Luck of the Highrish

TheOctopus

I know that title makes no sense, but I really wanted to combine high and Irish.

I'm not a grower (and not much of a shower either, wahey! Awwww....), but I've been smoking for ages now and while I understand a lot of the basics, there are still a few burning questions that I just can't figure out, so I decided to finally just give in and join this forum. I've read 50 million guides with titles like "The only weed guide you'll ever need", but I find that most of them tend to basically just say "roll a joint and smoke it and you'll get high it's awesome". I have a few questions that are probably common sense stuff, but I just haven't been able to find a straight answer either from anyone I know or online.

I'm not sure if I should post these questions here (probably not), but they don't really seem to fit in the grow room either, since my questions are mainly about smoking and I don't grow (we Irish had this whole issue with potatoes a while back, so best not to take any chances!) But for fear of pissing everyone off with my first post by being the 300 billionth person to ask the same basic questions, I'll just ask if there's somewhere in particular I should post those questions? I've been smoking for well over a year now, so my naiveté has long since crossed the line from cute to pathetic....

Anyway, pleasure to meet you. I love jokes about Irish people, so if you have any, fire away!

Yeah I saw that there was a FAQ in the grow room, but my questions aren't at all about growing so I wasn't sure if I should put them there. That methods of medication page doesn't seem to be what I'm after either.

Anyway, I usually roll since I'm smoke cigs and I live at home, so a bong isn't a great option. I usually roll by putting a little bit of weed in first, then putting tobacco in, putting in some crystals, and putting more weed on top. But my friend recently told me that the weed shouldn't be touching the paper, cos that makes it burn too fast. Is that right?

More recently I've tried taking a bit of weed and a bit of tobacco and mixing them into one pile, which I then put in the paper (with a lil extra tobacco at the end before the roach). Is this the best way? Guides I've read online mostly just say to use my mix, but not if I should mix it like I just said, like I said before, or whatever way.

Since I smoke, I don't mind using a lot of tobacco. But does this make the mix less potent? or does it not matter since it's all going in anyway?

I also usually use some crystals in every joint. I grind enough for about two or three joints at a time and divide the crystals up evenly. A friend recently told me that the crystals are more of a sleepy high, but another friend told me they're the best part. Who's right, and would it be better to use loads of crystals at once or keep doing what I'm doing? I know they're great for cooking but I very rarely do that.

I also always use the small papers, but put in a generous amount of weed. Would it be better to use the longer ones and spread the same amount over more space?

When grinding, I prefer to grind it really fine, and make it as dusty as possible. But this takes aaaaaaaaaaaages with the grinder I have. I assume it's better because you get fewer lumps and a more even spread, but I'm just assuming that. I kind of feel like it gives me a better high, but that could just be cos I think it's better.

After grinding, I'll just leave the weed out, sometimes overnight. Does it lose potency by not being in an enclosed container? Should I put it back in a bag as soon as I've rolled a joint, or does it not matter either way?

How tight should joints be? Should I compress the mix as much as I can, should I make it tight but not crush it, it should it be pretty loose?

Finally, I'm crap with roaches. I actually use sellotape cos it's the only way I can stop them unravelling once I put them in! How big should a roach be? Should it (an the rest of the joint I guess) be about the same size as a cigarette filter, bigger, or smaller?

I know I've asked a load of questions, but like I said, I've been smoking ages and there are still so many times when I roll one, and find it really difficult to actually get drags off it. There are plenty of times when afterwards, I feel like I barely felt any of the effects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think if I get these, I should be good to go.

Just put in whatever amount of tobacco you desire for smoothness and even burning. I've put tobacco for a while now. If I quit cigarettes then I'll just be vaping but... Tobacco makes my joints burn even and not too harsh. I just mix evenly in a pile. Lol to each his own. Whatever makes it better for you to enjoy man.
Stick a piece of your cigarettes pack in the end so you have a screen instead of a cheech and chong joint end

Man, you just made me miss my old irish workmates so much.
I'm gonna share the spanish way of rolling.
1. Break off the filter of a cigarette (it should still have some of the white part of the cigarette on it. I'd say 2/3 orange, 1/3 white)
2. Empty out the other part into your palm and add weed. About 1/2 of the amount of tobacco. (You can play around with the proportions, but that amount should fit comfortably in a rolling paper)
3. Mix it all up, flip it into a rolling paper and roll it into a cigarette shape.
4. Use the filter part as a roach but leave half sticking out of the paper. (I'd recommend pushing the tobacco/weed aganist the filter so it's not all loosey goosey in the back).
5. Roll it and lick it shut.
6. Pull the cotton filter out and put a roach in the orange part. (That's probably the trickiest part)

Tips and tricks:
-Take the sticky part of another rolling paper to make a "belt" so the roach/filter won't slide out.
-If you smoke cigarettes practice rolling instead of just straight up smoking.

I hope that was helpful (or at least made sense).
:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom