Lighting advice for a balcony grow

xxtreme

Hi All,

I am planning to start my grow in an apartment balcony at 19th floor. The plan is to start with 3 seeds of lemon haze (50% hybrid). I get direct sunlight in 7 in morning till 3 in the afternoon and the temperature around is in range 15-25 deg C.

I want to know if I require additional lights for a good yield. If yes, what would make most sense. Below are a few options I'm considering:
- LEDs (150W - 6 band)
- A set of 8 CFLs (25 W each)
- A 150W HPS

Though yield is important, I have 1 consideration that the light shouldn't be too bright to catch attention.

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone who has experienced a similar situation can suggest me something. All opinions are welcome.

Thanks

Will you be bringing them inside to light them, or will they remain outside on the balcony? If they are remaining out, have you considered a roll down screen or something to disguise the light, and also keep the temps up.

You say they receive direct sunlight, i presume they will receive indirect for a longer time? A couple of CFL's, say 50 - 100 watts total would provide enough light to keep the plants in veg as the daylight dims.

I will be very interested to see how cannabis grows on the 19th floor. Have you any idea what altitude you are at there?, must be quite high compared to sea level.

Keep us posted on your choices :)

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom