LED`s some heat issues with mine

yooper rex

First I need to give some background. I built a 7'x7'x7'room (inside measurements) in my garage. It is 2' off the floor (10' cieling). Walls have 3 1/2" of insulation, cieling 7", floor 4" of styrofoam. I have 2 Advanced Diamond Series 300`s. Used a small squirrel cage blower as an exhaust fan. Worked fine in the cold weather. Summertime was a different matter, it got hot in there (98 degrees). I bought a 8' inline exhaust fan. Problem solved. Have to have heat in the winter. Maybe I insulated it too good? Anyway I can`t imagine the heat problems I would have had with HPS or MH.

Re: LED`s some heat issues with mine.

What was the intent of insulating the room? If you want to make the room 100% climate controlled with no other inputs then I can understand that. If you are doing extensive testing of systems (lighting, CO2, temperature controllers, etc.) that's understandable as well. I seen someone else posting about high temps and having everything highly insulated. There are reasons for it. I'm just wondering what your reasoning was. If the temps are good in the winter and too high in the summer, maybe taking off some insulation throughout the year and adding it back as the temps drop would work. every grow and grow environment is different. Do what works best for you.

perhaps an oscillating fan inside the room? How full is the room during peak heat times? Good luck and happy gardening \m/

Smoke2Js; An oscillating fan is running 24/7. Room is not full, use a 3'x5' area for growing.

What was the intent of insulating the room? If you want to make the room 100% climate controlled with no other inputs then I can understand that. If you are doing extensive testing of systems (lighting, CO2, temperature controllers, etc.) that's understandable as well. I seen someone else posting about high temps and having everything highly insulated. There are reasons for it. I'm just wondering what your reasoning was. If the temps are good in the winter and too high in the summer, maybe taking off some insulation throughout the year and adding it back as the temps drop would work. every grow and grow environment is different. Do what works best for you.

I insulated the room for the winter cold. With the heater in there it works great, keeps the room as warm as you want it. After I installed an 8" inline exhaust fan the heat issues are much better than with the small exhaust fan I replaced. I also built a version of a "swamp cooler". I have 2 intakes in the floor at the baseboard. I built a box under each inlet. These hold frozen quart bottles that the incoming air passes over. It works pretty good. Thanks for your input.
Peace & Great Growing
YR

Back
Top Bottom