Beginner Questions Regarding Indoor Set Up

Hawk518

I’d planned on going the inexpensive route by growing outside for my first attempt. But the more I read, the more I’m debating the possibility of trying an indoor set up.
  • If I make the attempt to bring my plants inside, what is the correct size grow tent for 4 plants? I’ve now read different articles that suggest anything from a 2x2 to a 5x5 tent.
  • Any suggestions for an inexpensive LED light for 4 plants that isn’t a waste of time / effort?

Hi pal u want at least a 4x4 tent and a 400w led i see a lot of people using VIVOSUN they also sell tents heres my 4x4 i use a 400w HPS for the heat but its expensive to run £4 a day i only have 3 but could fit a 4th my whole setup was £120
IMG_20230429_062721 - Copy.jpg

I’d planned on going the inexpensive route by growing outside for my first attempt. But the more I read, the more I’m debating the possibility of trying an indoor set up.
  • If I make the attempt to bring my plants inside, what is the correct size grow tent for 4 plants? I’ve now read different articles that suggest anything from a 2x2 to a 5x5 tent.
  • Any suggestions for an inexpensive LED light for 4 plants that isn’t a waste of time / effort?
I would say a 48”X48”X72” should work fine for 4 plants and @VIVOSUN , @ViparSpectra , and @Mars Hydro all are excellent lights. I wouldn’t go with anything less than 500W. CL🍀

4x4 tent fans flitter and a light your looking $800/£1000
Might want to try save a few $ and look at kits.
From the above companies but its a big investment.
Buy well buy once is my best advice if growing is going to be your new indoor hobby.

Good morning Hawk.:ciao:
Hope your weekend is going well.
If you check under sponsors.
Everyone gets a discount.
I use @VIVOSUN exclusively.
Fantastic prices, next day delivery and top quality. :thumb:
I can pick some stuff out for you if you like.
Are you in the states?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

4x4 tent fans flitter and a light your looking $800/£1000
Might want to try save a few $ and look at kits.
From the above companies but its a big investment.
Buy well buy once is my best advice if growing is going to be your new indoor hobby.
Excellent advice, buy something that won’t give you problems. CL🍀

Welcome to 420 Mag Hawk. That's kind of a trick question. It all depends on how big you plan to grow your plants.
My neighbor has 4 plants in a 2x4 tent. He can't really train them to get big & bushy so they just grow straight upwards.
He'll still pull about 3 oz. per plant.
In my current grow, I'm only doing 1 plant in a 4x4 & it fills the whole tent. Long Veg time & Training required to do this.
355.JPG
359.JPG

Next grow I'll do 8 plants in a 4x4 tent. They will be much smaller. So it all depends on how big you want to grow your plants. My opinion is a 4x4 tent is pretty versatile & can be used to grow several different ways. You could even do a 30 plant SOG grow if you wanted to. The plant above is grown with a @ViparSpectra KS5000 grow light. It's 500 watts & does a great job.

As mentioned stain and pruning would be key to growing 4 plants in 4x4. Full spectrum, not blurple, 10 wats per square foot LED would be the MINIMUM needed to grow and get a yield worth your time. This is actual wats used. Generally, 1000 series light is 100wat actual, 1500 series light is 150wat actual and so on. Don't go by series, go by wat used. Two lower wat lights, spaced apart, can give more even light to the edges and reduce the center hot spot. When looking at PAR footprint, where two lights overlap, the PAR is roughly added together.

I started indoors with 2.5 square foot and florescent T12. When I up graded to 4x4 I use the 2.5 with "the new" T8s for clones and drying. Now I have a 12 x 8 LED room for flowers, 4x4 LED for veg, and 2.5 x 2.5 that flips for clone or drying. There is a repurposing path if you upgrading with decent equipment.

Back
Top Bottom