Look like Worms in my RockWool Help!

Ive planted 4 seeds in rockwool and put them in the humidity dome with heating pad. today 2 of the seedlings surfaced. One of the seedlings leaves were wide open a couple hours I check back on them and the leaves had closed back and I noticed a yellowish brown mark under one of the leaves. Also the tip of the leaves are turning a bluish hue, almost looks black. I opened the dome and I see black dots and curled up worms. How do I get rid of this problem and will my seedling make it threw this? HElP!!!!

All I can say is to hand-eradicate all you can, clean your entire area , and start over. Be lucky and happy it happened this early, and now you can prepare.

My first grow and harvest was impacted by small burrowing worms. They burrowed up and inside the hallowed out stems. They crawled through each major cola and laid eggs, and lay hidden in the nooks and crannies, and caverns. It becomes like a worm fortress/castle. They begin to feed off the trichomes and thrive. I'm glad I salvaged what I could when I could.

But be happy that this happened early, and not later. But its possible your seedling could make it though it. They are able to deal with a lot of stress. Worms suck!

:420:
~RL

All I can say is to hand-eradicate all you can, clean your entire area , and start over. Be lucky and happy it happened this early, and now you can prepare.

My first grow and harvest was impacted by small burrowing worms. They burrowed up and inside the hallowed out stems. They crawled through each major cola and laid eggs, and lay hidden in the nooks and crannies, and caverns. It becomes like a worm fortress/castle. They begin to feed off the trichomes and thrive. I'm glad I salvaged what I could when I could.

But be happy that this happened early, and not later. But its possible your seedling could make it though it. They are able to deal with a lot of stress. Worms suck!

:420:
~RL[/QUOTE

Thanks. I already lost one plant and I don't want to lose any more. I wash the whole humidity dome out and cleaned out the rockwool. Hopefully that worked. It seems like its oing to have a slow growth or maybe its because its not under direct light. I'm stuck btween taken hem out of the humidity dome and plcin them in soil or hydro system or keepin them in the dome until roots start to show? How do I water them in the dome tho? Should I give certain nuts? Or should I just let them rock out as is? A lot of question I know but its my first time using the dome

Its up to you, they're still young life-forms. If they have the little green starter leaves (chlorophyll pigments), then it will be able to initiate photosynthesis. If that's the case, it might do better to release them in to the "real world" Not sure if your doing indoor/outdoor. Def. Don't give nutes until its definitely into vegetation phase.

If I were you, I'd put them into soil, and relax.

Good luck with those!

Back
Top Bottom