Leebee77 Aero/Dirt - Kandy Kush and White Russian First Attempt at LED 2011

leebee77

This will be my second grow first Journal. My first taught me a lot of lessons and I survived thanks to all the GREAT people here. I am starting this grow with a 400w HID; however, I will decide tomorrow on the LED Light that I will purchase for this grow. I will be growing Kandy Kush in an aeroponics setup and 2 or 3 White Russian's in soil. As far as my Light, I am thinking of going with the Grow Stealth 600W Quantum LED Grow Light. Any input on this? It sounds like they know what they are doing and they are a Sponsor!!!! Not to mention the discount if I succeed at my grow.

Here are my specs...

What strain is it? Kandy Kush
# of Plants? 11
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 1 day
Indoor
Aeroponics
Size of light? 400w HID
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room? 72
RH of Room? 54%
PH of res? 5.5
Any Pests ? No!
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm per instructions.

What strain is it? White Russian
# of Plants? 2
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Mostly Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 1 Day
Indoor
Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FFOF and perlite
If soil... What size pot? Will be 5 gal.
Size of light? 400w HID
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? 72
RH of Room/cab? 54%
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Every Other Day
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm per Instructions.

I think that covers the intro, pics in a few...:bong:

Re: Leebee77 Aero/Dirt -- Kandy Kush and White Russian First Attempt at LED 2011

Here are the Kandy Kush girls going into my 4"PVC pipes.
mini-IMG_1244.JPG

mini-IMG_1243.JPG

I had to make the slope steeper, The roots were getting really thick on the first grow.

mini-2010-10-20_15-36-49_256.jpg

mini-2010-10-20_15-37-00_515.jpg

mini-IMG_1248.JPG

Getting ready to turn on the 400w and keep it high for a day.

;) Well I am off and running. Wish me LUCK! :roorrip:

Re: Leebee77 Aero/Dirt -- Kandy Kush and White Russian First Attempt at LED 2011

Hi Everyone :bong:
I just got off the phone with Donnie from Grow Stealth Led. He answered all my questions and was very informative. So I have decided that I am going to purchase the GS 600W Quantum Pro-Bloom. I will get 1 for now to test it out and make sure that I want to keep putting money into LED's. I am hopefully that I will see a difference on the window ac unit with the less heat and lower the electric bill.
Also I have some great incentives to do a great job! 1. Great Meds! 2. Complete a successful grow journal and receive a discount/rebate from GS!

Pics later when the lights come on.

:Namaste:

Looking good leebee. I have a fondness for 4 inch PVC. My last grow was in a recirc NFT made with the stuff. No drip lines, no spray heads, just a constant flow of nutes about 2/3rds full. Pulled over 20 ozs of trimmed bud in a 2X6 space.

I'm subbed for this one!:popcorn:

Looking good leebee. I have a fondness for 4 inch PVC. My last grow was in a recirc NFT made with the stuff. No drip lines, no spray heads, just a constant flow of nutes about 2/3rds full. Pulled over 20 ozs of trimmed bud in a 2X6 space.

I'm subbed for this one!:popcorn:

Thanks for stopping by, I read all of your Grows and I took some ideas from you. I was going to have my sprayers on 15 on and 15 off but after reading your explanation that the roots grew upwards I decided to spray all the time as well. I was very impressed with your yield and If I can pull off half then I would be thrilled. I am not knowledgeable yet on my nutrients so I will follow the Fox Farm schedule.
Hopefully the LED will not take to long to get here.
Thanks again.
:Namaste:

Well, you know I love a good LED grow!

*gets his Model419 and loads up*

;)

Hey JZ,
Thanks for stopping by, yes I cant wait to complete LED grow!!!:yahoo: Your LED Grow is coming out great and cannot wait until your 300w LED Shootout is completed to see the results!:bravo:
I feel better now knowing that I have some of you great growers keeping an eye on me this time. Thanks
:roorrip:

No Pics, Just an update. Went in tonight and lost one of the Kandy Kush Clones. The sprayer was clogged and it received no water. I replaced all the sprayers with new ones that are less likely to clog (the yellow ones). I guess I need to visit the room more than ones a day to keep an eye on the sprayers.
Good Night....

Clogged sprayers are a pain. That is the reason I went with just a straight pipe into the chambers last grow. No worries and I was able to leave for a week without worrying.

My current grow is using the aeroflo "laser lines" they can clog, so I purchased an inline filter from HD, they're in the plumbing/irrigation section. It was $13 and does a great job. The filter element is easily removed and cleaned. It's cheap insurance.
DSCN00412.JPG

Clogged sprayers are a pain. That is the reason I went with just a straight pipe into the chambers last grow. No worries and I was able to leave for a week without worrying.

My current grow is using the aeroflo "laser lines" they can clog, so I purchased an inline filter from HD, they're in the plumbing/irrigation section. It was $13 and does a great job. The filter element is easily removed and cleaned. It's cheap insurance.
DSCN00412.JPG

THANK YOU!:adore: I will be going to HD tonight or tomorrow.

Quick Update:
Well no news on the LED Light yet.... I sent and email yesterday and called to check on the status and no response yet...... hmmm GrowGSL check your email! lol I was wanting to wait on the led to switch to 12/12 but I need to go ahead and do it with the 400w that I have so that they do not get to big.
The Kandy Kush clones have been in the 4" tubes for a week now so I will increase the nutrients to reg strength. I have a little leaf deformation on one of the cloans, I will post a picture shortly.

Back
Top Bottom