Losing My Grow Virginity

N51 Aliyah and Paige, N40 Winona, N10 Jane, Purple Kush AUto is in soil and I half ass attempted to clone off of a new shoot of Aliyah. It was just undergrowth I plucked off but there was surely 2 nodes. I don't have root juice so I experimented with something to see if it would work on developing a root.

Aliyah and Paige each got a soak tonight. I wet Winona's whistle with a moderate soak on Wednesday night. Jane is developing her first pair of true leaves. I also received the 2x4. I am still waiting on my Mars 300 to show. I will pair two Mars 300 in the 2x4 and move my roleandro to the 2x2 most likely. Sadly I think I may have to shift away from the trunk. My yield goals will require me to have the plants stretch outward and up a bit. I know If I had a small bushy indica I could easily grow in the trunk. I think I will leave the fans and the design but just hijack the light for now. I could end up using the trunk to assist with the drying and curing process as well. THat may end up being the fate of the trunk after all...

Here are some photos of the girls.

Aliyah is developing a significant amount of pistols. She is a beauty to stare at. Once I properly address the yellowing fan leaves I can course correct her path to success.
FullSizeRender_2_42.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_32.jpg

FullSizeRender129.jpg

Paige
FullSizeRender_3_31.jpg

FullSizeRender_5_18.jpg

Winona is showing improvement
IMG_195027.JPG

IMG_194927.JPG

(Never mind the camera filter and lighting. It is the perfect shade of green not light green)

Family photo
IMG_194818.JPG

I sincerely believe my going bonkers with the foliar spray last weekend is what damaged these plants so severely. Even Paige is showing nute burns and she is usually nitrogen rich and dark green. Aliyah probably got nuked harder than even Winona but Winona went from gorgeous to droopy and angry with yellowing starting.

You can use honey if you don't have any clone gel or powder. I would only water for a few waters and let it get nice and dry in between before adding any more nutrients. You just transplanted them and you have stressed them out from the spray. They will be fine though. You have to add CalMag though right? have you got a ppm reading of your water after boiling it? I hope you figure it out buddy. Just brainstorming what it could be.

5.22.16 - N54 Aliyah (AceMix), Paige (PowerPlant), N43 Winona (WhiteWidow Auto), N13 Jane (2046), Purple Kush Auto still has not truly broken soil.

The PK cork screwed and was stuck under a heavier piece of soil and wasn't stretching tall. Her root hasn't really done what it needs to so this may be the second PK Auto to germ but not take root. We will see what becomes of her. I may end up popping another white widow auto if this PK Fails.

Jane got an additional soak. I will continually watch her drain holes for signs of roots so I know when to transplant; she will go straight to a 5 gallon pot to reduce the number of times I stress her during growth. As soon as the fourth node clears the second set of true leaves I am going to top her as well as begin super cropping or LST depending on her growth rates.

Aliyah has some bondage to keep the main cola from dominating the spot light. Paige is looking well and is going to start stretching the moment I flip the lights. I have decided these girls will both go to 60 days old before I flip. I will probably run the flower tent for at least 12 weeks I suspect to get a larger yield out of them. Once I get better at this I know I can start experimenting with techniques to efficient veg/flower times while still getting good yield and potency. For me the potency is the top priority, while yield is a luxury. A longer flower should help season the trichomes some.

Winona is looking well. I will hold off to give her a decent soak until tomorrow night; I want to avoid over watering as she has a lot of pot left to stretch into. Last night and tonight I continued my super cropping to ensure the canopy is even. If all goes well she should begin her flowering on her own once her roots hit the wall of the fabric. I am contemplating flipping the light to 20/4 instead of 18/6 at the same time I change the flower tent. I have heard that some gradually change the light hours for photo period instead of just changing it but I am not sure if that is how I will do it. Pro -input would be greatly appreciated on that field.

Aliyah with some LST
AliyahLST1.JPG

Paige
Paige.JPG

paigecola.JPG

Winona
winona.JPG

Jane
Jane16.JPG

Purple Kush Auto (Paula 2)
pk211.JPG

PK2cork.JPG

5.24.16 quickie update:
N56 Aliyah and Paige, N45 Winona, N15 Jane, N2 Winona2

Aliyah and Paige will likely get a moderate soak on the evening of 5/26 depending on how light they feel. The evening of 5/28 Aliyah and Paige will both be 60 days old and that is when I am planning on flipping the lights to 12/12. I am pretty excited to see how they respond to the flower signaling.

Winona is beginning to develop some pistols finally. I took her most dominant cola about three nodes down and trimmed a piece that could be a viable clone. I do not have a cloner and the 2L cola bottles are almost not wide enough to make a mini green house. I know that clones really really like their moisture so if I want her clone to survive I should consider maybe a plastic bag with holes poked in it to place over the top and trap some of the humidity in the soil. I dabbed a small amount of honey on the stem where I am hoping it will take root. The perky little clone has already had some withering so this experiment could go either way really. I am going about the whole cloning thing fairly half-cocked if I do say so myself. If it works out we have a ghetto way to clone your plants and if not then at least the canopy is more even.

Jane is 15 days old and her roots were just reaching the drainage holes. I went to transplant her into the larger 5 gallon pot, however I realized I am out of dirt! She is in the 5 gallon, but it is something like 75% full. I used a combination of perlite, ocean forest and happy frog. This soil is probably 35/40% happy frog which is a bit denser than I like but hopefully I won't have to water as frequently with slightly less drainage until it is time for flowering. I moistened the soil in the new pot and added cal mag as well as Mykos. Jane had an impressive root ball but once again I failed to capture this with pictures.

The purple kush auto was a dud, hence why I had a spare cup of soil for the "clone" experiment. So I am officially 0 for 2 on the PK autos. Its a bummer but they were promo freebie seeds. I know I still have much to learn. I am a Cannabis growing Force Adept on my way to the Padawan Trials. I am not yet a Jedi Knight like many of you but I think these two seeds may have just been a bad batch (that's my cop-out at least).

I noticed I have been saturating my journal with photo bombs and this isn't showing the growth/progress of the girls as dramatically as I would like. I am going to try to post pictures no more than twice a week unless there is weird timing where upcoming changes intersect.

I will follow up in a couple of days, until then happy blazing and thank you everyone who is along for the ride
:thanks:

5.28.16 PM update
N60 Aliyah(AceMix)+Paige(Powerplant),
N49 Winona(WhiteWidowAuto)
N19 Jane (2046)

I want to begin by stating the clone experiment failed. I donated her dirt to Jane's Pot.
IMG_197628.JPG

Jane is 19 days old and I decided today would be a good time to top her. I am hoping I FIM'd her to get her branchy and wide early. If I let her do her thing I would have a 6 ft tall christmas tree in a matter of months. The 2046 is known to reach 3 meters outdoors so I clearly have to manage the height. She also got moved to share a bunk with Wnona. Since Jane got moist soil from transplanting three nights ago I will plan to give her a soak in three nights. Here she is.
IMG_198026.JPG

Winona had not been watered for six days and was showing some droop. I gave her a good moderate soak of water + Cal-Mag and even gave her a small taste of FF nutes 1/4 concentrated which included Big Bloom, Bembe, Open sesame. I am hoping she begins to flower soon. Both Winona and Aliyah got this treatment.But first here is Winona in the tent.
IMG_198134.JPG

Aliyah is developing pretty pistols and is evening out the canopy with the help of the LST.
Here she is.
IMG_197928.JPG

IMG_197733.JPG

IMG_197828.JPG

Paige got a soak last night 5/27. She is looking much happier and perkier. I also think she is beginning her stretch thanks to swtiching the lights over on 5/26 in the early morning.
Here she is.
IMG_198228.JPG

There is nothing quite like getting high with good company while listening to Riders on the Storm by the Doors.

Well its that time again - time to update the ole' journal.

6/2 PM - 6/3 early AM

I have no expectations on yields but I am eager to see how much dry weight I harvest from all four girls.

I have a suspicion Jane will grow to the the biggest; she is on night 24 and has already spread and stretched a fair amount. I had soaked Jane on Tuesday night 5/31 and I even topped her. She has responded well. She should be due for water again around 6/7 PM/

The eldest three all had some defoliation/ lolli-popping done in order to have them focus on the upper echelon of flowers.

Winona is on night 54 and still hasn't quite flowered but is showing signs she may soon. She was soaked a week ago but had mild, diluted nutes when I watered and gave nutes to Aliyah on 5/29.

Aliyah and Paige are both on night 65. It is really cool to see Aliyah progress like she is. I may wait until I see a tad of droop to give Aliyah another round of water and mild nutes per how she currently seems.

I am thinking that Paige gets mild, diluted nutrients and some water around the edges tonight but Winona can get plain water tonight. Again I reiterate that Aliyah can hold off for a bit on water/nutes for a day or so most likely to dry a bit more.

Here are some pictures of the girls

Paige
Paigepostlollipop.JPG

Aliyah
AliyahpostLolli.JPG

Winona
WinonaSide.JPG

WinonaLolli.JPG

Jane
JaneSide.JPG

Jane17.JPG

Auto Tent
AutoTent.JPG

Also, I want to take a moment to thank everyone for following along so far. It has been quite a learning experience so far and I have high hopes for the future :thumb:

6/14 Update
N75 Aliyah and Paige, N64 Winona, N34 Jane

This past weekend I had gone camping so I preemptively watered all four girls. I came back to find the temperatures got much higher than I like (90*) and the humidity, heat and potential over-watering may have shocked Winona and Paige. They are both now in the little tent together. The wilt is discouraging for Paige and Winona both but the new growth is all a nice dark green. I will let them dry well for the next few days and give them a small drink at that point.

I spoke with someone at Ace Seeds and identified that Aliyah is most likely a Banghi Haze but could also be an Oriental Express with Vietnamese Influence in flower. Either way I am enjoying her structure and resin development. At 75 days I have her LST to the pot to keep the canopy even. Aliyah will continue to give her super-diluted (25% potency) of whatever it recommends by the week. Until a couple of weeks prior to harvest then just mild amounts of water to assist the dry and flush period. I am running her no more than a month more. She will be roughly a 100-105 day plant by my current trajectory.

Jane has grown quite a bit so now I am moving her to the photo tent so she can begin blooming. Jane can technically begin nutrients as well but I want to start very light with her since she already is large and spread with a dark green coloring. I want her to use some of the nitrogen now in the soil so I don't burn her starting next week. She will get plain water this evening.

Aliyah
Aliyah.JPG

Jane
Jane19.JPG

Paige
Paige1.JPG

Winona
Winona1.JPG

I forgot to mention that last Wednesday night the three eldest were lollipopped. Aliyah was the only one who really responded well but again didn't get potentially over-watered.

6/17 PM update:
N79 Paige and Aliyah
N68 Winona
N37 Jane

Paige and Winona each got a moderate soak of plain filtered water. They are both still looking pretty bad but there is still green growth on the plants. There is a chance they bounce back from this. I may try to get a liter of lemonade, allow it to go flat and then give them each a liter of it to see if this old trick actually works or not. I cannot recall who suggested that with the Things earlier in the journal.

Jane has managed to grow more surface area than Aliyah and even Winona (pre-wilt). She is stretching tall and spreading wide like a shrub thanks to double topping her.

Aliyah is looking great as well. The resin is staring to develop and the buds are filling in the spaces between the nodes. I think I will back build her but I am unsure of when the best moment to do it will be. As I said earlier in the week I think I am running her to 105 days but I will let the trichomes be the indicator rather than just pre determining when to harvest. I am going to pick up a +30x microscope or jeweler's loupe that will have an LED attachment to see clearly how clear, milky or amber the trichs are.

