LED Bag Seed Closet Grow

So far I've got a pretty even canopy. They were a little droopy today cause they needed water but I gave em a good drink an hour or two ago. They always seem to droop really bad right after watering for a few hours but by the next day they're back to normal..has anyone else experienced this? Or am I doing something wrong when I water lol I mean watering is pretty simple until you start adding nutes
In my experience, I've only ever experienced substantial droop when my plant was nearing rootbound. Good thing you have more soil coming!

Finally got my nutrients in about an hour or two ago thank the lord lol and I'm expecting more soil tomorrow or Saturday so I'll be set to finish this grow out without having to order anymore supplies . I also don't think I'm gonna be able to do the fabric pots as I haven't found them in stores and my girls are doing fine in the normal pots anyways
I'm glad to hear your nutes came in! Can't wait to see them start going off.

Don't worry about the fan leaf, trust me, it will grow many many more! As for better training? Everyone will tell you different things. I myself gave up on LST and employed the technique of quite literally snapping branches nearly in half - this is what I've ended up with so far
420-magazine-mobile1066527820.jpg

But not everyone likes high stress training :) the method I use is called supercropping if you'd like to research it.

Beauty plant! I'm currently researching HST and will be trying some things with my clones if they takeI'll be reading your stuff .

You can absolutely defoliate! Your plants are looking very vibrant and I'm almost certain they'll recover immediately. Make sure that you're only removing foliage blocking nodal/internodal growth shoots.

I really want to remove fan leaves too! Thanks for this post;)

I've been defoliating fairly often and have had no ill effects. Just be careful when you pluck them not to damage the the new growth or the main stock and you'll be good to go

Yes, I've seen! Yours are looking good! Do you snip them right at the base? I hate to do it, they are so beautiful but that new growth is getting stunted without light. Do you have 2 x 300 LED lights or just one?

Yes, I've seen! Yours are looking good! Do you snip them right at the base? I hate to do it, they are so beautiful but that new growth is getting stunted without light. Do you have 2 x 300 LED lights or just one?

It's 2x300watt LED's and I use my fingernails and get right at the base and just kinda gently push my thumb nail through the base of the leaf I'm taking and clip it off. The goal is to do as little damage as possible and still remove the entire stem of the leaf. Are you gonna be using clippers or doing it by hand?

It's 2x300watt LED's and I use my fingernails and get right at the base and just kinda gently push my thumb nail through the base of the leaf I'm taking and clip it off. The goal is to do as little damage as possible and still remove the entire stem of the leaf. Are you gonna be using clippers or doing it by hand?

I think I'm going to use my pruning shears. Im wondering if I should let them acclimate in their new environment first before cutting or just go for it? I probably stressed them from the clones I clipped last night

I think I'm going to use my pruning shears. Im wondering if I should let them acclimate in their new environment first before cutting or just go for it? I probably stressed them from the clones I clipped last night

If you just took clones I would give them a few days just to be safe

Thanks, I was thinking that too

I'd suggest doing what you're comfortable doing :) These are very resilient plants, I took my clones the same day as defol - plant became much more aggressive afterwards. In terms of defoliation, I pretty much skinned my plant a week ago and it's already re-leafed itself.

I was comfortable doing what I did to my plant because my research has given me the idea that under optimal conditions, growth removal lightens the load on the roots, allowing the plant to focus more on rebuilding itself. This was apparent to me with my clones as well, removing leafs helped balance intake/aspiration. Remember, although leafs are solar panels, they're also storage spaces that require plant energy to sustain them. When growing indoors, you're in control of the nutrients, you can optimize the environment - but because our lights are not as powerful as the sun, we must employ strategies to optimize light distribution(LST, HST, SCROG, etc). Be strategic in your defoliation, don't remove leaves that aren't blocking bud sites. I doubt your plants will stress, and you'll really love the results of all that yummy light being taken by the nugs :)

The soil I've been waiting on finally arrived! Now I gotta go get some perlite and 3 gallon pots for my girls and they'll be good to go! I'll update again later tonight after the transplant

I'd suggest doing what you're comfortable doing :) These are very resilient plants, I took my clones the same day as defol - plant became much more aggressive afterwards. In terms of defoliation, I pretty much skinned my plant a week ago and it's already re-leafed itself.

I was comfortable doing what I did to my plant because my research has given me the idea that under optimal conditions, growth removal lightens the load on the roots, allowing the plant to focus more on rebuilding itself. This was apparent to me with my clones as well, removing leafs helped balance intake/aspiration. Remember, although leafs are solar panels, they're also storage spaces that require plant energy to sustain them. When growing indoors, you're in control of the nutrients, you can optimize the environment - but because our lights are not as powerful as the sun, we must employ strategies to optimize light distribution(LST, HST, SCROG, etc). Be strategic in your defoliation, don't remove leaves that aren't blocking bud sites. I doubt your plants will stress, and you'll really love the results of all that yummy light being taken by the nugs :)

Thanks! I needed to hear this. I removed leaves then read a lot of opposition and was feeling remorse last night. They look good today and there's a few more I'm going to take. This position on fan leaf cutting is brilliant and makes perfect sense to me as a gardener

Thanks! I needed to hear this. I removed leaves then read a lot of opposition and was feeling remorse last night. They look good today and there's a few more I'm going to take. This position on fan leaf cutting is brilliant and makes perfect sense to me as a gardener
I'm glad to have helped ease your mind, Newty :) just watch your plants, they'll give you signs as to what they need. Yeah I read a lot of opposition on it as well, but the cases exampled in their reasoning were primarily outdoors; whereas tons of evidence exists in favor of defoliation indoors. There's some truth on both sides.

I'll be watching your grow and cheering you on, can't wait to see your plants in 3-4 days :)

I'm glad to have helped ease your mind, Newty :) just watch your plants, they'll give you signs as to what they need. Yeah I read a lot of opposition on it as well, but the cases exampled in their reasoning were primarily outdoors; whereas tons of evidence exists in favor of defoliation indoors. There's some truth on both sides.

I'll be watching your grow and cheering you on, can't wait to see your plants in 3-4 days :)

I went with my gut which is what I usually do;)

So I told y'all I'd update again later with pics but.....me being me, I didn't order enough soil and the local stores don't carry anything worth a shit so now I gotta order more and play the waiting game again . luckily I have nutrients to help the girls hold up once they've really tapped the soil they're in now out

So I told y'all I'd update again later with pics but.....me being me, I didn't order enough soil and the local stores don't carry anything worth a shit so now I gotta order more and play the waiting game again . luckily I have nutrients to help the girls hold up once they've really tapped the soil they're in now out

Cant add more perlite to the mix? Some people love using a bunch of perlite lol. What about vermiculite or coco or something? Crushed lava rock lol

I've been busy today but I just sat down and figured it out and I'm about 4 quarts short on media so I'm gonna add either 4 quarts of perlite or vermiculite. Ive already added 8 quarts of perlite to 12 quarts of soil. I didn't do any math before ordering soil and should've known that I couldn't get away with just the soil I ordered. Should I go with more perlite or should I get peat moss, vermiculite, or coco? I believe I have access to all of those alternatives

I've been busy today but I just sat down and figured it out and I'm about 4 quarts short on media so I'm gonna add either 4 quarts of perlite or vermiculite. Ive already added 8 quarts of perlite to 12 quarts of soil. I didn't do any math before ordering soil and should've known that I couldn't get away with just the soil I ordered. Should I go with more perlite or should I get peat moss, vermiculite, or coco? I believe I have access to all of those alternatives

Adding the peat moss wouldnt be terrible imo... that or 50/50 peat moss perlite. Yeah 12 quarts of soil doesnt go far its why soil online has never been an option for me just lucky I have a decent brand local to me lol and thats the only decent brand at that if that disappeared id be screwed.

Back
Top Bottom