Lighting Questions for small grow

Eros770

I have 2 questions:

1. I was looking at reflector hoods. I saw a small clamp-on light that could support 300w. I plan on setting up a very small grow. I'm using 26w(100w) CFLs, the twist bulbs. When the hood says it supports 300 watts does it refer to the actual 26 watts of the CFL or the 100 watt regular bulb equivalent?

2. Like i said, I'm going to be using small CFL bulbs. i want to put more than 1 bulb in each hood. but the hood only has 1 screw in port for 1 bulb. Is there an attachment to convert one in port into 2 or more?

Not so much experience'd but since am trying to build up my post's am going to try and answer lol... am pretty sure those reflector hoods (if am correct are the ones that look like wings) have socket fittings that are ment for 600 max volts so no they wouldnt be the right fitting for your bulbs, but like I said I could be wrong. Why dont you buy the fitting socket and the wing reflector seperately?

For instance this one.. am sure there are some cheaper prizes if you browse Amazon.

Legrand-Pass & Seymour 128ICC10 Single to Twin Lampholder Adapter

1667446221258.png

Westinghouse 70108 6-Foot Cord Set with Snap-In Pigtail Candelabra-Base Socket and Cord Switch

1667446260163.png

Viavolt Budget 18 in. Bat Wing Reflector Light with 5KV Socket and Cord

1. It refers to the actual 26 Watts, the 100W is the equivalent to incandescent.

2. If u know basic circuit wiring: open the socket and remove it to expose the wires, hook up as many sockets as you plan on using, connect them in series and voila.

Get a second opinion though and some help with the wiring if you have doubts.

kim those links helped a lot. Thats not the hood i'm looking at but the socket and lighting wire are sick, Thanks!!!

CannaRebel thanks for the info on the watts. I dont know anything about wiring lol so i'm not guna be able to wire anything like that. But that was still very helpful.

Thanks for your in put!!!!!:thumb:

I have 2 questions:

1. I was looking at reflector hoods. I saw a small clamp-on light that could support 300w. I plan on setting up a very small grow. I'm using 26w(100w) CFLs, the twist bulbs. When the hood says it supports 300 watts does it refer to the actual 26 watts of the CFL or the 100 watt regular bulb equivalent?

2. Like i said, I'm going to be using small CFL bulbs. i want to put more than 1 bulb in each hood. but the hood only has 1 screw in port for 1 bulb. Is there an attachment to convert one in port into 2 or more?

Eros, the hood reflector you may be looking at should work as long as the socket fits cfl's or standard bulbs. ( Ones that do not require a separate ballast) I am currently growing with 26 watt cfl's and I was using as of today a 10" hood reflector clamp over each grow (found at local home improvement store). I used a "y" connector screwed into the hood reflector and placed two bulbs in the other end of the "y" connector, giving it 52 watts of actual with 200watts of illuminated light. I was doing this for the last three weeks. The only reason I took most of them down is I connected 2 "y" connectors into one and now have 4-26 watts with 1750 lumens(I think) each suspended over each grow, giving it 400 watts of illuminated watts ( 4 grows in a 32x32x62 grow tent). I also threw in a 3500K cfl 100 in there over one plant for a broader spectrum, I'm experimenting as this is my first grow. But check out -------'s thread on CFL light tutorial, he includes detail info/photos of connectors/hood reflectors and ideas on how to use them. Along with the threads How to grow Marijuana they include lighting requirement suggestions. :goodluck:

1. It refers to the actual 26 Watts, the 100W is the equivalent to incandescent.

2. If u know basic circuit wiring: open the socket and remove it to expose the wires, hook up as many sockets as you plan on using, connect them in series and voila.

Get a second opinion though and some help with the wiring if you have doubts.

I like it Canna! Make sure you know what your doing Eros, although it is basic in an electricians world, and you can look up how to do it properly. :thumb:

kim those links helped a lot. Thats not the hood i'm looking at but the socket and lighting wire are sick, Thanks!!!

CannaRebel thanks for the info on the watts. I dont know anything about wiring lol so i'm not guna be able to wire anything like that. But that was still very helpful.

Thanks for your in put!!!!!:thumb:

Np. I know where your coming from. I know people here try to help but sometimes its just to overwhelming lol... you know? like "make sure you add this wire" "don't forget to cut this wire" "make sure the wattage are same as volts or you will burn!" lol
and all you want to do is get started ASAP with your grow and take it step by step. But like Voltron said, theres lots of useful resource's on this website to follow just take your time and happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom