Level 2: Banana Sundae, Ghost Og, Gorilla Zkittles & Sofie’s Tea

Charmanderrr

Hey what’s up guys, I finished a batch of my first plants last year around September. (Lvl 1) My first solo grow, it was considerably Simplistic. I used liquid nutes, topped them a little late, let them over grow the tent, was forced to Use a lot of high stress training, but came out ok. One of the plants still produced spectacular buds. I immediately had a go at another set of plants but the hectic holiday season took too much of my time and i could t give them the support they needed and they never made it to this new year. So in January I started up again, with the intent of making changes for the better this time around. With that said, I’ll stop the digression and introduce you to lvl 2.

I’ll describe my form of elements used.

Earth. - for the medium I’m using the classic soil blend. Fox Farms OF and HF. (I got low on soil and topped the rest off with Mother Earths Terracraft because of it’s slightly different quick and slow release amendments)
Nutes. - Or as Matilda would say, “It’s a Newt!” I use a weird mix that sort of just came about from past experiences and learnings.
B3CF9666-86D7-4B6E-B29A-6DBA6A2FA66A.jpeg

As a seed I only apply mycorrhizae. When transplanting, I add some more mycorrhizae and some homemade banana peel meal from organic banana peels that I sun dry and grind in a coffee grinder to the finest powder. At about a month, I feed the seedlings a teaspoon of FF Big Bloom, Liquid Seaweed, and if needed I might Introduce trace amounts of CalMag at this stage. Which I did this time.
A week or two of feedings and I start to apply the FF Grow Big, while upping the ante on the previously mentioned mix. Once i change the light schedule, I swap out Big Bloom for Mega Morpheus by Nectar for the Gods. It’s very similar to Big Bloom except instead of bat guano, it has seabird guano, doubling the phosphate, and lowering the nitrogen. Lastly I’ll add Flora Nova’s Bloom bottle for the heavy hits of phosphate and potassium while in flower. (And continuing use of the seaweed, tea, and CalMag) Finally, though I have ph up and down, (Olympus Up and Hades Down) I’ve never even opened them yet =pWind. - I have a charcoal carbon filter and an intake fake but I never even use them either. I just put a hand full of small fans in my 2x4 tent with one pulling air in the bottom, one pushing out the top, and a couple more inside for circulation. If it isn’t summer time the heat stays at about 80. In Summer it gets to 90.
Water. - I always keep jugs of RO water lined up and ready. If I have to use sink water here and there I don’t fret.
Fire. - This is always my favorite form of the Elements, I’m Fire bending 4 strains at the moment.
1. Banana Sundae from Crop King (Online)
1. Gorilla Zkittles from Burneys Farm (Online)
1. Ghost Og clone from Cali Kosher (local)
1. Softie’s Tea from Equilibrium (local)
(Germination rates were incredible for all the seeds)
Here’s a little show of the happenings so far.

1E38084D-CCDE-4C5F-AA5E-C27F8E8244A8.jpeg

This is where i start all my seeds (after I sentence them them to 24 hours in water and another 24 served in paper towels) As you can see, Apollo watches over and protects them.
EC1C6E65-68CF-44C2-B45A-6B926E30BC2F.jpeg
This is right after transplanting to their final pots, 3 gallon fabric cubes. The red clip on the clone was me experimenting with methods of training but I only came to regret even bothering with those lst clips. DONT BUY OR USE THEM!
The yellow leaves were just from the old Crappy soil I used in the pots before the 3 gallons. They now rest in the freshest of soils. The strains are, Gorilla Zkittles on the top left, banana Sundae to the right, Sofie’s Tea on the bottoms left, and the Ghost Og to the right of that.
2B8E5609-F091-4DF0-8A2B-CE7E27D8F504.png

