Brazyy

Hey everyone so I want to show y'all my plants and start a discussion. Rather than posting a wall of text telling you all about my process and the set up I use I will tell you the essentials, ask a few questions and then have you guys continue the discussion with any questions you have for me.

I use a 2x4x5 grow tent with an sf-2000. The plants are kept in 5 gallon buckets and are on a 24/7 light schedule. The temp is kept between 69.5-73 degrees and I'm using general hydro with cal/mag and hydroguard. They are both greencrack autos from seedsman and are 52 days old.

On to my questions, I am running into some strange bronzing and spotting on fan leaves and am not sure why. I am feeding a very heavy regiment, the same one on the bottle. I use the recommended amount for the cal/mag and hydroguard but tend to add 2-6mL extra cal/mag and 2-4 mL extra hydroguard depending on the plant and the point they are in their life cycle. It should be noted I change the rezs every 2 weeks or as needed. This grow has gone very smoothly so that I haven't needed to do any emergency changes, I do however add distilled water to keep the rezs around 3 gallons. I realize this causes the ppm to drop, but so far the plants have balanced the ppm and pH no problem.
PXL_20220126_175426585.jpg
PXL_20220126_175432612.jpg
PXL_20220126_175632746.jpg
PXL_20220126_175458284.jpg
PXL_20220126_175538871.jpg
PXL_20220126_175542956.jpg
PXL_20220126_175600201.jpg

Hey everyone so I want to show y'all my plants and start a discussion. Rather than posting a wall of text telling you all about my process and the set up I use I will tell you the essentials, ask a few questions and then have you guys continue the discussion with any questions you have for me.

I use a 2x4x5 grow tent with an sf-2000. The plants are kept in 5 gallon buckets and are on a 24/7 light schedule. The temp is kept between 69.5-73 degrees and I'm using general hydro with cal/mag and hydroguard. They are both greencrack autos from seedsman and are 52 days old.

On to my questions, I am running into some strange bronzing and spotting on fan leaves and am not sure why. I am feeding a very heavy regiment, the same one on the bottle. I use the recommended amount for the cal/mag and hydroguard but tend to add 2-6mL extra cal/mag and 2-4 mL extra hydroguard depending on the plant and the point they are in their life cycle. It should be noted I change the rezs every 2 weeks or as needed. This grow has gone very smoothly so that I haven't needed to do any emergency changes, I do however add distilled water to keep the rezs around 3 gallons. I realize this causes the ppm to drop, but so far the plants have balanced the ppm and pH no problem.
PXL_20220126_175426585.jpg
PXL_20220126_175432612.jpg
PXL_20220126_175632746.jpg
PXL_20220126_175458284.jpg
PXL_20220126_175538871.jpg
PXL_20220126_175542956.jpg
PXL_20220126_175600201.jpg
Hey @Brazyy Hope you are well my friend.
Beautiful garden. :thumb:
Why are you waiting 2 weeks to do a res change.
The fluctuations between start and finish will be tremendous. :Namaste:
What ph do you start at?
After 2 weeks what is it?

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @Brazyy Hope you are well my friend.
Beautiful garden. :thumb:
Why are you waiting 2 weeks to do a res change.
The fluctuations between start and finish will be tremendous. :Namaste:
What ph do you start at?
After 2 weeks what is it?

Stay safe
Bill
I've been waiting because the ppm will level off and when it starts to decrease into the 900 range I look to change it, atleast while it was in the last weeks of veg. Also the pH stays at around 5.8-6 and I usually don't have to add any buffers, I am constantly checking ppm and pH for any changes. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread and this response.

I've been waiting because the ppm will level off and when it starts to decrease into the 900 range I look to change it, atleast while it was in the last weeks of veg. Also the pH stays at around 5.8-6 and I usually don't have to add any buffers, I am constantly checking ppm and pH for any changes. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread and this response.
Ok I understand.
What that tells me they aren't eating
They are big healthy ladies they should be chewing through the ppm's at this stage.
What schedule are you following?
What order are you mixing you nutrients in.
It's important I'll post a list.
What is your res temp?
69-73 room temp isn't ideal.
Closer to 80 would help them transpire.
This chart isn't mine, Thanks @Rexer

Stay safe
Bill

Screenshot_20220121-122247_Chrome.jpg

Hiya @Brazyy

In this photo, I see Mg def, but no Ca def
BCB2B1A6-DAD7-4F23-A419-7A2D3EC9EF9C.jpeg

From that, I would infer that maybe you need more Mg than Ca. So dropping the extra CalMag (it might be resulting in excess Ca, which can negatively affect Mg uptake) and introducing some Epsom salt - up to 1g/gal to start - should help increase the Mg available to the plants.
Otherwise, they look great!

:goodjob:

Ok I understand.
What that tells me they aren't eating
They are big healthy ladies they should be chewing through the ppm's at this stage.
What schedule are you following?
What order are you mixing you nutrients in.
It's important I'll post a list.
What is your res temp?
69-73 room temp isn't ideal.
Closer to 80 would help them transpire.
This chart isn't mine, Thanks @Rexer

Stay safe
Bill

Screenshot_20220121-122247_Chrome.jpg
I actually follow the feeding chart you posted here. I use general hydro's feed schedule and add them in the order listed above. I keep the rez temps from 69.7-71 degrees. Additionally I am keeping the tent cooler to slow down growth, I am almost completely out of space in my tent but I don't want to stress the plants to much. What are your thoughts on the spotting and bronzing, I opened the tent this morning to find alot more leaves spotting so I'd like to nip this in the bud before we get to far into flower. Thanks!

Hiya @Brazyy

In this photo, I see Mg def, but no Ca def
BCB2B1A6-DAD7-4F23-A419-7A2D3EC9EF9C.jpeg

From that, I would infer that maybe you need more Mg than Ca. So dropping the extra CalMag (it might be resulting in excess Ca, which can negatively affect Mg uptake) and introducing some Epsom salt - up to 1g/gal to start - should help increase the Mg available to the plants.
Otherwise, they look great!

:goodjob:
Alright, I am doing a rez change today so I'll give it a shot and let y'all know how it turns out. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom