Looking for a clamp on oscillating fan recommendation

Rickstertp

I bought a vivosun clamp on fan that worked great for one grow and now is dead. I took it apart and oiled the bushings of the motor and it worked for two more days and then slowly died. Looking at reviews on Amazon it seems it is a common occurrence. The only other one I've seen is from Secret Jardin and it gets similar reviews with many people getting only a few weeks or months.

Does anyone have a recommendation to one that actually will last? Any other suggestions for a 2x4 tent oscillating fan?

I bought a "For Living Desk Fan with Clip, Black, 6-in" for $15 at Canadian tire store... It works great and has two speed settings to choose from, plus if you don't want to use the clip you can set up the base part instead. Its been running great going on 4 months non stop now and no issues so far. I had another one that lasted 3yrs... :)

I bought a "For Living Desk Fan with Clip, Black, 6-in" for $15 at Canadian tire store... It works great and has two speed settings to choose from, plus if you don't want to use the clip you can set up the base part instead. Its been running great going on 4 months non stop now and no issues so far. I had another one that lasted 3yrs... :)

Thanks for that, but I don't think that is an oscillating fan. Anyone else have a recommendation?

Took a tip from the forum, not sure where the post is so I apologize for not giving credit but this isn't my idea... buy a tablet microphone stand on Amazon for like $10 and clips easily to tent poles, then put your fan in there. I got one and it's great, no more fans sliding down or trying to get the right angle with an upside down clipped fan. You can use any fan on these, doesn't have to have a clip so you have way more options.

Took a tip from the forum, not sure where the post is so I apologize for not giving credit but this isn't my idea... buy a tablet microphone stand on Amazon for like $10 and clips easily to tent poles, then put your fan in there. I got one and it's great, no more fans sliding down or trying to get the right angle with an upside down clipped fan. You can use any fan on these, doesn't have to have a clip so you have way more options.
This is what you're talking about.

I just went for a slim tower fan, it's 80cm if I need to I will sit it on something to raise it high enough for the canopy top.
From what I can see most of the clip on oscillating fans don't last.
I agree with this it's the best option I have gotten a tower fan and it's been a lot easier to deal with and if its taking up real estate in the tent you can always use rope rachets to keep it up like your lights.

blizzard fan.jpg

These work OK and are articulating. They don't last forever but "pretty good not too bad" as I like to say. Do not hang them upside down though or the articulation lever will break. They're 2 speed as well.
Mounting can be an issue and that laptop thing seems to work ok I guess. What I would do is measure my tent tubing and let's say it's a 3/4" tube Take a short piece of 2x2 and drill a 3/4" hole in the center of one side then split that 2x2 in half right through the hole, line the 2 concaves (the hole) with fine sandpaper and screw that together over your tent pole, mount a small sheet of plywood onto that and bolt your fan onto that platform. The sandpaper will hold that sucker on tight.

I've 2 of these on platforms but I don't have a tent, my platforms were easier to mount.

Back
Top Bottom