LED Grow, GDPx2 & NL#5 & GC, Issues Please Help!

NorthDandruff

Hello,

I received my new LED light about a 2 months ago. And I've been slowly getting use to the switch, however I've been having a few issues already 2 months in.

Light - Kind K5 xl750
Tent - 4x4 gorilla grow light
Soil - Sunshine Mix #4 ( reused from last season) + bat guano
Nutrients - sea storm (seaweed extract) 1-1-16
- gen organics - bio thrive 2-4-4
- newly added botanicare - cal mag +
Plants - 2x grand daddy purple (GDP)
1x northern lights #5 (NL#5)
1x green crack (GC)

I've been struggling with the switch right off the get go. First of all I am green behind the ears when I come to growing with LED, so I made the mistake to have my light way too close and cranked all the way to 100% starting at the seeding stage. This was a big no-no as they grew but not very fast and the new growth came out all knarled. I consulted the Kind manual and it suggested moving the light up to 30-36 inches above the canopy. I dialed the light down to 40% and raised it to 40 inches above the canopy, after doing so the plants perked right up and the new growth quit emerging all knarled up.
Before adding cfl - temp 15 night to 24 day
After adding cfl - temp 19 night and 28 day
With the humidity ranging from 37% to 63%

However, all the plants still are growing slow and the one GDP had begun starting to claw. I did some research and everyone says it is nitrogen toxicity where the leaf turns dark green and stats clawing. The other plants didn't show any signs yet. I decided to flush the soil on the GDP real good with tap water, and add a CFL light in the middle of the tent to add some heat as I believe the nutrients uptake / growth had been slowed down due to the cool temp at night.

Within a week the plant recovered and is doing well. At this point both GDP are being trained for scrog, I'm just waiting on the NL#5 and GC to start catch up so I can top them and begin LST training. They are about a month behind the GDP.

Last week I noticed the same clawed GDP plants began to yellow between the veins, so I once again consulted the internet and local grown shop and purchased some botanicare cal mag plus. I gave both GDP plants a 1/2 dose of the cal mag and they reacted very well, the new growth is emerging a nice light green and is no longer showing signs of yellowing between the veins.

Now, this week I noticed that the NL#5 and GC are beginning to struggle and I'm not sure what type of deficiency. The NL#5 is staring to yellow up at the top and has slowed growth where as the GC is starting to yellow also but from the bottom up. I was going to top the NL#5 below the yellowing growth however I'm sure if it will survive the topping. The GC is not quite ready for topping as I'd like to see al least another nodes worth of development. Last night I decided to give both the NL#5 and GC a good flushing with water and let them sit under a fan so the soil drys up. I tested the soil runoff and PH came back just below 6.

My concern is that it the yellowing is due to overwatering instead of a nutrient imbalance, however I do not know as there are so many variables when I come to a good grow. I prob made the rookie mistake of re-using my soil for 2 grown in a row. The first grow went very well but I prob depleted all or most of the nutrients the first time round. I just assumed the bat guano I added at the start would be sufficient enough of an amendment. However I am prob wrong and dealing with I now, when I should of just bought another bale of soil to begin with.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

420-magazine-mobile1850203806.jpg

1st plant- NL#5 - notice the yellowing beginning at the top, slight yellowing between veins, slowed growth

420-magazine-mobile870589765.jpg

2nd plant- GC - yellowing at the bottom moving up, slowed growth

420-magazine-mobile1145064953.jpg

3rd plant- GDP with clawing and possible cal mag deficiency

420-magazine-mobile1760677227.jpg

4th plant- other GDP

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom