Lower humidity during flowering

kickstart

It has been awhile since I have been on and able to share with all of you. I just wanted to share a little bit of info with everyone...

I read awhile back on these forums about lowering the humidity in the flower stage during the last 2-3 weeks. This is supposed to increase resin production as a way of protecting the plant from drying out. I must say I am impressed! I was able to lower the humidity in the room to 40-45% about the time I started my flush. During the last week I dropped it to about 35%. Not an easy task in the humid Northwest (especially this time of year). The difference is AMAZING! I usually would do pre-trim and harvest with bare hands and scissors, however this time I had to switch to rubber gloves; I got so much resin on my hands from trimming just a couple plants that I had to use mechanics hand cleaner 4 times and was still a bit sticky to the touch.

Thank you again to this great community for continuing to expand my knowledge on growing medical marijuana! I will try to get some pictures posted of this great crop very soon.

:thanks:

Better yet, ditch the rubber gloves and scrape it off your hands from time to time with a dull razor blade (not CUT, scrape lol) and keep adding it to the little ball until it's a bigger ball.

Then smoke it and forget your name.

I have not used a single humidifier at all, and it isnt humid at all in my GR. I havent seen any problems yet, just a few random dead fan leaves here and there that I have attributed to nutrient deficiency. Has anyone grown using no humidifiers at all? I am in my 2nd week of flowering and see no problems.

I have not used a single humidifier at all, and it isnt humid at all in my GR. I havent seen any problems yet, just a few random dead fan leaves here and there that I have attributed to nutrient deficiency. Has anyone grown using no humidifiers at all? I am in my 2nd week of flowering and see no problems.

We are talking about de-humidifiers in this thread, as opposed to humidifiers.

if u got a humid grow room,USE A DEHUMIDIFIER!!!,the humid levels will rise as the weeks goes in the flowering,once i got mold on my big and i say BIG duchdragon,all went to waste :( ,and the tears started to fall as the girl started to die ,mold is a tricky thing,when u see it it's usualy to late,becouse the molding usualy starts in the center of the bud and goes outwards(my experience after 4 gardens,still a novice but i know when things starts to go all bad)

i have to plant there in there 3rd week of veg..my plant are only 8inches tall and they look really gd but not tall..and wat humidity should i hav it at in my grow box i hav it at 45-50% and 79-82 temp..im tryin to put pics so i can show u but i dont kno how on this site.this is my first time really on this..can any body help

I was veggin mine at 60%, dropped it down to 50 when I started flowering, then 40 when buds started. I've got a little less than 4 weeks left, and i've lowered it to 30.

And I must say, my buds are frosty. I'm also keeping it colder lately... more 70 instead of 75, and my nighttime temps are going to soon be dipping to the 60's, I hope this will also promote resin production.

Thankfully I am in dwc, so water isn't exactly an issue, lol :) But yes, you are correct: a lower humidity will draw moisture out of the leaves, sucking the nutrients and water up from the roots... I can imagine it could quickly dry a plant out.

thanks bro..i had another question after harvest can u regenerate your plant..i didnt get a chance to clone the damn plant and its really good..it was a bag seed..

First off, I just have to say that Kickstart, you are definitely an inspiration and have some beautiful grows under your belt that I admire. I actually have a question about humidity and Co2 in a GR. I currently have a small, "poor man's grow" if you will, and I don't have a de-humidifier nor a ventilation system as it is a medium sized walk-in closet. I was wondering if my the yield or growth will be affected that much considering it's pretty humid and warm most of the time, and there is very bad ventilation in and out of the room. Any help or tips are appreciated.

better yet, ditch the rubber gloves and scrape it off your hands from time to time with a dull razor blade (not cut, scrape lol) and keep adding it to the little ball until it's a bigger ball.

Then smoke it and forget your name.

freez the glove and then stretch them out ...it will all fall off.... I hear.....

It has been awhile since I have been on and able to share with all of you. I just wanted to share a little bit of info with everyone...

I read awhile back on these forums about lowering the humidity in the flower stage during the last 2-3 weeks. This is supposed to increase resin production as a way of protecting the plant from drying out. I must say I am impressed! I was able to lower the humidity in the room to 40-45% about the time I started my flush. During the last week I dropped it to about 35%. Not an easy task in the humid Northwest (especially this time of year). The difference is AMAZING! I usually would do pre-trim and harvest with bare hands and scissors, however this time I had to switch to rubber gloves; I got so much resin on my hands from trimming just a couple plants that I had to use mechanics hand cleaner 4 times and was still a bit sticky to the touch.

Thank you again to this great community for continuing to expand my knowledge on growing medical marijuana! I will try to get some pictures posted of this great crop very soon.

:thanks:

I'm running a CO2 generator and A/C in a sealed room now and have just cut the lights back. I was having to run a humidifier when they were vegging just to keep it up close to 60%. Now that I've cut the lights back I am getting drenched in humidity, to the point where I'm looking at a dehumidifier. I have 4 circulation fans in a 12x11' room; four - 600 watt digital HPS, large A/C keeping the canopy temps at 88°F.

Any ideas what would I should shoot for in terms of RH%?

I do not need to use humidifiers. A little trick if you have the room and need humidity. Get some 5 gallon pots and plant some Garlic or any Veg you like to eat. If you have more then one like I do then put them on a different water schedule and you will have nice Humidity and food to eat. Being in Colorado we are always freaking dry.

Back
Top Bottom