Longtime outdoors - first time in - I need a lil know how

Jacobsenji

Longtime outdoors, first time in. I need a lil know how
I am using CFLs, T5's and LEDs. 18-6. Can I turn off all but LEDs for six hours during cycle and what negative effects would or could this have ? I am aware of losing wattage and intensity output. Any knowledge is appreciated.
P.s. How in hell do you attach pics to posts ?

Re: Longtime outdoors, first time in. I need a lil know how

The top of the FAQ section has many sticky posts. One is called something like Photo Gallery guide...and explains how to load pics.

Lowering your light intensity during part of the day period will not be horrible but will slow growth. Done correctly that is about the only thing that will happen is slower growth. You may not notice it much if the percentage loss is not that much as it sounds like in your case.

I do have theories about reducing the intensity the last few days before the dark period though...

Good luck!

Hey mate here is the link to what you're asking regarding photos Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

In regards to lowering the intensity of your lights will only reduce your growth rate. Nothing to really worry about unless you're in a rush :) Hope this helped! Cheers

Hey man thanks for your much needed input. I was thinking along the same lines. Theories ? When u have time do tell.
I took a look at your journal, very nice. Nice work ! Thanks again

I was thinking that would be the case. Thanks for that other info too, Growlow.

0823151923b.jpg

0926151604a.jpg
:thumb:

0926151604a.jpg

So you asked...

Indoor lighting and heat break down and destroy the THCa and other stuff we like in the flowers. It is a well known and understood phenomena in many plants including cannabis that throughout the day these essential oils get burnt off and over night the plant builds them back up to defend itself during the day. It is just the cycle of how it works. So each day the resin gets burned back all the while it is growing more and at night it is just pumping out more building it back up.

It is a well understood common practice therefore to harvest after a dark period as the most potent time of the day is right before lights on. Most people will go so far as to have an extended dark period before harvest extending the last night period 48 or more hours to try and get that last push to top off the flowers.

My theory...

During the last 48 hours or so of actually lights on we are flushing. We should have "no" nutes in there and are not really doing any photosynthesis anymore and the thing is shutting down. I hypothesis that for the last 12 hours of light if we ran our illumination down to just enough that we maybe we might also improve (through reduced degradation) going into that last dark period.

But I am an idiot. I smoke too much.
:thumb:

Hello Jake from state farm!
I am happy to have found a grower who lives in the Newest England as I do. Listen to VI before you ever listen to me.. (disclaimer) I was concerned with out side temps rising and also keeping cost lower so in Veg I switched to 12-5-2-5. So most of the hot daytime I am lights off in both rooms. I do think it slows down on growth possibly a tiny bit but I usually have no issue's with plants waiting to go to flower. It is the bottleneck in flower that slows me down.

Welcome to the indoors. The regulation of it is great. Limits the uncontrollable s of NE weather.

:peace:

FE

Hahahahaha ! Far East Buds, dude my wife and I are laughing so hard right now ! So, we wake up a lil late this morn and we're just getting ready for the day after a shower and she says what you wanna wear today and I reply "Khakis". Not really so funny until I read your post this morning.
Thanks for the welcome words and knowledge. Heat was the issue among others as like money, wear and tear ect... Problem solved now though as of late last night. Sky lights and 60 inch double pane glass on three sides South facing. That should do the trick along with lighting, huh ?
Now if you'd be so kind as to clue me in on when I go into flower how light tight am I going to have to be ? Right now I am feeling like I may need to go extreme but I jis dunno ? Yet

Hahahahaha ! Far East Buds, dude my wife and I are laughing so hard right now ! So, we wake up a lil late this morn and we're just getting ready for the day after a shower and she says what you wanna wear today and I reply "Khakis". Not really so funny until I read your post this morning.
Thanks for the welcome words and knowledge. Heat was the issue among others as like money, wear and tear ect... Problem solved now though as of late last night. Sky lights and 60 inch double pane glass on three sides South facing. That should do the trick along with lighting, huh ?
Now if you'd be so kind as to clue me in on when I go into flower how light tight am I going to have to be ? Right now I am feeling like I may need to go extreme but I jis dunno ? Yet

Interesting... Natural light and Led's would mean that you would be running lights on for the hot part of the day. Good flow and or possibly need an AC unit if the area starts to get real hot. I have not experimented with flower times. Just the standard 12/12. Last year I was running HPS 600W and had heat issues. This year true 700W total LED. They do run cooler but I basically am running more. So far so good but really too early to tell with summer not here yet. Heat is the biggest thing in summer for indoor stuff...

keep up the positive vibes.

FE

I'm starting to realize this heat deal could be an issue in a couple of weeks. I have only been indoors since we moved here a month ago. I had to move into a real small area this morning and will be there until I have installed sky lights and glass in walls. Also going to vent outside through furnace exhaust. Maybe up and running by this coming weekend in new space. Still waiting for more LEDs on the nineteenth.
What I meant about light tight was during 12 dark for flower can a tiny bit of ambient light seep from behind blinds and heavy drapes ? Or do I have to seal it completely off from this light ? :thumb:

Oh yeah don't mind emojis and odd shit you see during my posts. I am completely new to chatrooms, blogs, forums and whatever else I have to do to pulls this off right. I am experimenting with this new aspect of my life. Last year this time my wife and I stayed on her parents land up to camp. No running water, no elec, no phone, Nada. Just greenry n us. Had a great harvest and got a house here where we are now. So now we are broke (bills are paid though) but happy. Bro I am biting at the bit right now to get this offa the ground. I despise getting from dispensary or Street (even though i know absolutely no one here) but for now it'll have to do. Feel me ? Hey man I sure do appreciate alla tha info you have shared.

I'm starting to realize this heat deal could be an issue in a couple of weeks. I have only been indoors since we moved here a month ago. I had to move into a real small area this morning and will be there until I have installed sky lights and glass in walls. Also going to vent outside through furnace exhaust. Maybe up and running by this coming weekend in new space. Still waiting for more LEDs on the nineteenth.
What I meant about light tight was during 12 dark for flower can a tiny bit of ambient light seep from behind blinds and heavy drapes ? Or do I have to seal it completely off from this light ? :thumb:

Indoors there can be zero light. Even a pinhole can cause nanners... or self pollinating.. If you have to you can put them "away" during lights out times if convenient for you...a closet etc.

Oh yeah don't mind emojis and odd shit you see during my posts. I am completely new to chatrooms, blogs, forums and whatever else I have to do to pulls this off right. I am experimenting with this new aspect of my life. Last year this time my wife and I stayed on her parents land up to camp. No running water, no elec, no phone, Nada. Just greenry n us. Had a great harvest and got a house here where we are now. So now we are broke (bills are paid though) but happy. Bro I am biting at the bit right now to get this offa the ground. I despise getting from dispensary or Street (even though i know absolutely no one here) but for now it'll have to do. Feel me ? Hey man I sure do appreciate alla tha info you have shared.

Sounds beautiful. I have a camp that sounds very similar to that and I frequent it. Keep at it.. you can grow very good stuff on a budget. Just have to work at it. I'd be glad to help a much as I can and am subbed so i will be checking in... keep posting..

FE

If you wanna go cheap...check out my journal in the link below in my signature. I run a program where you make very inexpensively a compost that is the "gold standard" for cannabis. When done correctly all you do is add water throughout the grow. Very cheap and easy maintenance free. No pHing water or any of the troubles that indoor growing throws at you. But you have to commit to growing a living soil for a few months.

I can in fact help you do a cheater start that does cost some money but is still cheaper then most methods and then the second grow the compost will be ready.

Your call bro. Just click my link and give a gander and if you like I will walk you through that.

I am mr. cheapo... except for lighting

I am doing only LEDs during day for multiple reasons. First, even though grow is South facing I have some trees close and the ladies won't get it good the way they deserve. So to comp I will use LEDs. Second, I like what I've read and heard about terps and tricks resulting from exposure to LEDs. Stinkier tha better. Third, last but not least, my LEDs are running very cool and I have great ventilation as well.

If you wanna go cheap...check out my journal in the link below in my signature. I run a program where you make very inexpensively a compost that is the "gold standard" for cannabis. When done correctly all you do is add water throughout the grow. Very cheap and easy maintenance free. No pHing water or any of the troubles that indoor growing throws at you. But you have to commit to growing a living soil for a few months.

I can in fact help you do a cheater start that does cost some money but is still cheaper then most methods and then the second grow the compost will be ready.

Your call bro. Just click my link and give a gander and if you like I will walk you through that.

I am mr. cheapo... except for lighting

Listen to this idiot!

FE

Back
Top Bottom