LED Bag Seed Closet Grow

So it's been a few days without an update. Tomorrow marks one month since they broke the soil! Everything is going smoothly other than that heat issue. I'm still dealing with it but the girls don't seem bothered by it. I watered them yesterday with a half gallon of ph'd water (6.7-6.8) and today did some defoliation before I start flowering. I'm expecting my nutes this week (hopefully the next day or two) so those will be started along with flower. I'm gonna install the cooler today and give it a day or two to monitor the changes and if im satisfied I'm gonna flip this week. I'll probably order my tent this week or next so that once the girls out grow what little space is left they'll have somewhere new to call home!

Plant 1:
420-magazine-mobile910384464.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1254659248.jpg

Plant 2:
420-magazine-mobile1575517248.jpg
420-magazine-mobile694947753.jpg

Both girls have developed a strong branch system and they both have a fairly even top. Plant 1 is growing more evenly on canopy height but she also took to the initial LST better and gave me more of a bend. All in all I think I'm gonna meet my goal and have some good quality smoke .
Looks amazing! Keep it up, I'm excited to see you flower em out

I've been noticing the new growth being a lot more of a light green and getting dark as they go..is that normal?

Been a couple days so I figured I'd update everyone. I'm still waiting on my nutrients to arrive as well as more Happy Frog soil so I can transplant into 3 or5 gallon pots, I'm not sure which yet. Probably gonna go with the 3 gal just because I've read multiple journals where the routes weren't using all of a 5 gal bucket. Other than that nothing has really changed. They're growing well .

Been a couple days so I figured I'd update everyone. I'm still waiting on my nutrients to arrive as well as more Happy Frog soil so I can transplant into 3 or5 gallon pots, I'm not sure which yet. Probably gonna go with the 3 gal just because I've read multiple journals where the routes weren't using all of a 5 gal bucket. Other than that nothing has really changed. They're growing well .
I would definitely recommend under 5gal, I'm using 3.66gal buckets currently but would have rather went with 3gal smart pots. Either way I think your babies are gonna thrive and produce some nice smoke! Are you going with fox farm nutrients?

I would definitely recommend under 5gal, I'm using 3.66gal buckets currently but would have rather went with 3gal smart pots. Either way I think your babies are gonna thrive and produce some nice smoke! Are you going with fox farm nutrients?

No im actually using dyna-gro. I talked with their customer service and got a preview pack for $21.50 (shipping) that should carry me through this grow and at least one more. I was originally gonna go with FF though! I'll have to look back at the email to see exactly what I'm getting and I'll copy and paste it here.

8oz. Foliage-Pro.
8oz. Pro-TeKt.
8oz. Bloom.
8oz. Mag-Pro.
8oz. K-L-N Rooting Concentrate

Why wouldnt you recommend a larger pot? Im using 3 gallon fabric pots this grow only because im doubling up on plants and keeping them smaller however if I were sticking with my usual two plants in my 4x2 I would go with 5 or 7 gallon as you want a nice healthy root system and going to small isnt a good thing if you veg for a while. Im honestly already regretting going with three gallon fabric pots instead of 5 gallons myself even with smaller plants.

Either way it seems the OP is going to be flipping at a smaller size so it shouldn't matter but idk why going with a 5 gallon would be worse than going with a three gallon besides the saving money aspect which I can completely understand.

Yeah if you plan on flipping within the next week go with 3 gallons though id really recommend you just go with 5 gallons and veg a bit longer for a larger plant overall. My other post was me by no means saying he was wrong I just wanted to know his reasoning is all as most prefer large pots 7+ gallons and large veg times to fill out the soil with roots. But again if you are set on flipping within the next week a 3 gallon fabric pot would be great.

Yeah if you plan on flipping within the next week go with 3 gallons though id really recommend you just go with 5 gallons and veg a bit longer for a larger plant overall. My other post was me by no means saying he was wrong I just wanted to know his reasoning is all as most prefer large pots 7+ gallons and large veg times to fill out the soil with roots. But again if you are set on flipping within the next week a 3 gallon fabric pot would be great.

I haven't decided for sure on when I'm gonna flip. I'm keeping an eye on them pretty closely..my only concern with letting them get any bigger before flipping is the stretch. I don't want them to get too wide for my closet. I also am leaning towards the 3 gallon pots for the money reasons. I don't have the soil on hand to do three gallon pots (ordered more today) so I really don't think I'll have enough for two 5 gallon pots. Eagerness is part of the urge to go ahead and flip too. I'm ready to get to harvest and have some smoke that I grew myself whether it's bomb as hell or just half way decent.

You also dont want them to be to small thats never fun though trust me I rushed flipping my plant as well especially after my failed first grow when all 4 turned out male lol I was very antsy.. it yielded okay but ive since learned to definitely take my time with veg so I can get as much as I can possibly yield out of my space with my total lighting... but you dont wanna wait to long and I cant blame you lol its just part of it so id really recommend just going with the three gallon fabric pots but veg for another two weeks after transplant.

