Light stress week 6 flower

So, this plant has been getting browning curled up tips, and a bit of tacoing/canoeing leaves. I moved the light up to 18” from 16” and everything seemed fine. Today I watered the problem plant and now, about 5 hours later, it looks like this. Super hard praying and full leaf curling, not exactly sure what’s up.
As you can see, the plant in the back is looking fine, a tiny touch of bleaching from when the lights were very close. But the plant in the front looks totally freaked.
Any opinions?

Does she look unhealthy? I bet she is sucking up water like never before! She seems to love your light. The curling leaf tips... she is calling for potassium.
I would not say unhealthy, she looks perfectly fine in color. Everything appeared totally normal, just that she was totally dry. So I gave her a healthy drink, normal tap water as per usual when I’m not feeding, and I pulled off any yellow leaves down low that we’re weak; Normal stuff. Went out to have a nice dinner date with the wife, and came back to this.
As for the P, I use organic potting soil and blue planet elite 3 part mix, ratio according to week 6 in flower. Fed in at 6.3 and 1200ppm (base water is 100-150 ppm). The only thing I can think is that maybe the water was a touch cold. Would cold water cause this?
Yeah her big sister gets about 2 gallons of water every 3 or 4 days. she’s very thirsty

What you are seeing is a very happy weed. Weeds love having oxygen kiss even their lowest feeder roots, and with her drying out that far, that is exactly what you accomplished. Giving her that drink just then was just what she wanted. She went into full transpiration mode, lifting those leaves up to that wonderful light and developing the maximum water pressure in the trunk and maximum uptake from the roots. You will find that in this cycle she will have used up her water in record time, asking for more sooner than you might expect. You are to be congratulated. This is the perfect situation you want to be in, at the perfect time. You now have the ability to feed her more than ever before, and those buds will respond in kind. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it... it is working.
I am also curious about the timing of the water. Chilly water has been known to cause plants to droop, not do this. The perfect time to water is at sunup, when the plants naturally are at full transpiration. Could it be that you just timed it right?

Without a doubt there is some light heats stress has gone on. Plants not just cannabis taco there leafs to shade them self's

@Emilya i watered her about 2 hours after sun up, which is atypical, due to life. I normally water at sunset. They have been at +1000ppm feed for about 7 weeks. Her big sister is at 1500+ppm. Their whole lives I’ve let them dry out until their bottom leaves are wilting, even if that means 2 weeks without water. Honestly that’s thanks to you, from reading your how to water guide and various responses I have read by you. They truly are weeds and need the stress of total dryness.
@CO Finest i think you’re absolutely right.
My theory is;
  1. Thirsty girl taking up lots of water is pretty clear, she’s been that way her whole life, and that was probably the biggest drink she’s had in her fabric pot.
  2. Potential P deficiency look might be possible because I water without feed every third watering, and that was her first plain water in fabric.
  3. This light stress is weeks in the making. She was fine until I flipped 12/12, at which point I moved the light down to like 14” from 24. she was fine for a couple more weeks, then she slowly started to look mad
  4. Her sister did not because she was a much bigger gal. I think her sisters branches were fuller maturity due to the training that had happened in their lives. Her sister was fimmed to 4, one of which got snapped off (and cloned :D). She got topped from 9 to 6.

Back
Top Bottom