Here are some photos of Aliyah and Jane from night 80 (last night) for your viewing pleasure.
image110061.JPG

image210045.JPG
image37094.JPG
image41043.JPG
image51034.JPG
image61023.JPG
image71019.JPG

Aliyah Night 90

She just got 25% concentration of the Week 12 fox Farm feeding schedule. Roughly 1/16th of a tsp of Cha Ching, 1 tsp of Bembe, 1 tsp of Big Bloom and 1/3 tsp of Tiger Bloom were mixed into 1 gal of filtered tap. I slowly added this into Aliyah's pot at about a quart at a time with 5 minutes between each water saturation. I am letting her dry out in the tub for a half hour before returning to the tent.

On 7/9, night 98 I will give her just a light flush and let her dry out. I will be harvesting her between 7/14 and 7/19. I may or may not have my microscope by then but just in case I am running her to at least 105, possibly upwards of 110 or more days. At this point I will harvest the branches to wash my buds with the lemon juice and baking soda diluted-in-water mix and then a light rinse in RO water.

I will immediately hang her to dry in the smaller tent which will have the lights off and mild airflow from the hurricane fan. The humidity and temp have been stable around 72 degrees and 60% humidity. I will hang her for a few days until the small stems are stiffening and no longer bendy before moving her into jars. I will at that point I will cure between 1 and 3 weeks. She will be the official first plant that I harvest and weigh.

Here are few pictures:

IMG_206730.JPG

Nutes used tonight
IMG_206827.JPG

whole plant shot
IMG_207327.JPG

This is a small popcorn up close

7.2.16 Update

Jane is 50 days old. I gave her a 25% concentrated week 7 Fox Farms feeding schedule. I used the same technique that I had with Aliyah in slowly adding the full gallon of mixture in several rounds and allowing the pot to drain for a half hour before returning to the tent. Jane also got tied down to even the canopy and add support to her main stem. She has already started showing some early flower and I have several bud sites coming out of her.

Here are pictures from 6.26.16 prior to LST:

FullSizeRender136.jpg

IMG_206023.JPG

I have one in gray scale so you can actually see the plant and one with the light on.

Here are some from tonight so you can see the difference:
IMG_207424.JPG

IMG_207925.JPG

IMG_208123.JPG

IMG_208222.JPG

Back in the tent.

Tonight I chopped down Aliyah at 106 days old. I have been steadily allowing her to dry out and cannibalize her fan leaves. I last gave her a light topsoil wetting five nights ago. I haven't bothered to take her wet weight since cutting her down. I am hanging her in the auto tent upside down in larger branches on hangers. I plan to leave her in the tent like this for the next week if possible. Once she gets crispy on the outside and the little branches try to snap when bent I will finish manicuring and then I will place the flower into pint sized Ball jars.

The soil was donated to a large black plastic storage container; this also has the dirt from Winona and Paige's pot contents as well. I may try to recycle this soil for future girls.

Here are some photos of her from earlier this week and tonight:
IMG_214021.JPG

IMG_213922.JPG

FullSizeRender137.jpg

FullSizeRender_3_33.jpg

IMG_213327.JPG

IMG_213224.JPG

FullSizeRender_1_34.jpg

FullSizeRender_2_44.jpg

Tonight is night 65 of Jane being above soil. I last gave her a moderate amount of water five nights ago. Tonight she got 2 teaspoons of cal-mag powder dressing on top of the soil. Either tomorrow night or Sunday I will add plain, filtered tap (roughly 1L's worth). She has also been developing a fair amount of pistols over the past few nights.

Here are some photos of her from this past week:
FullSizeRender_4_29.jpg

IMG_211917.JPG

IMG_211821.JPG

FullSizeRender_5_19.jpg

Back
Top Bottom