LED panel for 2.66x2.66, 80x80cm, tent

Sir3

420 Member
Hello,
I need a new panel for my 80x80 cm tent. I am also thinking of getting a 2x4 tent and a 2x2 panel could be half of the lighting. So l want your opinion about a panel. I fond some threads and some grow journals but l am not sure what to get.
I was thinking about the MarsHidro TS1000 (over the SP150). These seem to be the most popular. Also AC Infinity T22 seemed a close competitor. The T33 seems a little too big. The Vivaspectra P1000 was also an option but it seems worst than the MH or the AC overall. But l might be mistaking. The Vivosun Aerolight is pricey and only 100W. But could be worth it if the results are comparable and it only consumes 66% energy
I see also 250 to 300W options for a 3x3 but those seem like an overķill. Or am l wrong? The new models from MarsH have the sunrise/sunset and some other features. But lDK if the price is justified.
The KS series could us an UV and IR led band. But l guess that band could be used with other panels.
So, if you can give me your opinion, that would be great.

Much of this depends on what you plan to grow. Photoperiod plants have a higher light requirement than autos, because you can only leave the lights on for 12 hours/day in flower.

For photoperiods, you're looking for 35-50w/sqft. So, for a 80x80 tent (about 7 sqft) you would want 250-350 watts of light, depending on how full your tent will be.

For autos, you can leave the lights on for twice as long, meaning twice as much DLI with the same light. So, 100-200w light will work just fine. I just finished filling a tent of the same size with a single auto under the 100w AeroLight and she produced very well.

BTW @VIVOSUN just came out with a new model, the AeroLight A100SE w/ GrowHub E25 Controller. It has a smaller growhub with no external display, but still allows you to hook up to the Vivosun app and control the light spectrum & intensity from anywhere. Best of all, with the 15% 420 discount it's less than $125 for the light and the growhub!

Thank you very much for your answer.

I decided to try the Mars Hydro TS1000 as it is on offer and l can get it for 120€ shipping included. It seems a decent panel and if need be, for an eventual 2x4 tent, l could daisy chain another one. In that case it should be fine for a 2x2 each.
The Vivosun Aero has only 100W and it seems that those extra 50W from Hydro matter in the grows that l watched

Thank you very much for your answer.

I decided to try the Mars Hydro TS1000 as it is on offer and l can get it for 120€ shipping included. It seems a decent panel and if need be, for an eventual 2x4 tent, l could daisy chain another one. In that case it should be fine for a 2x2 each.
The Vivosun Aero has only 100W and it seems that those extra 50W from Hydro matter in the grows that l watched

calculate your square footage and shoot for a led providing at least 35w per sq/ft. that's what you need to flower. veg can get away with 25w sq/ft.

edit : a 2 x 4 tent needs a led that draws 280w from the wall to be useful for flower.

I'm using a T22 and S22 combo in my 2x4 and I gotta say the results are pretty amazing!

87640FF6-31F1-4C07-B7C2-6A6A39EA9E0E.jpeg

Its jam packed in there and the plants are always praying.
Finishing the first week from the flip so well see how they flower but I'm confident thus far.

I am considering adding another S22 to the 2x4 and going "overboard"
I also could have just bought the board for the 2x4 would have been about same price but less flexibility with having different light levels.

calculate your square footage and shoot for a led providing at least 35w per sq/ft. that's what you need to flower. veg can get away with 25w sq/ft.

edit : a 2 x 4 tent needs a led that draws 280w from the wall to be useful for flower.
Yes, that's why l was thinking 2 Aero is a bit under the 35W threshold. I will test the TS 1000 and if l need to grow more than 1-2 plants l will switch to the 4x2 with 2 panels for 3-4 plants,
Thank you

Yes, that's why l was thinking 2 Aero is a bit under the 35W threshold. I will test the TS 1000 and if l need to grow more than 1-2 plants l will switch to the 4x2 with 2 panels for 3-4 plants,
Thank you

with gains in efficiencies that 35w/sqft has come down somewhat. it definitely will do it though if you need a rough guide.

I'm using a T22 and S22 combo in my 2x4 and I gotta say the results are pretty amazing!

87640FF6-31F1-4C07-B7C2-6A6A39EA9E0E.jpeg

Its jam packed in there and the plants are always praying.
Finishing the first week from the flip so well see how they flower but I'm confident thus far.

I am considering adding another S22 to the 2x4 and going "overboard"
I also could have just bought the board for the 2x4 would have been about same price but less flexibility with having different light levels.
I think more than 2 panels would be an overkill in W for my needs :)
I wish you all the best with your grow. But l see your point. The middle plant needed more light.

with gains in efficiencies that 35w/sqft has come down somewhat. it definitely will do it though if you need a rough guide.
I think it will help. Thank you very much

I've seen your 35W recommendation on other threads also, but l think there is more to it. And l would also do not want to over do it. For a 2.66x2.66 it should be almost adequate. But any help is appreciated

bigger is always better. you won't believe the difference in production and potency. a quick rule of thumb is use a rig with dimming and go one size larger than the spec.

Back
Top Bottom