Low stress training

Luisdayuso

Hello all I first want to really thank this forum and everyone who participate I would have been lost along time ago my question is I have a 2x2x4 tent I’m growing two LSD fem seeds I’m going to transplant to their final home a 5 gallon grow bag do I need to stress train or will this strain be ok?

D31E9FDE-58F8-43D4-9D4E-3817B4C9D3DD.jpeg

You don't have to low stress train them, but it will increase your yield. You're limiting factor is height, you've only got 4 ft. to work with, and depending on your light type, you normally have to keep the lights a foot or so above the plant tops, plus you loose almost a foot with the height of the bag. By doing LST you can keep the plants shorter and increase the number of good bud sites. Also remember you have to figure in anywhere from 25%-75% "stretch" (I usually figure on about 40%) once they get flipped to 12/12. That doesn't leave you too much height to work with, particularly with photos. Next time you might consider one plant in that space and you could really spread it out nicely with LST, but that's up to you.

Can do low stress training = super-cropping is how I do it. I'm usually always at the lights (LED). Can grow pretty close to them like 6-10"

There are many methods of LST - I've found super-cropping to be the best way for yields and overall plant health.

Those plants are going to stretch and they are a good size already. I'd be flipping them right after up-can. It's going to get tight in there.

Trim off all the low down branches say the lower 1/3 of the plant that will help and you can do that at up-can and save a few cuts for your next round and learn cloning. Fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom