Looking for a diagnosis

SleepIsWrong

Any ideas as to what is going on with this plant?

I haven't been around in a minute or two. This is a single Chocolope plant growing in a home mix of soil in a 10-gallon fabric pot. The soil mix is 4 parts leafgrow, 2 parts peatmoss, 1 part vermiculite and 1 part pearlite. I have two Rspec 1000 lights currently about 20 inches above the tops. It is a 30" x 24" tent. She's in her 11th week of flowering. I use the Fox Farm nutrients and follow their schedule.

I had two thoughts about it. My first thought was light burn, but not all of the upper leaves have the brown crusty leaves - they seem to be randomly scattered around, other than those onderneath the canopy. I did move the lights up a bit to see if that was the problem. My next thought was a Ca-Mg deficiency. I give her 5ml/gallon each time I feed. The past two feedings I've adjusted pH to be a bit higher than normal. I usually feed at pH=6.1-6.4 - but the past two feedings have been at pH = 6.7 to try to help Ca-Mg uptake.

I'm basically right at the point of harvesting; trichomes are turning amber, most are cloudy. Maybe it's time for a pre-harvest flush then cut? Or just cut?

Ideas welcome! As always, thanks for any help.

Sleepy

Just want to point out that you should be aiming for 6.3 pH in soil, - 6.7 reduces uptake by reducing the amount of time the plant has access to it while in range. That said, I agree with Emilya that you appear to have a salt lockout.

Here at the 11th hour so to speak, you can choose whichever path as it isn't going to change much at this point, depending on just how long you intend(ed) to keep it growing. If you are wanting to keep it going for a while, then a flush would probably help keep it from going further south at least. If your plan is to cut soon, then it's less of a worry.

Thank you everyone! So flush it is. Now, my felt bag pot is 10 gallons - so 30 gallons to flush. Should I try to pour all that water slowly or just dump it in and let it drain? I also have FF Bushwhacker - I was thinking since my water jug is 3 gallons to use the Bushhwacker for jugs 1, 5, and 10? (it will take 10 jugs to equal 30 gallons)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom