Like A Virgin

420-magazine-mobile61168976.jpg

There you go. Lots of light, directed the way it needs to be.

Grow my pretties, grow . . .

Puff Pass Pass -> -> ->

Well, last night was a bugger. Supposed to change the nutrients, but knee problems prevented that.

Today, the nutrients were changed and the kids have grown nicely, plus their roots have pushed themselves down to the reservoir.

420-magazine-mobile559988654.jpg

The new reflector (see earlier post for that) is working a treat. Thanks again to Mr Am4zin for his advice.

420-magazine-mobile866855631.jpg

The kids are settling in nicely, now the wait to see if they are all girls (at least the separation into individual pots will make it easier if there is a boy)

So, another week of patiently waiting, but the kids are being well behaved.

420-magazine-mobile1429561085.jpg

Puff Puff Pass -> -> ->

So, I discovered these little things called CO2 generators. It is amazing what you learn on this site .

So, I thought, do some research, research done, I have requested a CO2 generator kit for Father's Day.

In the meantime, I decided to bodgy one up.

420-magazine-mobile1077290422.jpg

Some reports say up to almost 15% growth increase. I won't say no . . .

Will keep you updated, let's hope it works.

Puff Puff Pass -> -> ->

It also allows the plants to tolerate higher temperatures but to get any benefit from the co2 you need more intense lighting. So yay to co2 but yay to more light also! . I like your setup though, you even have what looks like a micron mesh sock on the pump .

Growchy, cheers for the heads up re better lighting. I have considered all lighting options, but being in the situation I am, a sudden increase in electricity would set off alarm bells.

I am hoping the little CO2 device will help, I would love bigger lights, but they are in the future . . . Only time will tell.

Puff Puff Pass -> -> ->

OK! Exciting news. I had a little extra money at hand, so I had a little splurge.

I have purchased a 600W LED for the grow tent.

Currently I have the CFl and a 45W LED, but after some research and thinking, I decided I will look to move to straight out LED. Especially as the one I purchased has the veg and flower option switches.

Anyone with experience please advise me the best way to phase from the CFl to straight LED, or will I have to wait for my next crop to go this way? Also, anyone with experience with these lights. They do come recommended, so I a really hoping I haven't done my dough . . . I don't think I have ...

Puff Puff Pass -> -> ->

G'Day folks,

So, I thought it important that you get a newer photo of the kids, I am sure most would like an update.

420-magazine-mobile659686405.jpg

My only concern is the brown markings on Neville. If anyone can provide some information or ideas please.

I am like a kid at Christmas, waiting for the new ViparSpectra LED to arrive. I also have a proper CO2 generator kit (with pressure gauge and safety valve etc). If I am going o do it, I am going to try to do it properly.

Other than the brown markings, all the kids seem fine and happy.

Puff Puff Pass -> -> ->

G'Day folks,

So, I thought it important that you get a newer photo of the kids, I am sure most would like an update.

420-magazine-mobile659686405.jpg

My only concern is the brown markings on Neville. If anyone can provide some information or ideas please.

I am like a kid at Christmas, waiting for the new ViparSpectra LED to arrive. I also have a proper CO2 generator kit (with pressure gauge and safety valve etc). If I am going o do it, I am going to try to do it properly.

Other than the brown markings, all the kids seem fine and happy.

Puff Puff Pass -> -> ->
You'll dig the Viparspectra. I have the 300 and its pretty darn bright. Par readings have been impressive too.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your seedlings respond to the 600 model; I actually have a second led fixture from another manufacturer coming to bump me up to the 600 mark.

Loving your DIY too! Following.

You'll dig the Viparspectra. I have the 300 and its pretty darn bright. Par readings have been impressive too.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your seedlings respond to the 600 model; I actually have a second led fixture from another manufacturer coming to bump me up to the 600 mark.

Loving your DIY too! Following.

I expect it mid week. So excited .

Such a cool DIY setup, makes me want to build one. I am going to stick to soil for a bit but am excited about future grows with new media. I am subbed up for sure! :thumb:

I have that same light and I am super impressed by it. I haven't phased any plants into LED yet, I just grew them under it immediately. I could only give you an idea from what I have read. I am sure someone here has done it successfully. Anyways, I think treating it like any other light would work; give the plants some time under the LED and then turn it off. Increase the amount of time each day. If you have the time, check on them every now and then and gauge how long they can stay under the LED with no unhealthy signs. I did this exact thing when I added a 2nd LED(Viparspectra).

Back
Top Bottom