Lighting Options Quantum Boards Or Mars Pro

I don't think you can get lenses for LM561C, but HLG have some reflector plate things that look like old ww2 fighter plane flaps :)
You can put cheap reflectors on there, but it's sort of a "glue" job. Not the ideal situation. I know you can find them, but the securing is the Achilles heel of the whole upgrade. But I think their spacing is quite tight, and the reflectors may not have space.

You can put cheap reflectors on there, but it's sort of a "glue" job. Not the ideal situation. I know you can find them, but the securing is the Achilles heel of the whole upgrade. But I think their spacing is quite tight, and the reflectors may not have space.

YIkes, I only want my trimming to be a glue job :)

And is it really worthwhile if we assume we have 288 diodes per 2x2 of space?

YIkes, I only want my trimming to be a glue job :)

And is it really worthwhile if we assume we have 288 diodes per 2x2 of space?

Ouch....hell no...... I wouldn't even worry about it with that number of diodes....just get the canopy in the 700 par range, and let it go.

(The reflectors wouldn't fit any how.....they are quite larger than the LEDs).

Ouch....hell no...... I wouldn't even worry about it with that number of diodes....just get the canopy in the 700 par range, and let it go.

(The reflectors wouldn't fit any how.....they are quite larger than the LEDs).
it's always nice to re direct light
a reflector that I could manually adjust would be a Godsend
I will get lights that shine sideways someday lol

it's always nice to re direct light
a reflector that I could manually adjust would be a Godsend
I will get lights that shine sideways someday lol

My first light that is going to end up a frankenlight is a LED reflector from China. A driver went out, so I'm going to convert it to a Mean well for half of the light (has more than one driver).

My new one is a triple cob.

I always go with a light with a reflector of some type. I like the light to have some angular drive to it. But I don't like lenses.....

you guys see the Solstrips yet? like QBs, but dual row strips, and 3 strips = 1 QB288, but cost is like $30SS to $130QB

192 diodes per $20, thats pretty dang good

you guys see the Solstrips yet? like QBs, but dual row strips, and 3 strips = 1 QB288, but cost is like $30SS to $130QB

192 diodes per $20, thats pretty dang good

Nice find @Mayne :goodjob:

Just checked them out and they seem decent if we can be sure they use S6 bin diodes.

More pressure on the market is good for us, and they offer a shape and some applications that differ from HLG and ChilLED. Not much is new but a little more variety is nice for DIY'ers/growers, decent prices too.
The shipping info is a bit unsettling with no info on international shipping and no flat rate shipping.
Also they should do some PPFD charts, but they're pretty new so it might all come down the road.

However, other than their red/blue strip (well, and partly the 2700K/5700K strip) they are no different from the original Samsung F-series gen3 strips which are cheaper per diode, and definitely S06 bin if not S07.
The biggest double row F-series strip (4') has 288 diodes, a single unit is $49,03 and 10 units are $417,42 from Digikey :)

And I feel like what I want is more red, not more blue or 5700K, if only Samsung made 90CRI strips :goodluck:

20180806_005937.jpg

Came across this thread while researching.

I ordered 2qb288v1 boards at 240w in 4000k today. I pretty much have no idea what I am doing but the Plan is to light 10ft² with that plus my old mars300. I should be in pretty good shape. Well.. Better shape than I was with a big 250w cfl and a couple hundred watts of little ones..

Everyone seems to love these qb's. Hopefully my sativas do too.

Back
Top Bottom