The only thing that saved me that first harvest was my side project plant... I flipped it at an extremely small size and was only expecting a half ounce or so.. ha that bitch took three months to flower and I still chopped early however she gave me around 50-55 grams if I recall cant remember which but still damn impressive either way.. she gave me (2) 10 gram buds (2) 7 gram buds and a decent bit of .5-1g popcorn. Haha she gave me a very impressive amount she was definitely from a farm somewhere (my assumption) that was after quantity because it was impressive growth but the quality was so-so it was good but the taste was mediocre I guess you could say but shit I was still stoked that was the first time Ive had a 10 gram bud lol my special queens buds dont get that full the biggest she has given me was 3.8G.

You also dont want them to be to small thats never fun though trust me I rushed flipping my plant as well especially after my failed first grow when all 4 turned out male lol I was very antsy.. it yielded okay but ive since learned to definitely take my time with veg so I can get as much as I can possibly yield out of my space with my total lighting... but you dont wanna wait to long and I cant blame you lol its just part of it so id really recommend just going with the three gallon fabric pots but veg for another two weeks after transplant.

The only thing that saved me that first harvest was my side project plant... I flipped it at an extremely small size and was only expecting a half ounce or so.. ha that bitch took three months to flower and I still chopped early however she gave me around 50-55 grams if I recall cant remember which but still damn impressive either way.. she gave me (2) 10 gram buds (2) 7 gram buds and a decent bit of .5-1g popcorn. Haha she gave me a very impressive amount she was definitely from a farm somewhere (my assumption) that was after quantity because it was impressive growth but the quality was so-so it was good but the taste was mediocre I guess you could say but shit I was still stoked that was the first time Ive had a 10 gram bud lol my special queens buds dont get that full the biggest she has given me was 3.8G.

Yeah I defoliated yesterday and today there were several new nodes reaching up that could turn out to be nice bud sites in the end if I let them develop a little more..I'm ansy but I also know patience is the game in this so if I need to wait I'll wait lol

Each of my lights can cover a 2x2 area during flower according to the card that came with the lights. 3x3 during veg. They're already getting close to 1' of space taken up as it is so I can't really afford too much more space taken up considering my lighting. It kinda works out perfectly for my closet space lol

I was only recommending 3gal fabric pots because I've read through many grows where 5gal were used where the roots left some soil untouched. In your case, LedGuy74, you have a superb training technique that I can't seem to wrap my head around. I can understand your reasoning for 5-7gal pots.

My main reason for recommending against 5-7gal pots relies on my assumption that GrnThumbs doesn't intend to train and veg his plants for another month(but who knows, maybe he will, after seeing your results, I wish I had)

I actually am aspiring to train my next generation similarly to yours if you have any tips haha

I was only recommending 3gal fabric pots because I've read through many grows where 5gal were used where the roots left some soil untouched. In your case, LedGuy74, you have a superb training technique that I can't seem to wrap my head around. I can understand your reasoning for 5-7gal pots.

My main reason for recommending against 5-7gal pots relies on my assumption that GrnThumbs doesn't intend to train and veg his plants for another month(but who knows, maybe he will, after seeing your results, I wish I had)

I actually am aspiring to train my next generation similarly to yours if you have any tips haha

His plants' structure and yield are definitely a goal of mine as well. I've definitely considered vegging another 2 weeks and am honestly thinking that's what I'm gonna do. I mean it's been a month roughly so what's another 2 weeks gonna hurt? Lol my only concern with my situation is plant size and space. I don't wanna wait too long that they outgrow my space and I hold them back. I'd rather get a little bit smaller plant that will grow nice and healthy the whole way through. I may not ever even run into he space problem; however it is a concern.

Well The goal is to create an even canopy and it does take some time. However just start out one branch at a time first tie the main branch towards one side of the pot then as side branches start getting large enough to manipulate you want to start tying then towards the opposite sides of the pot and slowly all those branches will create side branches and youll get a better understanding of which way to tie them... however this grow im going to mainly rely on a scrog instead of tying them down which im excited to see my results ive seen good things with scrogs. Mine cost a whopping 10$ to assemble (already had string and screws) and seems to be pretty sturdy. Even without using one before I can already tell you id recommend it over constantly tying branches down which is a pain in the ass im fabric pots lol in buckets its not as bad as I have a hard surface to tie the string to.

So far I've got a pretty even canopy. They were a little droopy today cause they needed water but I gave em a good drink an hour or two ago. They always seem to droop really bad right after watering for a few hours but by the next day they're back to normal..has anyone else experienced this? Or am I doing something wrong when I water lol I mean watering is pretty simple until you start adding nutes

however this grow im going to mainly rely on a scrog instead of tying them down which im excited to see my results ive seen good things with scrogs. Mine cost a whopping 10$ to assemble (already had string and screws) and seems to be pretty sturdy.

How are your girls lookin under the scrog so far? Have they started reaching up through the screen yet?

Finally got my nutrients in about an hour or two ago thank the lord lol and I'm expecting more soil tomorrow or Saturday so I'll be set to finish this grow out without having to order anymore supplies . I also don't think I'm gonna be able to do the fabric pots as I haven't found them in stores and my girls are doing fine in the normal pots anyways

Back
Top Bottom