Now you can see they have grown enough to withstand being tied down.Last time in lvl 1, I didn’t tie the plants down at all. I just topped a lot and used HST and LST, lollipopping, and a bunch of love.
At this point I started using the humidifier and the tank of Co2 I placed in front of the fan because I couldn’t find a good way to hang it up.
EBF88594-014F-4378-82C4-42120FDCD240.jpeg

You’ll notice the growth and perhaps the movement of the plants. I tend to swap the placements around ever now and again. You may also notice the potatoes. I find they chit faster in the tents conditions, especially with the humidifier so they’ll be gone soon,planted in a bucket outside.
20C63B99-AC82-43DB-865B-544A1E07DA57.jpeg
Here we have its final days of veg. This is a recent picture, as I just flipped the light schedule from 24-0 to 12-12 and started the Mega Morpheus feeding instead of the Big Bloom.
8866F2FA-FDB4-44F6-B622-F1B57B50C0F0.jpeg
Obviously, I use different lighting In flower. Instead of 2 75w LED lights I flip on the purple 300w LED and turn down the 75w’s, but not off. I slowly raise the strength of the 75w lights while the plants adapt to the new lumens. This is my most recent picture so this is where I am now in the process. Waiting for the light flip to take effect and I’m very excited to see the bowser shells start coming through, exposing the bus sites. Hopefully I won’t have to use as much high stress training as my first run. I began the flowering schedule much sooner than last Time as I did not expect them to double in size after the veg stage during lvl 1.
If you made it this far then really I thank you for the interest in my little corner of these forums. I can say I am truly passionate about my plants, even my herbs and veggies equally as much. it may be a simple set up but I’ll keep leveling up as I go on through the years and maybe even swap mediums to those clay ball thingies and try my hand at hydro in the future. Maybe Hydro is around lvl 5. Idk, I’ll take it onestep at a time. I’ll make changes to each operation and widdle down a system I can set in stone. Be it in soil or whatever else.

One last thing I guess I can mention is I have a way of watering that friends have given me flak for.
DA8DCBA0-8AD5-415E-B459-4E7173F9587D.jpeg

The plants will look like this before I will water them. I have a history of overwatering at nearly all stages of plant life and this is how I learned to remedy that. My plants must be physically asking me for water like this, otherwise I assume the feet are still wet and I leave it alone. If anyone has any thoughts or facts on if this is good or bad let me know. I’d love some tips and tricks to bring into lvl 3 When I get there.

This story is soon to be continued. I hope it’s worth a ride along!

I want to add that this time I topped them all once they reached their 7th nodes. Everything seemed fine and dandy except Sofie’s Tea. Turns out it does not like to be topped, it has two landrace parents so perhaps that has to do with why. if I grow strains from the Afghani/Pakistani region again I’ll probably avoid topping at all. If anyone else has had experience with this please do tell me.
Sofia’s Tea is the one with most massive leaves in each picture, alternating from bottom left to bottom right in the pictures.

9B9F094E-3757-411F-AA8E-614937C61540.jpeg

This is from last night, just after rising and shining with some Nuted water. The light schedule has been 12/12 for 6 days now and the bud sites are starting to expose themselves.

On a side note, I read that leaving tap water out without a lid will allow the chlorine to dissipate. I’ve been trying with 3 gallon jugs and after 24 hours you can smell the difference, and after a couple days the waters smells fairly neutral if that makes sense. No chemical smell is detectable at that point, and I am yet to see any irregularities on the plants from it. . So I manage to save a little bit of money and trips across the street to fill jugs with RO water.

- I noticed my phone corrected the name Sofie/Sofie’s a few times in my earlier post.. Sorry about that.

