LST (turned HST) injury: Can this plant recover?

StiffPick

Hi all, first time poster.

So I have this one bagseed plant that was leggy and stretching further then the others.

IMG_060727.JPG

Decided to try some LST with some pipe cleaners.

IMG_060828.JPG

Short story even longer, this happened:

IMG_061029.JPG

Day 2 of Bloom.
Can this plant recover???

Thank you!

-Stiff

PS: This plant is the only one that I tried suppercropping. IE: Pinching the stems. That technique definitely works.

you could try taping it with duct tape or gorilla tape. Most likely, it will be fine, but that part of the stem will always be weak and could potentially split even further as it progresses late into bloom if you don't support it with something. I would both tape it and definitely support it with something during bloom

The trouble I have with tape for fixing breaks is getting it off again, though in this case you probably don't need to get it off again. For those splits- common with lst, I use pipe cleaners and tie/clamp that area snugly together again, using the closest branches to secure the pipe cleaner to.

Thank you for the input! Gotta admit, tape didn't cross my mind at all to fix it. Duct tape really can fix anything....:loopy:

Gonna use another pipe cleaner like Weasel suggested.

-Stiff

Yup, I've seen damaged plants held together with tape long enough to get to harvest. That branch will likely need extra support if it's carrying buds, so plan for that.

Yup if they get heavy you're gonne have to support them.I cracked one on my current grow taped it up seems to be allrite.

One of my plants in flower right now actually split exactly like that at one of the y intersections I week or so into flower. So far its recovered extremely well. All I did was took little strips of duct tape and wrapped it as tight as I could without damaging it more, then I put a solo cup under the branch for support. The funny thing is it made that branch stretch a bit and that branch now has the biggest cola on it!!! Funny how that works!!! If you check my journal link below its easy to see which plant it was although I dont have pics of the break I can go get pics of how it currently is.

Yea I would love to see the pic of how it's doing now!
I was really worried because the split happened on the meristem, the main one. I haven't done anything to it.... Just let it be.

The plant is doing fine. By fine I mean not dying or discoloring at all. Just a plant with a split stem.

I'm using the Mars Hydro 96x3 reflector LED light and it seems to be working ok. Not huge amounts of growth, just growing little by little each day. Growth seems to be determined by which plant is stronger/genetics. All plants are from the same bag, and they all grow differently.

Thank for the replies!

Mini SOG I like to think:
6-12-15.JPG

I think these are the flowers starting:
6-12-15_2_.JPG
6-12-15_5_.JPG

This is the injured plant, the majority of the pic is just that plant. It grew wide and long :;): : (Sorry it's sideways)
6-12-15_8_.JPG

And the stem:(almost identical to the first pic, 3 days later.)
6-12-15_14_.JPG
6-12-15_9_.JPG

^^^^ This is not the first pic. = Stunted growth?

Sorry for late reply, I will get some picture tonight when light comes on. I'll get some of the area where it split, kinda curious myself what it looks like, still has duct tape on it! :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom