Losing My Grow Virginity

I also suspect my pH meter doesn't work correctly at all. Any recommendations on w good soil pH reader?

I also am sick of working with pH meters that I don't trust or give me inconsistent readings. My buddy works in a lab, and is going to grab my some Bromothymol blue (turns yellow below 6.0) and Bromcresol Green (turns blue above 5.4). It won't give me an exact reading, but right now, I just want to be in the ballpark.

Night 20 Aliyah and Paige, Night 9 for WInona

Well the Trunk mods have helped keep the peak temp down. I haven't figured out a good way to use the Lasko on the off hours to warm the surrounding space as the cord is short and I don't have a second timer yet. Aliyah is starting to grow up more and once I get the light ropes I can set the LED at the perrrrfect height but not right meow.

Paige is so damn bushy I decided she too should get a topping; however her structure is stranger and more complex than her sister's. She has tri shoots off of most nodes and it wasn't clear what the dominant future cola would be so I picked the two closest ones to being dominant and removed as necessary.

Some photos of the growth I removed:
removed1.JPG

Here is Paige Post-top (sounds like post-op)

PaigeAfterTopSide.JPG

Bird's Eye view
PaigeAfterTopBirdsEye.JPG

I also moved Winona into her uprated pot. I probably could have waited another day or three judging by the slight soil crumble upon transferring but I don't think it should set her back too much. Instead of opting for the 1 gal plastic pot which I was going to use as an in-betweener and a LST assistant (had pre-drilled holes all around the top) I opted for the third smart pot.

How can I make this work considering my lack of real estate I have been complaining about? Well "work" is a fluid word here... I flipped around the insert with the Mylar lining that usually sits between the trunk lid and the body. The third pot is just barely in the trunk and I will need to rig up some sort of mesh/wire grate floor to keep the pots off of the ground to prevent rot and increase O2 to the roots. It is sort of propped up on the small lip ridge that was originally to keep the insert from falling through and as a result Winona's pot is actually sitting a bit higher than the others. I forgot to take photos of this during the stress induced transition but I am sure more pictures will come in the days to follow.

I am going to try to see how long I can ride out having all three in there. Obviously once it is time for the photos to "flip" to 12/12 the trunk can no longer accommodate them and I will be forced to have a secondary space. The good news is my wife will be done with the spring consignment sale by this Friday and I will have free reign on the fabric wardrobe I was intending to use. I am already brainstorming design ideas...

The Older girls will be due for water either Tuesday night or Wednesday night depending on how heavy they are. I know typically you want to water close to before or right after you top a plant but I have faith in Paige as she probably has the healthiest foliage out of them all.

Night 21 Ace Mix and Power Plant, Night 10 White Widow:

Nothing terribly exciting for tonight apart from the cool novelty of the older girls being three weeks officially and Winona being 10 days old.

Here is a group photo-
KrunkTrunkN21.JPG

Night 24 update:

Aliyah and Paige are doing well. WInona is 13 days old and growing fast.

Temps are lower. So far so good.

I soaked Aliyah and Paige with about a quart split amongst them pH to 6.5 558PPM cal-mag tap water boiled.
IMG_176424.JPG

IMG_176528.JPG

IMG_176824.JPG

Winona
IMG_177128.JPG

Aliyah
IMG_176927.JPG

Paige
IMG_177021.JPG

Group Shot
IMG_177225.JPG

Back in the Trunk
IMG_177324.JPG

IMG_176721.JPG

Night 27 Aliyah (Ace Fem), Paige (Power Plant Fem)
Night 16 Winona (White Widow Auto Fem)

The ladies are looking lovely this evening. I stopped by the garden after much car work this evening to see them looking fantastic.

I experimented with a bit of leaf tucking, taking the tallest nodes and tucking one node down to make the top surface more level.

Winona
IMG_179123.JPG

Paige
IMG_179426.JPG

Aliyah
IMG_179224.JPG

Back into the trunk
IMG_179531.JPG

The good news is I have a small tent on the way as well as a Mars Hydro 300W.
This will allow me to free up the photos from the Trunk and keep it purely for Auto Blood.

Not planning on switching to flower any time soon I want them to veg for at least few more weeks. My decision to flip will be depending on how tall they reach over the next few weeks; I will keep an eye on them .

Generally from seeking stage for photo plants you want them to veg for 50-55 days before flip to be mature. Clones you can flower after the mother is 55 days because the clones will always be the same age as the mother. So if I flower a seedling I keep her trimmed back until the 50-55day mark.

I humbly thank you for your advice Shiggity. I will follow your schedule and continue LST as needed while they veg. Tentatively I will aim for a 50-55 day flip over.

Dude, you have the Shiggmeister up in this bitch! Congrats on the tent and light. You have caught the bug like I did. lol. I'm glad you will still be running the Krunk Trunk. Height will be your nemesis. I guess you could put the trunk in the tent when you get it and open her up so you can raise the light. Happy for you brother!

depending on space you may need to flower before then. Mature crowded plants won't be optimal either. I have flowered plants earlier they just end up giving less yield. In my hunger games grow I flowered early, just knew I would get less. The clones of the same plants gave more yield in my second round in the chem nute hunger games thread.

Because you are doing LST the plants are growing wide at the moment but they will start stretching upward as well from the side branch points. Don't let them get too crowded in there. Think of a max of one top every 2-2.5 inches. That's about the same spacing as on a good scrog. But flower them at a low vertical or they may stretch too much like a scrog that was allowed to go vertical too long. How tall? Depends. If sativa heavy not very tall at all. Just a few inches. If indica then a bit more than that for sure.

Then after your first grow if you clone the plants you will know their stretch habits.

Night 28 Update Aliyah (Ace Mix) Paige (Power Plant) Night 17 Winona

I'm behind my usual posting schedule but this is technically for last night/early morning.

The girls are looking well. I noticed the "tucked" leaves sprung back into their spot and they continue to stretch. The two older girls are obviously looking full but I was most surprised by Winona's progress upon opening the trunk.

Here is a shot of the trunk with the lights off:
FullSizeRender126.jpg

Night 29 Aliyah and Paige, Night 18 Winona:

Aliyah the Ace Mix and Paige the Power Plant each got about a full L of filtered then boiled tap. I grew impatient waiting for the water to cool down and may have given them too warm of water. I don't think it should do too much harm. We'll think of it as a "spa" treatment. I also dressed the top of the soil for the girls with mosquito bits to kill the recent fungus gnat appearances. Winona will get her dressing after I soak her in a couple of days.

I think in about 3/4 days I am going to introduce fox farms Big grow, grow big, boomerang and Kangaroots. I will intend on doing about 1/4 strength of the recommended dosage.

Here is a quick pick of the trunk:
N29_18.JPG

Back
Top Bottom