-Have a peaceful day everybody ✌️

good morning
Just an update here, one of the cables on a light went out right when flowering begins <(-_-<) I guess it isn’t a huge deal but I’m trying to find a new cable ASAP.
9CC14849-E455-450F-AF52-4FEC760DC91F.jpeg

Of course it’s the cable on the purple 300w. I swapped one of the 75w cables with it since they’re all the same plug with same volts and amps.
6AA64500-FDF6-4FA6-91E9-0C0AC5673938.jpeg

This is the light and the brand, I wanted to add it’s the second time this brand has done this to me. Under 100 dollars from Amazon I guess I can’t complain. But I’ll go with a more expensive light next time. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Anyways, I got a 2 toned garden now.
99DB6D54-27F7-4173-862D-BD99123F0A49.jpeg

I think I’m going to leave the lights the way they are for the rest of this grow, I’ll get a new one before the next one starts. I’m almost interested in seeing how each side comes out in comparison to each other. My first grow was done without the purple light anyways.
Anyway here they are today right after the lights came on.
847C8477-311D-4828-90F5-984D3B2FB54C.jpeg

Week 5-6 in the 2tone tent.
16F04884-516F-480C-BAD3-FA3E74FAA060.jpeg

^Gorilla Zkittlez. The frost started earlier on this than the rest. It’s sorta giving me a good feeling about this one.
A2DAF4D4-F1DC-49FF-826D-894387C10380.jpeg

^Banana Sundae. My favorite structure out of all the plants. It’s the lowest maintenance and responded well to stress trainings.
A95D2532-B943-400B-BEB2-E5E939B8ED41.jpeg

^Ghost OG. Only clone, smallest nugs, best smell.
F4523CD5-332D-48D0-BCBA-46E4092A3034.jpeg

^Sofies Tea. This one was kinda the most difficult to work with but by no means tedious. Just a bit of extra tenderness required, causing me to top it later than the rest and then it became this evened out triangle. I’m expecting 3 good colas by the end of it on this girl.

Just wanted to add that I was doing a few checks on the plants. Good news and bad news.
First off, I found evidence of thrips, but couldnt find any of the critters themselves. I’m usually pretty good about spotting them too. So that was a bummer but not drastic.
The good news though, the bugs are starting to pack on weight, and the Sofia’s Tea is now in the lead for most potential. The colas are growing quickly and the density, even of the lower jugs hidden from as much light, is pretty astounding. Very excited about the flavors that will come out of the Banana Sundae and the Gorilla Zkittles. The Sofies Tea I’m most excited for in general, but the Ghost OG is just an all time classic. Needless to say, I’m super stoked.

Hey im back, I was out sick for a while. It was a double whammy, herniated disc and Covid lol. So I’m finally back to post about my little 2-Tone garden.
They are lookin good and the pistols are all starting to ripen.
Just a heads up I can’t get clear pictures from my phone these days.
75218FC4-D09B-401A-8917-0048F0A3C01C.jpeg

^Banana Sundae. This is definitely a good one. Smells good and the buds are tall and dense.
54439440-EA73-4405-A4E8-4ADBEE9FD1CA.jpeg

^Sofie’s Tea. Biggest and densest buds, smells great, and I love the 3 big alien fingers that reach up.
756B9C7C-61D2-47A3-8949-5E48C4B80971.jpeg

^Ghost OG clone. Popcorn mugs for sure, and the smell is not Ghost OG. Pretty sure it isn’t. It smells like a Hawaiian fruit bowl. Mangos, pineapples, lemons, etc. very strong Sweet mango smell to it. It’s great, buT not what I was looking for when I bought it.
2FA27CB3-6591-4904-A834-8C421F020176.jpeg

^Gorilla Zkittlez. Buds on the smaller side and the yield won’t be crazy. But they look the prettiest out of all the plants. I’m sure I’ll be happy in the end regardless.
DEFA1022-ED29-44ED-A685-D7D3B183CB74.jpeg

I’m thinking about ditching the purple light next time. The 75w white is actually showing way better results.

