do it right to the best of my ability! I also don't think I'll be setting up another grow after this one for a while due to a major location change in 6ish months. I don't wanna risk having to move plants on top of curing buds, all my equipment (not only for growing but smoking too), etc so I'm just gonna wait to restart at the new home lol

Yeah the middle one was a bagseed I started on the window ledge lol.. it looked like this
420-magazine-mobile170944240.jpg
I lst her ass a bunch.. btw i got her before I had lights and any equipment lol. And the only thing that worries me is the smoke.. it was bagseed I hope it smokes ok lol

Damn you did some work to save that girl! And both of my girls are bagseeds. I have no clue what strain or any of the above but they've done well for me. I'll be happy smoking anything I grew myself considering it's my first grow to harvest but don't get me wrong, I'd love to have some killer stuff! It came from some decent stuff but it didn't seem like it was cured right (it was kinda harsh so I think it was fast dried and cured) so I'm hoping that my harvest will be a lot smoother and tastier lol

What kind of soil is she in? And are the smaller ones a hydro setup? I'm not familiar with hydro very much but I see the rocks down in there lol the soil from the old pic of the middle girl doesn't look too good for cannabis growing is why I ask. The soil in her pot in the pic with all 5 girls looks good tho

Back
Top Bottom