Lighting Options Quantum Boards Or Mars Pro

Hey, here is a good news about our 420 promotion.

10% off based on our official website: www.mars-hydro.com
You can use discount codes'Cathy" to get that price during 20th--22th in this month. We have never gave so big discount before . Paypal can be used our website. If you want to use card, pls email me, we will send you invoice to help you make the payment. My email: 420flower@mars-hydro.com

nice purchase. I do wish the hlg wasn't just a board of LEDs seems fragile to me, I'm a little scared to use it.
Many people use QB type boards. I don't see what is to be scared of. They seem to work great!!

Can you explain your apprehension of the lights?

for some reason I dont like the exposed diodes... its like a mistake waiting to happen for me LOL

Lenses reduce the amount of usable light. Anything the light must penetrate reduces spectrum/power. So any good horticulture light should have exposed LEDs or cobs. Unless you are looking for NEMA rated lights. Then you are out of the realm of home horticulture lighting.

Any light can be damaged or destroyed. Dropping, bending, spilling liquid, these things are not good for any light (unless rated NEMA 6 for liquid ingress).

I tend to think getting a better light for less money while doing some minor manual labor is a great thing.

But this is only my opinion.

Lenses reduce the amount of usable light. Anything the light must penetrate reduces spectrum/power. So any good horticulture light should have exposed LEDs or cobs. Unless you are looking for NEMA rated lights. Then you are out of the realm of home horticulture lighting.

Any light can be damaged or destroyed. Dropping, bending, spilling liquid, these things are not good for any light (unless rated NEMA 6 for liquid ingress).

I tend to think getting a better light for less money while doing some minor manual labor is a great thing.

But this is only my opinion.

yeah true but lenses are better at directing light towards your plants than a wall or a grow tent surface will ever be ... in my opinion... unless u want to set up an all mirror grow LOL

yeah true but lenses are better at directing light towards your plants than a wall or a grow tent surface will ever be ... in my opinion... unless u want to set up an all mirror grow LOL
Reflectors do that well....no need to penetrate a lens. Some of the bare LED boards can be fitted with reflectors....it adds a few dollars, but is quite easy.

But I just purchased a light with reflectors.... it was easier for me. I also have a cob setup.

any info on where to get lenses
i wouldn't mind directing my light a bit
I saw it somewhere....what kind of light do you have. The spacing on a QB type light is important.

The best deal I can find are not reflectors but are collimating lenses on eBay this is the information to search for.

10Pcs 60 degree Lens Reflector Collimator with Holder Set For 1w 3w 5w LED TO

But you need to know your LED spacing. You would need to measure it somehow.

Back
Top Bottom