Help Needed! About How Much will I Harvest?

iStayloaded

This is my second grow. it is a clone ive taken from my first plant. i just need a lil help determining about how much will i harvest. this is going on the 4th week of flowering. i am also using 6 23w cfls a total of 138w and 10,500 lumens

Photo-00483.jpg
Photo-00474.jpg
Photo-00462.jpg
Photo-00413.jpg

Re: Help Needed!! About How Much will I Harvest?

Hopefully the buds will bulk up a lot for you.

Right now it couldnt be much more then a half oz.

why?

i dont have a camera and my phone takes sucky up-close photos but the buds are about the size of a half dollar coin (the main colas)

Relaxed, so because it's a clone you think that limits it to half an oz?

IMO, Since its a clone and not a mother plant, there won't be as much bud produced as if it were from seed. The environment/living conditions of the plant would dictate the overall yield, of course. But it depends on the genetics, some strains produce a lot more bud than others. It's really hard to tell how much you will yield off your plant, especially since not many buds have formed yet. But I think that a half ounce dried would not be a bad estimate. Like I said, it's hard to tell right now. Be patient, and the reward will be great.:420:

~RL

Hi mate, your plant looks like its not that small, and once it starts to build more buds you should get couple oz off her IMO.. Your girl looks kind of similar to my current grow, but mines still in veg. And you look to have a fair few tops there, so hope they swell alot for you over the next month.. What is the rough length of flower period for your strain?
Goodluck and Happy Harvesting.. Smokemup;)

Hi mate, your plant looks like its not that small, and once it starts to build more buds you should get couple oz off her IMO.. Your girl looks kind of similar to my current grow, but mines still in veg. And you look to have a fair few tops there, so hope they swell alot for you over the next month.. What is the rough length of flower period for your strain?
Goodluck and Happy Harvesting.. Smokemup;)

i dont know the strain. the clone was taken from a bagseed. but she's been in flower for 3weeks since hairs showed

IMO, Since its a clone and not a mother plant, there won't be as much bud produced as if it were from seed.

That is just not true, in fact my clones are doing better than the progenitor!! ... and for example this image is a third generation clone with no mother meaning it is a clone of a clone of a clone. Wait till you see S4 Girl she is even better!!!!

DSC_8974_S3_Girl.jpg

A clone should do what the mother plant did. I would guess if you are using the same setup and grow style, your yield should be about the same as last time.

Well, being exact genetic copies, and given a proper environment - similar quality and yield does make sense. Just for some reason thought it would be more logical for a mother plant from seed to generally yield more than a clone, but I guess not.

Cloning takes a lot of patience, good job guys!
Happpy Harvesting !:thumb:

i appreciate all who help out. I wish i had a decent camera to show u guys up-close pics. She's producing some nice frosty and hairy buds. she also have a fruity/lemony smell..

Well, being exact genetic copies, and given a proper environment - similar quality and yield does make sense. Just for some reason thought it would be more logical for a mother plant from seed to generally yield more than a clone, but I guess not.

Cloning takes a lot of patience, good job guys!
Happpy Harvesting !:thumb:

What you are thinking of Lee is seeds will typically grow about 20% bigger then its clones will. Yes the clones are genetic copies. But when a seed first starts out it is extremely vigorous. The cloning process takes away some of that vigor is all.

The actual bud size should be somewhat the same. Its just the plant from seed will be slightly bigger so it will have more nodes.

However this trait is somewhat offset since a really good mother plant is often the strongest and largest plant out of tens or even hundreds of plants from seed. So a good mother was already genetically superior compared to her brothers and sisters. Therefore a clone from a good mother should outproduce an average seedling from the same parents as the mother.

no way does it limit it cos its a clone i`ve had superb clones . remeber they are EXACTLY the same as the mother , identical genetics will always grow the same.

no difference betwenn clone and seed , except you CAN gurantee its a female , if the mother was female of course. And you can keep going for generations if you like that strain. I have had 20 clones so far from 3 original plants and will just keep going as long as I can. Mind you I will plant new seeds in march 2013 as well , just to try something different from Bubble gum which I got now and is vwery good.

no way does it limit it cos its a clone i`ve had superb clones . Remeber they are EXACTLY the same as the mother , identical genetics will always grow the same.

Same structure yes. Same vigor no.

Same structure yes. Same vigor no.

I agree mine are doing MUCH better that the original ... wait for pics of S4 Girl!!! It is BUNK that they don't have as much "vigor"

I very much agree with you , they are the same as their mothers are. and NO lack of vigour. The ONLY difference is because they have not grown from seed they dont get the anti bodies that go with that stage or disease resistence is a better term . You just have to take extra care with any diseases getting into your grow and the best way to do that is to keep evrything clean and well aired etc.I am a big fan of clones, they contain ALL the gentics you need for a strain that you want to keep so why not ?

Back
Top Bottom