Looking for a drip watering system but which Halos?

Hi, i think about to try out a automatic watering system via Drip system but which one are the best and where to buy it?

there are no short cuts. about 100% of gravity drip systems suck.

if you pump you might as well just run dwc / rdwc, or flood and drain. if you run spaghetti lines you can top feed from a pump, but you still have to deal with runoff etc. used to feed 200 plants off a pump and lines.

even sub-irrigated and passive systems require constant monitoring and upkeep. if you are having trouble with feeding / watering now, an automatic system won't help. as growers we have to understand the rhythm of the plant first. it's always best to learn how to grow the plant before jumping on to new gear and techniques.

systems getting high marks would include :

autopots - automated gravity fed bottom water system. bunch of growers are on them. various degrees of success. requires buying a system. coco is the most common media in an autopot. needs monitoring of the res similar to active dwc / rdwc.

hempy - hand fed passive hydro in straight perlite or other passive media. was a thing for about 2 minutes a couple years ago. easy to run once figured out. can feed literally on a set schedule once rolling. cheapest system ever. 100% diy dollar store. full disclosure - i've been running hempy a few yrs now.

sips - sub-irrigated plant system. been around a few years in various forms, recently re-vamped, has become the flavor of the day. somewhat similar to hempy, but bottom fed by hand. usually a coco or soil(less) media, with a layer of perlite or other 'air gap', built around an open res. can be top fed as well as sub fed, grows monster plants, and has a fantastic support thread here. can buy the gear cheap enough, but most diy it.

there are no short cuts. about 100% of gravity drip systems suck.

if you pump you might as well just run dwc / rdwc, or flood and drain. if you run spaghetti lines you can top feed from a pump, but you still have to deal with runoff etc. used to feed 200 plants off a pump and lines.

even sub-irrigated and passive systems require constant monitoring and upkeep. if you are having trouble with feeding / watering now, an automatic system won't help. as growers we have to understand the rhythm of the plant first. it's always best to learn how to grow the plant before jumping on to new gear and techniques.

systems getting high marks would include :

autopots - automated gravity fed bottom water system. bunch of growers are on them. various degrees of success. requires buying a system. coco is the most common media in an autopot. needs monitoring of the res similar to active dwc / rdwc.

hempy - hand fed passive hydro in straight perlite or other passive media. was a thing for about 2 minutes a couple years ago. easy to run once figured out. can feed literally on a set schedule once rolling. cheapest system ever. 100% diy dollar store. full disclosure - i've been running hempy a few yrs now.

sips - sub-irrigated plant system. been around a few years in various forms, recently re-vamped, has become the flavor of the day. somewhat similar to hempy, but bottom fed by hand. usually a coco or soil(less) media, with a layer of perlite or other 'air gap', built around an open res. can be top fed as well as sub fed, grows monster plants, and has a fantastic support thread here. can buy the gear cheap enough, but most diy it.

Hi, I grow for many year's with very success... Coco for years know and the last System are ebb and flood but the problem was the water run back in the reservoir not good water was not clear after 4 day's ebb flood maybe better with rockwool and Pepples. I belive a drip system will work fine with me

Hi, I grow for many year's with very success... Coco for years know and the last System are ebb and flood but the problem was the water run back in the reservoir not good water was not clear after 4 day's ebb flood maybe better with rockwool and Pepples. I belive a drip system will work fine with me

i like the flood tables. 3 - 4 days sounds right, that's about how often we replaced the res.

an active watering system is finicky to diy. i've done a couple using commercial manifolds and equal measured spaghetti lines to ensure feeding portion. the issue becomes not every plant uses at the same rate. it does shorten the labour of hand watering if you have a pile of plants though.

edit : nothing was a fill and walk away solution. the flood table was far better at that overall.

that system looks like a baby version of the ones we put together. you can do that way cheaper with off the shelf garden irrigation stuff. i've done a cheap rdwc system with the exact same set up as pictured.

it'll work to a degree. i just don't know if it'll do what you want.

manifold and lines :

full

that system looks like a baby version of the ones we put together. you can do that way cheaper with off the shelf garden irrigation stuff. i've done a cheap rdwc system with the exact same set up as pictured.

it'll work to a degree. i just don't know if it'll do what you want.

manifold and lines :

full
That's it???

So a Pump and the Tubes? What is in the Middle?

i like the flood tables. 3 - 4 days sounds right, that's about how often we replaced the res.

an active watering system is finicky to diy. i've done a couple using commercial manifolds and equal measured spaghetti lines to ensure feeding portion. the issue becomes not every plant uses at the same rate. it does shorten the labour of hand watering if you have a pile of plants though.

edit : nothing was a fill and walk away solution. the flood table was far better at that overall.

The think with Flood system is its going back in the reservoir with Coco its not so good lot off stuff coming back in the reservoir not good. I can try rockwool but i don't know i never try it.

The think with Flood system is its going back in the reservoir with Coco its not so good lot off stuff coming back in the reservoir not good. I can try rockwool but i don't know i never try it.
No need to recirculate with coco, set it to a minimal run to waste
Bluter has shown you some standard pipes and a manifold available from any garden centre - that is what I use too
If you are wanting to flood/drain in a bucket to a res, use pebbles or perlite

No need to recirculate with coco, set it to a minimal run to waste
Bluter has shown you some standard pipes and a manifold available from any garden centre - that is what I use too
If you are wanting to flood/drain in a bucket to a res, use pebbles or perlite

But i didn't need something for water pressure? A big pvc tube? Just a garden tube and some spaghetti tubes with a dripper?

That's why I asked about gravity fed system or pumped

Gravity fed dripper is great in coco as the coco disperses the dripped water evenly by capillary action
A pumped flood and drain recirculates the res/run off from perlite/pebbles every 1/2 hour or so

Different systems - I've done Ebb/Flow in clay pebbles, NFT in coco but now use a gravity fed drip with occasional hand flood, ie run to waste

That's it???

So a Pump and the Tubes? What is in the Middle?

i have a pump and hard line

full

the pump goes inside the bucket. the manifold and lines go on the top

full

full

the coco shouldn't really make a difference. there's loads of guys running coco or hp in flood and drain.

That's why I asked about gravity fed system or pumped

Gravity fed dripper is great in coco as the coco disperses the dripped water evenly by capillary action
A pumped flood and drain recirculates the res/run off from perlite/pebbles every 1/2 hour or so

Different systems - I've done Ebb/Flow in clay pebbles, NFT in coco but now use a gravity fed drip with occasional hand flood, ie run to waste

Gravity Drip have you Infos? The think is i have a 50 liter of coco so but also Pepples i will empty my coco first bevore i try Pepples. Know i think how i can water then simple and effective

Gravity fed drip is very simple - it is a PVC bag that holds 10L of water suspended outside the tent at the top
There is an outlet at the bottom of the bag to attach tubing which you cut to whatever length
The adjustable drippers plug into the end of the tube in series - I use 3 in a 10L pot and clip them to the edge - for smaller pots, 1 dripper per pot is fine in coco
It means watering is simply topping up the PVC bag, don't even have to open the tent or bend over
10L waters a 10L pot for about 5 days or more so even a short vacation is no problem
No pumps, no electrics, no timers, no managing reservoir - nothing

Gravity fed drip is very simple - it is a PVC bag that holds 10L of water suspended outside the tent at the top
There is an outlet at the bottom of the bag to attach tubing which you cut to whatever length
The adjustable drippers plug into the end of the tube in series - I use 3 in a 10L pot and clip them to the edge - for smaller pots, 1 dripper per pot is fine in coco
It means watering is simply topping up the PVC bag, don't even have to open the tent or bend over
10L waters a 10L pot for about 5 days or more so even a short vacation is no problem
No pumps, no electrics, no timers, no managing reservoir - nothing
Tutorial for this?

Back
Top Bottom