Losing My Grow Virginity

Why are you boiling your water Kyu? You shouldn't need to do that. If you are worried about the chlorine in the water, it's insignificant. You can add some dechlorinator to the water if you're that worried.

I boil it partially because I am a tad OCD but also because I have hard water and water softener is already in my water. My weird logic to this is by boiling it it will slightly desalinate my tap water and also help even out the pH. This could just be broscience but it made sense to me when I was initially planning out this grow.

Feel free to chime in experts and validate NOOB4x4's advice which I am sure is probably accurate.

Night 30 Aliyah and Paige, Night 19 Winona:

Tonight marks an interesting occasion not just for the older girls being a month old but also because I found out this evening that a certain someone who is very intuitive has been aware of my little Trunk for about two weeks and hasn't said anything. I was prompted with a question "So what are you growing?". This sparked a surprisingly tolerant conversation. She expressed she isn't fond of having a perpetual crop growing year-round and would prefer after this harvest that I not continue. She was very gracious and patient considering her contra-position on cannabis as she herself is a non-user and has never officially tried it.

On to the photo updates.

Here is a group shot
IMG_180525.JPG

Aliyah (Ace Mix Fem)
IMG_1806_1_.JPG

Paige (Power Plant Fem)
IMG_1809_1_.JPG

Winona (White Widow Auto Fem)
IMG_181031.JPG

I boil it partially because I am a tad OCD but also because I have hard water and water softener is already in my water. My weird logic to this is by boiling it it will slightly desalinate my tap water and also help even out the pH. This could just be broscience but it made sense to me when I was initially planning out this grow.

Feel free to chime in experts and validate NOOB4x4's advice which I am sure is probably accurate.

I forgot you use a water softener. The sodium in the water should be negligible but you will have to add cal mag because your water softener is taking those minerals, in addition to iron, out. I bet your water tastes awesome though. lol

I forgot you use a water softener. The sodium in the water should be negligible but you will have to add cal mag because your water softener is taking those minerals, in addition to iron, out. I bet your water tastes awesome though. lol

Yeah that is one reason I have been gung-ho on cal mag being added to water as frequently as I have in this journal. I haven't figured out a great solution for iron supplementation that can be isolated without going overboard on NPK or Ca.

I have started tinkering with the idea of every other feed adding coconut milk or something of the like. More research before that is implemented.

I bet you could use your water from your water hose outside fill up 5 gallon bucket, put in an airstone. Boom. Unless you have that on the softener too.

I am fairly certain that my water softener goes right into my water main directly and would come out of the hose too but maybe not. Plus then I have to concern myself with chlorine content. I haven't inquired with the city about what our water samples contain but maybe i should.

On an entirely separate note, since I am looking to maximize this crop I am most certainly considering adding another photo and 1 more auto when my tent comes. I think the mars should be able to cover the entire 2x2 tent even with three plants in there.

For the third photo plant my three candidates for consideration are: 2046 Medical strain, Super Silver Haze and another Ace Mix seed. All should be fine choices regardless, however the earlier two being of pure or heavily dominant haze genetics have tendencies to stretch tall. I think I can mitigate this with controlling the flip early if it sprouts tall, LST+topping, and not getting too big of a pot size.

For the second auto plant my two choices are only WW Auto or Purple Haze Auto. I may not get an opportunity to experiment with my many strains for a while so when you cast your vote please keep that in mind!

Click Here to vote for the Auto :

<iframe src="https://www.strawpoll.me/embed_1/10082752/r" style="width:600px;height:390px;border:0;">Loading poll...</iframe>

And Here is the poll for the photo:

<iframe src="https://www.strawpoll.me/embed_1/10082791/r" style="width:600px;height:390px;border:0;">Loading poll...</iframe>

Please please please vote so I can capture everyone's input in one, visual place!

:thumb:

NIght 33 Aliyah and Paige, Night 22 Winona

As of right now there are clear favorites in the straw polls.

Photo Period Option
1. 2046 Medical Strain Fem 7 votes (58%)
2. Super Silver Haze Fem 4 votes (33%)
3. Ace Mix Fem 1 votes (8%)
12 total votes

Auto Flower choices
1. White Widow Auto Fem 0 votes (0%)
2. Purple Kush Auto Fem 8 votes (100%)
8 total votes

I decided to return my 2x2x4 tent I had ordered and purchase an alternative that is 32"x32"x63" Mylar Non Toxic Hut New.

I also explored doing some moderate stress training. I saw moderate because I was doing something between LST and super cropping.

I also did some minor defoliation of Paige and Aliyah both.

The trunk is crowded and I still have two more seeds to germ. I do have my Mars Hydro 300 ready and waiting.

Here is some photos of the ladies from tonight:

Aliyah

AliyahLST.JPG

Paige

PaigeLST.JPG

Winona from 24 hours ago

WInonaLastNight.JPG

Winona (after)

WinonaLST.JPG

Bonus shots

trunkLST.JPG

trunkCloseLST.JPG

Night 35 Update Aliyah+Paige, Night 24 update on WInona

I got the 2x2x4 in today. I am actually working on returning it but I temporarily wanted to give my plants some space to get better airflow. Tomorrow night all three should get some water. Here are some pics

Trunk
IMG_183122.JPG

Girls in new tent
IMG_182726.JPG

IMG_183021.JPG

Noobs
IMG_183418.JPG

If she's gonna give you one grow, make it count! I see you agree with that statement, my friend. I hope you stick around after you harvest, buddy. The tent looks great, man. You will like the 3x3 even better. Versai got a pound from his 3x3 with 9 plants in 3 gallon pots. You can too. Very excited for you, Kyu!

If she's gonna give you one grow, make it count! I see you agree with that statement, my friend. I hope you stick around after you harvest, buddy. The tent looks great, man. You will like the 3x3 even better. Versai got a pound from his 3x3 with 9 plants in 3 gallon pots. You can too. Very excited for you, Kyu!

We have spoken about it more as we go and she seems to be loosening to the idea. We shall see how this harvest goes.

Back
Top Bottom