Glad you're feeling better. The back issues are very tough, I had lumbar region herniations very often and finally got control with an exercise so simple, but, so long as I do it every day, those issues rarely emerge. Had a hard time believing it was what was helping, it was so simple, but, 8 years on and its still under control I think I have to credit it for finally getting me over the almost monthly incidents (at peak). Unfortunately, I've got more than my share of other serious phys ills in this life but I've decided that since they make such a good excuse for getting rocked on 28% THC at 10am, that I'm just going to take my lumps and call it even-stevens. Truthfully, I haven't been smoking for a few years, but now that I have my first personal indoor garden up and running, even if my plants aren't quite there yet.... when they are I'll be "making up for lost time" at a rate that will likely require the odd wake and bake, I'm afraid. ;) I'm having terrible luck with my ck seeds generally, but I have a banana sundae that just might survive seedling stage and will go most likely into a dwc. I look forward to your next reports and send best regards!

Glad you're feeling better. The back issues are very tough, I had lumbar region herniations very often and finally got control with an exercise so simple, but, so long as I do it every day, those issues rarely emerge. Had a hard time believing it was what was helping, it was so simple, but, 8 years on and its still under control I think I have to credit it for finally getting me over the almost monthly incidents (at peak). Unfortunately, I've got more than my share of other serious phys ills in this life but I've decided that since they make such a good excuse for getting rocked on 28% THC at 10am, that I'm just going to take my lumps and call it even-stevens. Truthfully, I haven't been smoking for a few years, but now that I have my first personal indoor garden up and running, even if my plants aren't quite there yet.... when they are I'll be "making up for lost time" at a rate that will likely require the odd wake and bake, I'm afraid. ;) I'm having terrible luck with my ck seeds generally, but I have a banana sundae that just might survive seedling stage and will go most likely into a dwc. I look forward to your next reports and send best regards!
I appreciate you, and I hope the fruits of your labor are sweet and smooth. I don’t share the feeling of an unfortunate back issue, not ongoing at least, and I hope it never comes back for both of us. Though I do share the need to consume my harvests lol. I’m thinking heavy on buying a rosin press because I smoke too little and always have oz’s left over by the time another harvest comes in.

Could you tell me more about the problems with CK seeds? I have a lineup of only CK seeds for my next batch so i want to make sure I’m prepared. Personally haven’t had any experience beyond the Banana Sundae but it’s probably my favorite plant out of the 4. The structure and smell are both fantastic. And the yield might be the most of them all.

I rec'd 5 seeds each, 4 femz'd strains this spring. Best germ rate was "God's Gift" by far, at 100%, though one was yellow and sickly right out of the gate. However, I must've pissed God off b/c they all died. Just joking, they died in part b/c I had to leave home for 2 nights unexpectedly, and an as-yet-unknown but strongly suspected issue w/ my peat plugs. I mean, if God exists then, yeah, I'm pretty sure he/she's pissed with me, but I doubt he/she took it out on my plants. ;)

In trying to decide which to soak next, a close exam. revealed a lot of very small, 'immature' seeds in the mix. So, I soaked 10 seeds and only 4 bothered to split open within 18 hours of soaking, which is out of the norm as I understand it and have experienced. Fewer still developed tails when transferred to dampened paper towel. To explain, after soaking, to grow out the sprouted tail to 1-3 centimeters, I use a dinner plate, right-side-up and lay 2-4 layers paper-towel, then spritz damp with bottled spring or distilled water, but leave no standing water. I place another plate upside-down atop the first making a dark space that has enough oxygen in it but won't dry out. Room temp is fine for me, I have put a heat mat under but set only to a low temp that would trigger should the surrounding air temps become unpredictably low, like, under 23c. I should add that I initially prepped my dry seeds by rattling them around ever-so-lightly in an (empty) small pill jar before soaking... I used to scrape slightly with a nail file but it's too easy to mess up and I gave that up in the late 90's. Anyway, this poor showing then led me to soak my last 5 seeds and they ALL failed to show tails, 3 didn't even show a discernable split after 24hrs in clean, distilled water. In fact, two looked so small that I would struggle to pass them along, in good conscience, to customers or friends. Nonetheless, their experience is greater than my own. Still, results are results.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom