LED Bag Seed Closet Grow

What's up everyone? I've discovered a strange tendency in my closet..at night 12:00 AM - 6:00 AM temps are reaching a higher temp than when the light is on? It doesn't make any sense at all. With the light on the max temp this week has been around 81..the past few nights I've checked the max temp to find it has reached 86.2 F. What could be causing this? And how can I combat it? It's annoying knowing that I've solved my heat problem with the light on but it's still getting too hot (for flower at least) during the dark?

What's up everyone? I've discovered a strange tendency in my closet..at night 12:00 AM - 6:00 AM temps are reaching a higher temp than when the light is on? It doesn't make any sense at all. With the light on the max temp this week has been around 81..the past few nights I've checked the max temp to find it has reached 86.2 F. What could be causing this? And how can I combat it? It's annoying knowing that I've solved my heat problem with the light on but it's still getting too hot (for flower at least) during the dark?
Having higher Temps during lights off causes issues with what is called the "dif" - it can directly impact development.

Do you maintain ventilation during lights off period?

Having higher Temps during lights off causes issues with what is called the "dif" - it can directly impact development.

Do you maintain ventilation during lights off period?

The same as when lights are on..it's really and truly not much of an intake or outtake as much as an open closet door into a bedroom that stays completely dark..there's an oscillating fan even with the light that blows across the top of the canopy, on the light, and out the door

The same as when lights are on..it's really and truly not much of an intake or outtake as much as an open closet door into a bedroom that stays completely dark..there's an oscillating fan even with the light that blows across the top of the canopy, on the light, and out the door
I really don't understand how Temps get higher during this period :eek: that's very odd. It may have been a freak occurrence, definitely investigate further.

I really don't understand how Temps get higher during this period :eek: that's very odd. It may have been a freak occurrence, definitely investigate further.

I've never ran into this before and it's concerning because of how smoothly this grow has been going so far. The thought of dif possibly causing problems is very unfortunate

I've never ran into this before and it's concerning because of how smoothly this grow has been going so far. The thought of dif possibly causing problems is very unfortunate
Luckily from what I see your babies are incredibly healthy :)

Luckily from what I see your babies are incredibly healthy :)

They are for now! I may put up some pics later but the LST is already starting to do it's job. Some of the lower arms are curving up to the top of plant and sitting nice and evenly on the top. I also looked into SCROG and I'm probably going to incorporate this into this grow if I have the room. I plan to add another LED in the next 2-3 weeks (also when I want to start flower but not a must) and plan to order FF Trio unless someone can recommend something as good for a better price? All about a budget over here lol and last of all I'm gonna get a 3x3x6 or 4x3x6 tent depending on price and what not as with everything else.

They are for now! I may put up some pics later but the LST is already starting to do it's job. Some of the lower arms are curving up to the top of plant and sitting nice and evenly on the top. I also looked into SCROG and I'm probably going to incorporate this into this grow if I have the room. I plan to add another LED in the next 2-3 weeks (also when I want to start flower but not a must) and plan to order FF Trio unless someone can recommend something as good for a better price? All about a budget over here lol and last of all I'm gonna get a 3x3x6 or 4x3x6 tent depending on price and what not as with everything else.

I use dyna gro personally myself with fine results... fox farms works fine too though that was my runner up... but I had emailed dyna gro asking for samples and they offered a solution preview pack for 29$ for (US only) came with 1 32oz bloom, 1 32oz protekt, 1 32oz foliage pro, 1 32oz magpro, and an 8oz K-L-N... pretty good deal if you are in the states considering it comes with so much but everyone uses and recommends something different I'm just giving you another budget friendly option to look into if possible.

As for the temp issue.... I don't see how the temps would raise like that unless you accidentally have the lights set to turn on in the middle of the night by mistake... idk what else would just raise temps by 10 degrees in just that closet during night. You do have A/C vents blowing air into the room right?

I tried emailing them but to no avail..im gonna pm you about it tho cause I would absolutely love to get that deal.

And for the temps, everything is the same as when the lights are on..including the temp of the entire house. I'm gonna double check and make sure my light settings are still set properly but I'm pretty sure they are. I have a new pup so I've been up throughout the night with her and haven't noticed it being on

Okay so I don't have enough permissions to pm? It said to contact admin. but Idk how to do that? Any help? Lol

Okay so I don't have enough permissions to pm? It said to contact admin. but Idk how to do that? Any help? Lol

Been there done that lol gotta hit 50 posts first. First post in I was informed my name Death violated guidelines and I needed to give them a replacement or it would be selected for me... had to end up following the mod around on threads lol.

Ah looks like unit farms is out of stock again... their ratchet hangers work great... next best alternative is eBay though... you can get them for a couple bucks with shipping and they are the same thing.

Been there done that lol gotta hit 50 posts first. First post in I was informed my name Death violated guidelines and I needed to give them a replacement or it would be selected for me... had to end up following the mod around on threads lol.

Ah looks like unit farms is out of stock again... their ratchet hangers work great... next best alternative is eBay though... you can get them for a couple bucks with shipping and they are the same thing.

This will make my 50th post so I'm gonna pm you about the dyna-gro stuff. And yeah I figured I'd just throw the link out there for anyone that happened to stumble into my journal lol I'm debating on trying to get another pair from them for free with a different email/card but idk lol either way like you said, they're cheap as hell to begin with.

You should be able to now lol that's strange... but I'll post a copy of the email they sent me in your journal so you have their contact info.

We are happy to provide new customers with samples, free of charge except for a nominal shipping/handling charge of $29.76. (This offer is available for shipping addresses in the USA only.)

The solutions preview pack contains the following items:

1 qt. Fol-Pro.
1 qt. Pro-TeKt.
1 qt. Bloom.
1qt. Mag-Pro.
8oz. KLN

With this array of products you will be able to properly perform trials for Propagation, Additive, and Nutrient situations.
Just give us a call at 800-396-2476 with your payment and delivery information.

Happy growing,

Elizabeth Turner

DYNA-GRO

2775 Giant Rd

Richmond, CA 94806

ph (800) 396-2476

fx (510) 233-0198

customerservice@dyna-gro.com

Dyna-Gro – Plant Nutrition Simplified

Here's what I had first sent to them when inquiring by the way.

Hello.
I am currently looking into switching to your products and I was wondering if you have any free samples I could try.
I am looking for a new soil based nutrient line, supplements, hormones, and additives as well as cloning solutions and grow media. With the cost of nutrients being what it is, I prefer to do as much research as possible before using your line for all my plants. Please let me know if there are shipping or handling charges involved.

Just a quick question, but considering I started LST two days ago and have some nodes stretching upwards am I safe to take some fan leaves off to expose the lower nodes to more light? Or will I just slow down growth even more since topping? If I need to upload pics I can just lmk

You can, I personally don't really do much defoliation in veg as I don't see really any point as the leaves aren't shadowing buds or anything just other vegetation. I just prefer to tuck and tie in those instances... but again everyone is different some people love plucking 80% of the leaves off to let light in. I'm completely different lol I wait until 12/12 even though I know most recommend against it or being careful as every plants different... but I definitely like to take the bulk of the larger fan leaves that will shadow buds during the first two weeks of flip... then as flower gradually goes on I'll pluck a couple here and there that are shadowing buds until I'm satisfied... then come late flower I chop all the larger fan leaves and just keep the smaller ones lol... then come the last couple days I'm going to start trimming those too.. makes harvest easy as hell compared to having to hold those buds up and constantly clip hundreds of stems.

Just experiment with different things and find what you and your specific strains like best.

I'm gonna post some pics of the what I was thinking about plucking to see what you think..they're in a spot where I can't really tie them out of the way

The only big fan leaf in the pciture
420-magazine-mobile830880783.jpg

The leaf I'm pulling up would be the one removed in this pic
420-magazine-mobile1629875532.jpg
those were the only two on this plant
420-magazine-mobile579090064.jpg
420-magazine-mobile292923978.jpg
sorry for the purple light but my phone is almost dead so I had to hurry lol

Stupid pics won't load in the area I'm at but if you are only wanting to pluck a few off go for it. I'll check back a little later to see if the pics will load for me.

Back
Top Bottom