LED lighting down to two

I'd do 5 or 6, of the 250w Budget LED Quantum boards.
Or 4 DIY Strip lights that are 325w each.

Here is one of the strip lights I just built.

325w
Uses 800 top of the line LM301B and Cree diodes for each light.
Over 1300 PPFD in center at 18" .
Very even coverage, no less than 700 PPFD on outer edge, average about 850+
2.78 umols/j efficiency at full power.
$400 each

20191014_210037.jpg

which one hgl550v2r or spetrum king sk420, i am trying to replace two 1000 wat hps . Got a 4x8 growing space. I will need two.

We make a comparable light to the hlg rspec. However, they (480w kits) are out of stock for about two weeks. Our 250w kits are also a solid option. You can also save 10% with the forum discount code.

IMG_20191011_132008_550.jpg

IMG_20191021_162149_457.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time researching this very question. I built a COB array, then a local hydro shop had a Quantum board from HLG that was probably the brightest LED I had seen.
I then bought a PAR meter and went to test their disply. They had a NExtGen and an HLG 550. The HLG blew the Nextgen away. Bigtime.
Anyway, there were a few things I didn't like about the HLG. Here they are for your amusement.
1. One big plate of aluminum for the heatsink. No heat dissipation fins to speak of. It did get hot, no doubt, but I've watched that light run in an unventilated area for about a year.
Anyway, I began researching the Quantum board, and what it was made up of. The Samsung LM301's are what makes this light so awsum, not HLG. Don't get me wrong, the HLG is the first Light I had seen with this chipset.
2. The Meanwell 480 driver was bolted down to the plate, so the driver got as hot as the plate it was bolted to. I'd had at least placed standoffs between the driver and the heatsink/plate.

I began to research what other options there were with this Samsung LM301 chip, and I found a few at Alibaba, but I'm a skeptic when it comes to dealing overseas on something like this. Anyway, I came across a company name Atreum Lighting.
They used the same top bin LM-301's that HLG did, and though their boards are square instead of rectangle, they both had the same amount of LED's. What differed is where in my opinion makes the Atreum truly stand out over the HLG.
For one, each board has it's own true heatsink, with plenty of heat dissipation fins. I really like that.
Cooler still is the frame that was designed for the 2 board setup as well as the 4 board setup. Designed to grow.

They also use Meanwell type A drivers, meaning I can set these up and safely overdrive them. I've set the drivers on each light to provide 550 watts at the outlet. This overdrives them by 50 watts or a nice, measurable PAR output.

Anyway you go, you cant go wrong with the Samsung LM301, no matter which flavor you choose.

Good luck!
20191021_170842.jpg

Back
Top Bottom