Losing My Grow Virginity

N36 Aliyah and Paige in photo tent; N25 Winona in the auto krunk trunk

I am sorry for being a bit behind lately. I just sat down to write this and realized how incredibly stoned I am at this moment. Good times.

I gave the older girls a light sprinkle around the edges.

I think WInona is appreciating her room to stretch.
IMG_183718.JPG

Older girls
IMG_183623.JPG

N37 Aliyah and Paige, N26 Winona

The girls all got a proper soak today. The sprinkle I gave them yesterday was not sufficient.

Also good to air out the tent and trunk. The tent has heat trapping issues. Trunk is rocking.

Here is a before and after of the girls

IMG_184526.JPG

After
IMG_184725.JPG

neon2.jpg

N40 Aliyah (Ace Mix) and Paige (Power Plant), N29 WInona (W.W. auto), N1 Jane (2046), N0 Paula (PK Auto)

Well I didn't take photos of the seedlings but instead focused on the oldest three girls. The 2046 Tap root did germ and I planted her in soil yesterday before lights out. Less than 24 hours later her hard hat is poking through the soil. I will wait until she looses her cap before taking a million photos of her. Paul he PK auto finally germed a tap root! She was being stubborn so I took a sewing pin and ever so gently poked a small hole in the pointy side of the seed before placing her back into her papertowel. Mind you both Jane and Paula each sat in a Solo Cup Jacuzzi for 24+ hours before getting the paper towel.

Tonight I noticed that both Aliyah and Paige were parched. The soil was very dry and they grew a fair amount between the initial feeding of nutes 6 days ago and a soak. As you will see in the photos the photos (no pun intended) started some good growth and Aliyah even has pistol production going on. Winona was dryish and drank most of her water from three nights ago. Just on her growth alone I can tell she is developing a thick root system. I am considering transferring her to a 5 gallon fabric pot and letting her rock the trunk solo the whole time.

The 2046 is hanging out with a 2L green house over it in the photo tent. I am still uncertain how big she will get if I limit her pot size and heavily supercrop to control height. I feel I have had some moderate success supercropping both Aliyah and Winona as they have filled out to appear similarly. I have to do to double take when I look at one or the other. My quick identifier has been the fact that Aliyah has such pretty pistols going.

I gave Aliyah and Paige a 50% concentration mix of my mixed FF nutes with boiled tap water that sat and cooled off over night: 6 oz dissolved nutes, 6 oz boiled tap.

Winona also got her first dose of mix since she is officially 4 weeks old so far. I gave her 2 oz of FF nutes mixed into 8 oz of boiled tap. She has been quite impressive and I really admire her structure. I feel glad to know she hasn't jumped into flower early. If I transplant her like I mentioned above then I may be able to stretch out the veg for a few more weeks and get closer to 50 days.

Well, enough talk; here are some pics.

IMG_187124.JPG

Aliyah
IMG_186920.JPG

Aliyah after bending and tying down
IMG_187222.JPG

IMG_187328.JPG

Paige
IMG_187023.JPG

Photo Tent
IMG_187417.JPG

Krunk Trunk
IMG_188324.JPG

N43 Aliyah (Ace) and Paige (Power Plant), N32 Winona (W.W. Auto), N2 Jane (2046) and Paula (P.K. Auto) 5/11/16:

Well I have been a tad busy but I figure I should probably give you guys an update.

Both Aliyah and Paige are starting to develop a fair amount of pistol production. Aliyah has a very strange structure to her and I am doing my best to bend the tallest branches since my LST has pretty much failed. Aliyah pulled her bondage right off like a naughty little girl. I am starting to like Paige's structure even though she resembles a Christmas Wreath.

Winona was getting quite big but I feel there has been a slow in her growth. She is likely getting ready to kick over to flower mode shortly and I am sure she is getting root bound in that small pot. My 5 gallon fabric pots came but I overestimated my volume of the Krunk Trunk. I am not sure I will be able to successfully fit both her and the new Purple Kush Auto, Paula in the same trunk if I upsize her. With how Winona has spread out I am wondering if it may be worth uprating her and allowing her to solo that trunk. This does present a problem as I currently have the trunk and a 24"x24"x48" in use. I was planning on returning the 2x2 once my 32x32x63 comes but I may need to keep it, buy another Mars Hydro 300 and just have three spaces going simultaneously. The 2046 is going to stretch tall no matter what I do and I know that autos such as the White Widow and Purple Kush will likely flower early if their pot isn't very big. I have a bit of a puzzle and I am trying to figure what works best. If I am going to transfer Winona it will need to happen soon but I still haven't even received my new tent that was supposed to be here on Monday.

The two new girls are both eager to stretch. Jane, the 2046 is a few inches out of the soil and just started spreading her cotyledons. Paula, the Purple Kush Auto still has her seed hat on and may have broken soil a bit soon as her cotyledons are slightly singed from the light.

I have noticed a bit of yellowing on Aliyah Paige and Winona. Some spotting. I know the droop is likely from the plants being thirsty.

IMG_190920.JPG

IMG_191727.JPG

IMG_191527.JPG

IMG_189923.JPG

IMG_190027.JPG

IMG_190222.JPG

IMG_190318.JPG

IMG_190523.JPG

IMG_190626.JPG

IMG_190725.JPG

IMG_191023.JPG

IMG_191127.JPG

IMG_191325.JPG

IMG_191421.JPG

IMG_190823.JPG

Like many of us you started the whole growing thing with an eye on being super stealthy and then found out your so addicted one small trunk won't do! This need to grow is hard to contain!

Having more compliance/cooperation from others has permitted this to expand more than I initially anticipated. But for sure that itch spurred me to consider more than just the Trunk. That being said; as comprehensive and convenient as the tent(s) are I am most proud of the Krunk Trunk and I want to utilize it no matter what. Now that it has been revised to function how I need it to its hard for me to abandon it.

And regarding the need to grow I suspect the plants may have their own level of consciousness and are somehow purposefully influencing humans to carry on their genetic legacy. These are my kooky feelings based upon some recent studies on plant intelligence and my own intuition.

I may have missed it, but how are you managing airflow in the trunk?

I have a 80 mm fan with roughly 40 cfm on the intake and a 120mm fan with around 96cfm for exhaust. This combined with the small volume gets a small swirl of air flow going. There was a hurricane clip fan in there as well but the White Widow Auto has gotten wider so I pulled the clip fan out.

N45 Aliyah and Paige, N34 Winona, N4 Jane and Paula

Yesterday the eldest girls and Winona were drooping. I realized they may be due for water so I gave all three girls about 9 oz each.

Aliyah and Paige both looked wilted and now have sprung back. Winona was getting a bit too big for her pot so I decided I should definitely uprate her as to avoid an early flower. I moved the Purple Kush auto to the photo tent. I now have a 2x4x5 on the way instead of the 32"x32"x63". Apparently the seller I purchased this through has a terrible reputation for not shipping items and it has been that way for 10 plus feedback reviews...I decided to pursue a refund instead.

I am going to run the 2x2x4 and the 2x4x5. Tentatively the trunk will continue but I may actually gift the Krunk Trunk to a buddy who just moved up north and even provide a courtesy seedling for him. He doesn't have internet access where he is but at least I can try to help guide him should I do this.

Winona looks so much smaller in her giant 5gal pot. Once the new tent comes Aliyah and Paige will both be uprated as well.

The 2046 is getting long legged and the Purple Kush Auto seems like it may have weak genetics. Despite the fact that the Happy Frog soil I have been using for the seedlings has fungus gnats all other 4 plants did fine in it. I have been adding mosquito bits on the surface of the soil for all of the girls which eliminated fungus gnats. But back to my point the PK Auto, Paula is droopy and still had her seed hat stuck on. She was looking sad so I decided to assist her helmet off like I have had to do with pretty much every one of these plants.

Here are some pictures of Winona:
IMG_191824.JPG

IMG_191929.JPG

IMG_192028.JPG

The rest of the girls
photo_tent.jpg

N46 check in ALiyah and Paige.

IMG_192825.JPG

Paula the Purple Kush Auto seed just didn't make it. I have another in a solo cup soaking overnight. On the morrow I will pull it, and place it in a moist paper towel to complete germination.

N48 Aliyah and Paige, N37 Winona, N7 Jane, PK Auto seedling (germinating):

I am eagerly waiting on the 2x4 to come. I think I may need to transplant ALiyah into the 5 gal pot as well. She is getting a bit yellow on some of her fan leaves. This may also be to toxicity from some foliar spray I went a little HAM with this weekend. Smoke too much pot, get paranoid they are hungry and over do it. Man I had a derp moment. I was smoking unnecessary quantities to the point of not even appreciating the high this weekend.

Well back to the plants. The 2046 is officially one week old. She is quite tall but very skinny. Winona is still a tad wilted. She too got the foliar spray and I realized afterward the mixture was twice the recommended strength. For some dumb reason I thought there were two quarts in a gallon which doesn't even make sense because of the prefix quart meaning fourth. Another stellar moment from this weekend...

Three nights ago I gave the three eldest a fair soak. Tonight is the time I give Jane the 2046 her first miniature soak. I will make sure to sprinkly gently towards the outside edge of the cup to encourage her little roots to seek out the moisture.

Winona will get a proper soak most likely tomorrow if the wilting looks worse.

On a totally unrelated note I have seen a few wolf spiders hanging out in my damn grow tent. Is this a common issue for you guys? I imagine the heat from the light and temp and humidity being mild is exactly what they like but I am getting sick of these little bastards.

Here are some pictures (not of the spiders) :

Aliyah's yellowing fan leaves
IMG_193324.JPG

IMG_193425.JPG

Paige mild nute burn (tips)
IMG_193626.JPG

IMG_193527.JPG

Winona droopy
IMG_193828.JPG

IMG_193928.JPG

Jane Skinny
IMG_194019.JPG