Lets try this again - better pics

nvhunter

So as I posted before I have grow these two girls in dif soils as an experiment. The healthy girl was a slow starter but caught up very fast in FFOF and is 5 ft tall. The sickly looking girl was raised in a simple seed starter soil and was topped at 4 weeks in veg and is 26 inchs tall. Advanced nutes, Bloom, Micro, Grow for both. They are under a 600 watt HPS with fans etc etc. As you can see the poor girl's leaves are yellowing and brown dead spots are appearing. Im guessing that its a nute issue that the soil ran out of? Shes got a few weeks left and is just now starting to show trich's. Any thoughts on how to keep her going ?
plants_02-7-13.JPG

plant_2-7-13.JPG

Could be a Mg deficiency. I would check the pH (always the first thing to do with problems) then feed with a small amount of epsom salt in water. Maybe back off the nutes a little bit as well. That other girl is beautiful!

i would take the dying leaves off or even just cut the damaged parts off(like when you clone)... do a 5 gallon flush with ph'd water and add new nutes about a hour before lights out..(i find it easiest to bring it in the bath tub and after counting how long it takes to fill a gallon i just times by however many gallons i want to flush through it.) the plant is smaller because you topped it. its not nute lockout because the whole plant would be affected. it really looks like a tube light fell across it after spraying it and it burnt the leaves a while ago and its just wasting energy trying to repair the dead cells ...(it will never happen lol).. i recommend flush and new nutes after trimming off the damaged leaves. within 4 days you should see better growth of trics and pistils

I'd say they might need some more Nitrogen.

What's your feeding schedule?
temps?
RH?
PH?
PPM?

Could be a combination of a lot of things.
but need more info..

The ill looking plant in the seedling compost looks to be either a PH problem or chemical salt toxicity issue if using chemical synthetic nutrients.

That alone may be an issue with seedling compost if it is peat based & the nutrients used !

Back
Top Bottom