Lighting in grow tent

Kushios

Hey shtoner. I just had a quick question I started growing these 2 plants in a 2x2 tent with a 300watt light. Those plants got to big for my tent so I had to upgrade to a 5x5. Im running off LEDs. What wattage would your guys suggest I use in my new 5x5 tent ? I have my 300watt light on them just for now.

Attachments

• 17110F22-0C51-41CE-9D16-A4FA97CCAE70.jpeg
    17110F22-0C51-41CE-9D16-A4FA97CCAE70.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • 6D833C41-A780-4F86-905C-C65CE00FFAC3.jpeg
    6D833C41-A780-4F86-905C-C65CE00FFAC3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
If your intent is to fully light the 5X5 properly
Then use the following formula
5 X 5 X 35 (watts) = 875 watts total
And by that I mean 875 watts from the wall, not what some blurple light from Amazon says in their marketing
@Budget LED should be able to help you out with your requirements

I have been using one TS3000 in my 5x5 tent, pulls around 450 wall watts. Grows heavy trich out buds. The wall watts will depend on the sytle of light used. Different diodes put out different ppfd. If you are looking at the so called blurple they are good for veg look for the pink ones if that is the style. What a lot of growers do not know or say are the different colors of lights. The three main colors out there are Blurple which have a heavy blue not red so they show a blurple ish color in pictures and on walls. Then there are pink which I have used for many years, they are heavy red so you will see pink ish color in pictures and on walls. The mars hydro old reflector series are a very nice pink light real heavy red. Then there is the newer white lights. Most of them are proving to be better then the blurple and pink. Most of the whites are using less power to grow the same size. For a 5x5 area I use a pink light draws 750 wall watts, with my white light draws 450 wall watts and grows the same. You will see a lot of growers have not used the different colors and know any better. Hope info helps take care

Hey shtoner. I just had a quick question I started growing these 2 plants in a 2x2 tent with a 300watt light. Those plants got to big for my tent so I had to upgrade to a 5x5. Im running off LEDs. What wattage would your guys suggest I use in my new 5x5 tent ? I have my 300watt light on them just for now.

For a 5 x 5, two of our 330 / 350w lights would work well. As @Stunned mentioned, wattage is critical.

Our New Full Spec is great for single tent owners looking to optimize lighting for veg and then flower.

Back
Top Bottom